Rasmussen: Kucinich trails both Giuliani and Thompson
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:11:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  Rasmussen: Kucinich trails both Giuliani and Thompson
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rasmussen: Kucinich trails both Giuliani and Thompson  (Read 1668 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 31, 2007, 08:19:14 AM »

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Giuliani-R: 48%
Kucinich-D: 34%
Third Party: 13%
Undecided: 5%

Thompson-R: 43%
Kucinich-D: 34%
Third Party: 14%
Undecided: 9%

Kucinich attracts more support from women than from men, and leads among female voters by three points in the match-up with Thompson.

Almost 40% of all voters, including 40% of Democrats, don't know Congressman Kucinich well enough to have an opinion of him. Twenty-three percent (23%) view him favorably while 38% take the opposite view.

Giuliani is viewed favorably by 56%, Thompson by 46%.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 08:37:41 AM »

Interestingly he's doing slightly better than Ron Paul. (well, within the MoE)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2007, 08:46:09 AM »

I´m wondering why Kucinich is still an unknown figure to 40% of Democrats, with most of them able to watch him for 4 years now in numerous debates etc. ... Roll Eyes
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 08:55:56 AM »

I´m wondering why Kucinich is still an unknown figure to 40% of Democrats, with most of them able to watch him for 4 years now in numerous debates etc. ... Roll Eyes

Most voters don't watch the primary debates.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2007, 05:13:57 PM »

Kucinich is doing this well against Giuliani and Thompson? wtf?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2007, 05:15:40 PM »

Right now it's pretty much a D Vs. R map right now and fewer people knowing him.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2007, 05:19:55 PM »

Right now it's pretty much a D Vs. R map right now and fewer people knowing him.

Not Really. As an outsider it really doesn't look good for Giuliani if he can't break 50% in a poll against Kucinich before all the hates ad come in. (Thompson at least doesn't really have such high name recognition.)

I'd like to see a Mike Gravel poll.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2007, 05:21:51 PM »

Not Really. As an outsider it really doesn't look good for Giuliani if he can't break 50% in a poll against Kucinich before all the hates ad come in. (Thompson at least doesn't really have such high name recognition.)

I'd like to see a Mike Gravel poll.

I'd like to see a Gravel poll as well. I'm guessing he'll do worse than Kucinich (sadly).
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2007, 05:23:10 PM »

If I thought Kucinich could reasonably be expected to win in the general election, I would easily cast my primary vote for him.
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2007, 07:33:46 PM »

If I thought Kucinich could reasonably be expected to win in the general election, I would easily cast my primary vote for him.

Ew! No offense. I like Kucinich’s position on a few [VERY few] issues, and I greatly admire him for actually having the guts to do what pretty much all the Dems want to do in regards to impeachment, but the man is for reparations! And it’s dividing policies like that, coming from either side of the aisle, that I really think we need to move away from. What positions of his, exactly, appeal to you?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2007, 07:36:02 PM »

You need to control that far left trend that you've gone through over the past year.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2007, 07:37:19 PM »

I'm a  liberal person, and even I know Kucinich is pretty much crazy on a good deal of things. The fact Giuliani can't break 50% on him does not bode well in the slightest. 
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2007, 04:02:02 PM »

I am too.  Abolish affirmative action, give out reparations, and then call it even.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2007, 07:12:19 PM »

I am too.  Abolish affirmative action, give out reparations, and then call it even.

Oh come on...
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2007, 07:18:25 PM »

Oh come on...

I told this to a black person one time and he was dumbfounded, saying "but then we'd have to stop hollerin'!"
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2007, 01:06:18 AM »

Oh come on...

I told this to a black person one time and he was dumbfounded, saying "but then we'd have to stop hollerin'!"

Normal black people understand the idea of reparations for slavery is absurd. No living black person has been affected by slavery and the idea of slave reparations has nothing to do with affirmative action which is meant to protect minorities from discrimination in the work place (although I do disagree with how affirmative action is handled as well).
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2007, 01:12:51 AM »

Is this a sign of stregth for Kucinich or weakness for Giuliani.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2007, 01:14:39 AM »

Oh come on...

Normal black people understand the idea of reparations for slavery is absurd. No living black person has been affected by slavery and the idea of slave reparations has nothing to do with affirmative action which is meant to protect minorities from discrimination in the work place (although I do disagree with how affirmative action is handled as well).

Of course blacks are affected to this day by slavery!  By being released with no possessions, they were never able to accumulate much of any wealth, and whatever they got was always split between their children...slavery is the reason why blacks are so poor on average today.
poughies
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2007, 03:57:14 AM »

oh come on!

My family was dirt poor.... they were forced to live in squalor in Austria-Hungary, Russia, and Germany. In many cases (not all), they were discriminated against because they were jewish.... do u see me going back asking for reparations? It would be one thing if many of the people living in the US were responsible, but they aren't. Many of our great great great grandparents didn't even live in the US and came here through immigration boom in the late 19th and early 20th centuries (another topic).

Why should I pay for something that no one in my family has had any part of?

In many cases, there are much more concrete, verifiable, and correct reasons for why the african-american population has lower income and health.......
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2007, 10:26:27 AM »

Oh come on...

Of course blacks are affected to this day by slavery!  By being released with no possessions, they were never able to accumulate much of any wealth, and whatever they got was always split between their children...slavery is the reason why blacks are so poor on average today.

What about the Mongols? They've brough so much misery on the world during the 13th century I say we skin Mongolia for all the riches they've accumulated. And Iran, for the Persian conquests. And don't get me started on Macedonia!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies