Explosion at Grand Central Station
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:23:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Explosion at Grand Central Station
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Explosion at Grand Central Station  (Read 1949 times)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 26, 2007, 09:53:55 PM »

Do you think the explosion at Grand Central Station last week was a terrorist attack or a gas line explosion?  I am very inclinded to think it was a terrorist dry run and that more is on the way.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 09:59:01 PM »

Do you think the explosion at Grand Central Station last week was a terrorist attack or a gas line explosion?  I am very inclinded to think it was a terrorist dry run and that more is on the way.

Well, obviously the terrorists would blow something up when doing a dry run.  It's not like that would tip the police off and make them be on guard and drastically lessen the terrorists' chances of succeeding in the actual attack.

I think it was obviously the government trying to kill its own citizens, myself.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 10:09:14 PM »

Steam pipes burst in NYC every so often.  They are over 80 years old.  That was all.
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 10:12:20 PM »

Well, obviously the terrorists would blow something up when doing a dry run.  It's not like that would tip the police off and make them be on guard and drastically lessen the terrorists' chances of succeeding in the actual attack.

I think it was obviously the government trying to kill its own citizens, myself.

No no no. It was the Borg. This was obviously a dry run test for their invasion.

Assimilation is coming. Resistance will be futile.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 10:12:36 PM »

Steam pipes burst in NYC every so often.  They are over 80 years old.  That was all.

They tend to do that in DC too.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 10:37:07 PM »
« Edited: July 26, 2007, 11:45:24 PM by Verily »

Pretty muche. It's happened before; I think one exploded in 2000 down in Greenwich Village. This one made for an unpleasantly hectic commute home, but it certainly wasn't anything terrorism-related. ConEd has been trying to replace all of the pipes for years, but it's simply impossible for the city to close more than a couple of street blocks at a time to dig down and replace them.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2007, 10:54:15 PM »

downwitdaleft is nuts. that is all.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2007, 11:07:28 PM »

I was in NYC that week.  That morning there was a pretty heavy rain storm.  The Long Island Expressway was flooded in parts.  Take hot, aging pipes, submerge in lots of cold water, end result is a big pop.  Definitely an accident.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2007, 11:32:50 PM »

If the Patriot Act were stronger, we could protect America from pipe bursts.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2007, 11:45:21 PM »

I was in NYC that week.  That morning there was a pretty heavy rain storm.  The Long Island Expressway was flooded in parts.  Take hot, aging pipes, submerge in lots of cold water, end result is a big pop.  Definitely an accident.

Obviously, the terrorists used their weather machine to generate that rain specifically for that purpose.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2007, 11:56:29 PM »

The alien machines are coming to invade NY. Run, DWTL, run for your life ...
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2007, 08:44:38 AM »

Are going to assume the government tends to agree with me.  They paid my cousin $100 for his clothes because he was by the explosion.  There is no reason not to believe that the terrorists had something to do this.
David S
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2007, 09:56:15 AM »

LOL you sure are getting to be a sarcastic SOB in your old age. But I guess I agree with you on the likelyhood of terrorists doing a dry run.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2007, 09:59:19 AM »

Are going to assume the government tends to agree with me.  They paid my cousin $100 for his clothes because he was by the explosion.  There is no reason not to believe that the terrorists had something to do this.

So, the fact that NYC paid your cousin $100 for his possibly asbestos-contaminated clothes leads you to the conclusion that this might have been a terrorist dry run...
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2007, 10:08:44 AM »

If the Patriot Act were stronger, we could protect America from pipe bursts.

And the Anti-Gay Marriage laws, obviously.
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2007, 11:09:06 AM »

So, the fact that NYC paid your cousin $100 for his possibly asbestos-contaminated clothes leads you to the conclusion that this might have been a terrorist dry run...
Sounds more like a typical government conspiracy to me. Blow up the Grand Central Station and give everyone around the station at the time of the explosion money to remain silent about the strange incident. DWDL could be implying that NYC is secretly cooperating with terrorists, which would certainly go along with his hysterical anti-liberal diatribes. He might have merely invented this "cousin" who had very conveniently been around when the explosion happened in a pathetic attempt to justify his "omg terrorism~!!1!1" paranoia. Or maybe this "cousin" of his is actually an Islamic terrorist who assisted in the bombing scheme; the government obviously needed to pay him to keep quiet, which it apparently did. The possibilities are endless!
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2007, 11:44:03 AM »

If you actually read this thread, you would find that there is no reason to believe that the terrorists had something to do with this.  This is quite possibly the most cut-and-dry non-terrorist action in a long time.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2007, 01:44:59 PM »

If you actually read this thread, you would find that there is no reason to believe that the terrorists had something to do with this.  This is quite possibly the most cut-and-dry non-terrorist action in a long time.

You don't think the government would try to hush something like this up if they could pass it off as nothing, I believe that is certainly possible.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2007, 01:54:06 PM »

You don't think the government would try to hush something like this up if they could pass it off as nothing, I believe that is certainly possible.

If you haven't noticed, the current administration has fired of terror alert after terror alert at the drop of a hat.  The fact that we haven't seen one for this one indicates that even the trigger-happy alert level changers didn't think that this was anything.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2007, 02:06:07 PM »

If you haven't noticed, the current administration has fired of terror alert after terror alert at the drop of a hat.  The fact that we haven't seen one for this one indicates that even the trigger-happy alert level changers didn't think that this was anything.

Or they don't want to set off red flags and let the terrorists know they are on to them
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2007, 02:08:12 PM »

Good lord.

Not only do you drink the coolade - you take some home in a thermus.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2007, 02:42:34 PM »

Or they don't want to set off red flags and let the terrorists know they are on to them

Yeah, kind of like all the other times that they didn't raise the terror alert level because they suspected something might happen?

Here's a question: what about this makes you think this was caused by terrorists?  Is there anything to lead someone to that conclusion?  Your whole argument revolves around the flat-out assumption that this is a government cover-up with absolutely no evidence supporting it.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2007, 03:31:08 PM »

Did you hear about the terrorist power outage in San Francisco a couple of days ago? A whole bunch of web sites went down. Damn terrorists.  Well, let's see what that patriot, Bill O'Reilly has to say about terrorist attacks in San Francisco.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2007, 03:37:28 PM »

Yeah, kind of like all the other times that they didn't raise the terror alert level because they suspected something might happen?

Here's a question: what about this makes you think this was caused by terrorists?  Is there anything to lead someone to that conclusion?  Your whole argument revolves around the flat-out assumption that this is a government cover-up with absolutely no evidence supporting it.

The fact they wanted to buy my cousin's clothes (which is a true story I will find a link to that situation if anyone requests), makes me believe the government feels more than an explosion happened
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2007, 03:48:27 PM »

The fact they wanted to buy my cousin's clothes (which is a true story I will find a link to that situation if anyone requests), makes me believe the government feels more than an explosion happened

...why?  If the explosion sprayed stuff like asbestos or something, it'd probably be good for someone not to talk around with clothes covered in that stuff.

Honestly, do you understand the concept behind Occam's Razor?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies