SurveyUSA: Coleman ahead of Franken and Ciresi by 7% and 6%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:23:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  SurveyUSA: Coleman ahead of Franken and Ciresi by 7% and 6%
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: SurveyUSA: Coleman ahead of Franken and Ciresi by 7% and 6%  (Read 4321 times)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2007, 04:40:48 PM »

No, it just doesn't seem to fit with the poll at all...

I think the idea is that if Coleman is only 7% ahead of a candidate and below 50% this early into the election, and the season is favorable to the Democrats, it indicates a Democratic victory.

...especially when he was over 20% ahead a couple of months ago.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2007, 04:41:42 PM »

No, it just doesn't seem to fit with the poll at all...

I think the idea is that if Coleman is only 7% ahead of a candidate and below 50% this early into the election, and the season is favorable to the Democrats, it indicates a Democratic victory.

...especially when he was over 20% ahead a couple of months ago. Obviously something is wrong there.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2007, 01:17:32 PM »

I'd say, on balance, the Minnesota Senate seat is one of the better prospects for a Democratic pick-up in 2008. It's encouraging for both Ciresi and Franken that Coleman is polling below 50% and leading by only 6 or 7, compared with 25% back in May

Dave
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2007, 09:45:46 PM »

I'd want to see the look on Phil's face when the election is called for Franken.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2007, 09:57:31 PM »

I'd want to see the look on Phil's face when the election is called for Franken.

Yeah, he will be in hysterics when The Onion calls the election for Franken.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2007, 10:17:13 PM »

Some pro-war group is running an ad thanking Coleman.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2007/8/2/134412/3475

With friends like that Coleman doesn't need any enemies.
Conan
conan

« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2007, 10:18:41 PM »

With these poll numbers now, unless something happens that can drastically alter the political landscape, Coleman has no where to go but down. I doubt he gets above 54% in another poll. Franken has a great chance at winning. It will be funny when he wins.

Also: Franken will be in the Hamptons this weekend for fundraisers. Maybe I will see him! Also, the Clintons, Howard Dean and Giuliani will be there.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2007, 10:34:54 PM »

Some pro-war group is running an ad thanking Coleman.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2007/8/2/134412/3475

With friends like that Coleman doesn't need any enemies.

Yeah, the DFL chair said he would've paid to run those ads, but instead they get ran with no costs to the DFL.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2007, 10:47:05 PM »

With these poll numbers now, unless something happens that can drastically alter the political landscape, Coleman has no where to go but down. I doubt he gets above 54% in another poll. Franken has a great chance at winning. It will be funny when he wins.

Also: Franken will be in the Hamptons this weekend for fundraisers. Maybe I will see him! Also, the Clintons, Howard Dean and Giuliani will be there.

Franken won't break 48%
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2007, 11:59:17 PM »

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FQK4eGTq0v0

As stated above, some GOP PAC decided to do the DFL's advertising for it.
Conan
conan

« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2007, 02:56:52 AM »

Franken won't break 48%
Of course he won't.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2007, 03:58:32 PM »

BRTD said that there won't be a primary so, unfortunately, you won't be able to see an expression from me because of an election result. I'll have one hell of a thrilled look on my face when he wins the convention though!

This isn't some Casey vs. Santorum race. You won't be able to laugh at me after this one. Coleman will beat Franken and I'll love every minute of it.
Conan
conan

« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2007, 12:56:33 AM »

BRTD said that there won't be a primary so, unfortunately, you won't be able to see an expression from me because of an election result. I'll have one hell of a thrilled look on my face when he wins the convention though!

This isn't some Casey vs. Santorum race. You won't be able to laugh at me after this one. Coleman will beat Franken and I'll love every minute of it.
Care to make any margin of victory ranges?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2007, 05:44:59 AM »

This far out? No. I'd guess at this point, though, that Coleman would beat Franken by about ten and Ciresi by about two but I don't make these definite predictions over a year before the election.
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2007, 07:47:18 AM »

This far out? No. I'd guess at this point, though, that Coleman would beat Franken by about ten and Ciresi by about two but I don't make these definite predictions over a year before the election.

Surely you can't think Coleman could beat Franken by 10%?  I assume you expect Minnesota to vote for the Democratic Presidential nominee in 2008?  Even if Franken does lose (which I admit is a possibility) he isn't going to lose by ten points.  I think he will at least manage to get over 45% of the vote.  I no predictions are meaningless now, but:

MINNESOTA SENATE -
Franken (D) 49%
Coleman (R) 48%

Ciresi (D) 51%
Coleman (R) 47%
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2007, 12:17:43 PM »

This is basically what a 10 point GOP victory in Minnesota would look like:

Does that look plausible?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2007, 06:13:07 PM »

Surely you can't think Coleman could beat Franken by 10%? 

Yes, I do.

This is basically what a 10 point GOP victory in Minnesota would look like:

Does that look plausible?

Against Franken who will surely put his foot in his mouth several times? Sure.
Conan
conan

« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2007, 06:38:01 PM »

I know but it's pretty safe to say if you're sure he's gonna win that you can say he can win 50-49 or 49-47 or something like that. What's the lowest Coleman's victory margin could be? .5%, 2%?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2007, 11:37:42 PM »

What's the lowest Coleman's victory margin could be? .5%, 2%?

Against Franken? Probably 2%.
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2007, 11:53:11 PM »

What's the lowest Coleman's victory margin could be? .5%, 2%?

Against Franken? Probably 2%.

I'd say 6 points.  Nearly everything Franken says is either funny, but an irreverent way that won't amuse most stoic Minnesotans, or boring and uninsightful. Franken better hope Norm Coleman gets a personality transplant and become the next Mark Kennedy.

Ciresi will get hit by Coleman for being a "greedy trial lawyer,' but Ciresi will have the financial resources to fight back. Franken, on the other hand, would be the joke that just keeps on giving for the GOP.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies