Hillary Clinton and Arkansas
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:47:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Hillary Clinton and Arkansas
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Hillary Clinton and Arkansas  (Read 9223 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2007, 08:31:28 PM »

A Hillary win in Arkansas is not out of the question, especially if the Repiblican candidate is not a southerner.

If John Kerry can get 45% in the state only a year and a half into the Iraq war, only three years after 9/11 and versus an affable southerner, I think the wife of Bill Clinton will be competetive in Arkansas in 2008 as the country is still bogged down in Iraq.

Typical demoNcrat party member. Kerry did as well in Arkansas as he did because he had a great deal of appeal to Southern voters and the rural working class in general. Hitlery, Osama and Schlickwads will be lucky to poll as much as 10% in RED ARKANSAS!!!!!!!111111111111
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2007, 11:48:28 AM »

If she does the things necessary to win in Arkansas, will it hurt her elsewhere?  She hasn't lived in the state in 15 years.  She left the state to move to New York City of all places in order to run for Senator.  And if she tries to reinforce her southern credentials, doesn't it hurt her elsewhere?

The last time I checked, Hillary did not move to NYC Smiley  NY, yes, but not the City, not even that close - Chappaqua is a fairly distant suburb. Of course, it's close enough for her husband to commute to his office in Harlem. 
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2007, 12:45:02 PM »

She doesn't have the southern appeal that her husband did. I could see her maybe breaking 45% here.
auburntiger
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.61, S: 0.65

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2007, 09:28:20 AM »
« Edited: April 04, 2007, 09:30:17 AM by auburntiger »

Considering the state is right across the river from me, I don't think it's out of the question for her to win; however, a GOP southerner would take it against her. If we nominate Giuliani, it's open season.

northwest AR is GOP
the counties that border the MS river and SE AR are DEM
southwest AR sould go eitherway
Little Rock is about 55/45 Democrat

Interestingly enough, Bush won all four of AR's CD in 2004.
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2007, 12:38:21 PM »

Considering the state is right across the river from me, I don't think it's out of the question for her to win; however, a GOP southerner would take it against her. If we nominate Giuliani, it's open season.

northwest AR is GOP
the counties that border the MS river and SE AR are DEM
southwest AR sould go eitherway
Little Rock is about 55/45 Democrat

Interestingly enough, Bush won all four of AR's CD in 2004.

Only narrowly though.  Gore won AR-1 and AR-4 in 2000. 
RRB
Rookie

« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2007, 09:04:03 PM »

She would win Arkansas.  As in other parts of the country, she will draw in women and minorities who usually don't vote.  Just a few percentage points of that would give her a win.

I think overall, people are forgetting the power of drawing from this crowd that doesn't vote.  Most women, when they vote, vote Dem.  Almost all minorities vote Dem when they vote.  Clinton is popular with all of these groups and has the ability to energize them.

All of you conservative white guys are becoming outnumbered
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2007, 11:04:05 AM »

She would win Arkansas.  As in other parts of the country, she will draw in women and minorities who usually don't vote.  Just a few percentage points of that would give her a win.

I think overall, people are forgetting the power of drawing from this crowd that doesn't vote.  Most women, when they vote, vote Dem.  Almost all minorities vote Dem when they vote.  Clinton is popular with all of these groups and has the ability to energize them.

All of you conservative white guys are becoming outnumbered

Last time I checked there were more women voting then men. Plus a women who is conservative is not going to vote for Clinton because she is a women too. It don't work that way.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2007, 01:30:02 AM »
« Edited: June 23, 2007, 01:39:52 AM by Tender Branson »

Excerpts of an article about Hillary Clinton and Arkansas:

"Clinton returns today to the state where she was first lady for 12 years to headline a state Democratic Party fundraiser, this time as her party's front-runner for the White House and with a rock star-like celebrity status.

One benchmark of that status: A local sign store says Clinton paraphernalia is outselling that of former Gov. Mike Huckabee 20-to-1 even though Huckabee is a Republican presidential candidate who recently retired as governor after serving for 10 years.

Arkansans also buy 10 Clinton items for every one with fellow Democrat Barack Obama's name."

"Arkansas helped raise Hillary Clinton," said 2nd District Rep. Vic Snyder of Little Rock, one of three Democratic congressmen from the state who support her. 4th District Rep. Mike Ross of Gillett and 1st District Rep. Marion Berry of Prescott back her, too, as well as Sen. Mark Pryor and several other Arkansas officials who endorsed her Friday.

"She gave 12 years of her life as first lady of our state," Ross said. "I'm surprised that people would even ask who we're supporting."

"Several Arkansans said Clinton's mettle has been tested and she's shown herself to be strong and capable.

"They went through all of that personal stuff and she really held herself together," said Orville Edwards, a 74-year-old hardware store manager in Little Rock. "Can you imagine anyone else handling themselves in the same way?"

But Jan Crow, a 66-year-old office manager at the American Legion in downtown Little Rock, said she voted for Bill Clinton as governor once, but she won't ever vote for his wife."

http://www.nwaonline.net/articles/2007/06/22/news/062307arclinton.txt

All I want is a poll now Wink I would not be surprised if a poll showed her tied with Giuliani down there. The SUSA Missouri poll had Giuliani ahead of Clinton by 1%, combined with the Hillary-factor in AR, a tie should be possible. I´d say she would have a shot in AR next year.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2007, 01:45:19 AM »

Just found a poll from 2006 showing Hillary Clinton would beat Mike Huckabee 49%-36% in Arkansas, with 15% undecided.

That´s a strong showing, considering that Huckabee was still governor then ...

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006/8/25/221722.shtml
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2007, 06:03:17 PM »

Gosh that is a strong showing. 
sethm0

« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2007, 11:07:50 AM »

I feel more strongly that Hillary will be competitive in Arkansas. 48% at least, regardless of opponent. Probably over 50% if the Republican nominee is Guliani or Romney. Against McCain or Fred Thompson it would be a toss-up.
gorkay

« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2007, 05:28:15 PM »

She will be competitive in Arkansas, and has a chance in some of the more cosmopolitan southern states, such as Florida, Georgia, Virginia, and Missouri. Lingering ill will over Katrina could hurt the GOP in Louisiana, too. Her chances of actually winning any of those states has a lot to do with who the Republican nominee is. Her beating Giuliani or Romney in some of those states certainly isn't out of the question. She might have a tougher time against Thompson, though (although a Thompson nomination might virtually guarantee her wins in some states that she would have to fight harder for against a more moderate opponent).
Jeff from NC
Rookie

« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2007, 01:02:44 PM »

Let's keep in mind that that poll is from NewsMax, who think Hillary has already been nominated, elected, and is now planning to form a One World Government in alliance with the Pope and the Comintern.

I do however think it's telling that those Democratic congressmen endorsed Hillary.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2007, 01:21:59 PM »

Let's keep in mind that that poll is from NewsMax, who think Hillary has already been nominated, elected, and is now planning to form a One World Government in alliance with the Pope and the Comintern.

I do however think it's telling that those Democratic congressmen endorsed Hillary.

Nope. This poll was just released in "Newsmax", not conducted by them ... Wink

Though this poll is one year old and pits her against then incumbent AR governor Mike Huckabee I think she may have a chance against Giuliani but not against the other 3 Republicans.

Anyway: I´d still wait for a Mason-Dixon or Rasmussen poll out of Arkansas before I go too much into it.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies