Sensei for Governor?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:28:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Sensei for Governor?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sensei for Governor?  (Read 2261 times)
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 01, 2007, 11:59:36 AM »

I'm seriously thinking about running for Southeast Governor. I want to see how the decision would be received before I pull the trigger on the decision whether to run or not. So, what does everyone think?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 01:23:39 PM »

No offense but considering the makeup of the region, you would get hammered worse than you would in the senate race.  You really should consider moving somewhere else in all honesty. 
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 01:26:02 PM »

I don't see how the Lt. Governor of the Southeast has no shot of becoming Governor of the Southeast.  He seems pretty moderate.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 01:27:11 PM »

I don't see how the Lt. Governor of the Southeast has no shot of becoming Governor of the Southeast.  He seems pretty moderate.

Yes, but the Southeast is far from moderate, he had a hard time gaining the approval votes necessary to win last time.  In the Pacific however, he would be a splendid candiadte.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 01:32:08 PM »

Yes, but the Southeast is far from moderate, he had a hard time gaining the approval votes necessary to win last time.  In the Pacific however, he would be a splendid candiadte.

This coming from our most popular Senator! Tongue
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 01:43:44 PM »

Indeed! DWTL has little room to talk about electability! I say you go for it, Sensei!
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 01:49:24 PM »

Go for it. Who is our governor right now? I forget.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2007, 01:52:16 PM »

Go for it. Who is our governor right now? I forget.

Bono.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2007, 02:00:46 PM »

Indeed! DWTL has little room to talk about electability! I say you go for it, Sensei!
I am yet to lose, I lost once, won three times, that's a pretty good rate
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2007, 02:07:37 PM »

Generally, I have been ok with Bono as Governor, as he runs the elections on time and is ok to me politically.

However, I do wish he would be more active in Governmental affairs, like reinstituting a strong initiative process.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2007, 04:42:43 PM »

It's true that Bono gets elections open on time (except the last one, but he opened it in a sorta timely manner, anyway), but I want to continue the rich Southeastern tradition of initiatives.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2007, 05:33:45 PM »

I am yet to lose, I lost once, won three times, that's a pretty good rate
I believe its a reference to your current popularity, and was merely a counter to your want to discourage an empathic candidate.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2007, 08:40:00 PM »

some people might be right about the Southeast not being a particularly good region for a Liberal to run with any opposition to the right of him. How would it be received if I left my post 11 days before the election and ran for something in another, more liberal region?
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2007, 08:42:04 PM »

Unfortunately, Im not sure about how carpetbagging is viewed in Atlasia, the reason Im not running for anything this time around. If it could be proven that carpetbagging wouldnt hurt my chances, I suppose I may consider moving to find a new race as well.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2007, 08:43:41 PM »

that's what I was thinking. I usually frown on carpetbaggers, so becoming one isn't a move I'd make lightly.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2007, 10:24:35 PM »

You can move if you want to, but I would prefer to see more equal representation in the Regions generally.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2007, 04:29:56 PM »

I've decided that I'm going to run for Southeast Governor, and if I lose, I will move elsewhere to run for something else in a more liberal-friendly place.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2007, 04:32:48 PM »

I've decided that I'm going to run for Southeast Governor, and if I lose, I will move elsewhere to run for something else in a more liberal-friendly place.

I see you are following in my footsteps. Tongue
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2007, 04:33:54 PM »

The reason I haven't presented initiatives is because I honestly don't have any ideas. Well, I'd like to make a regional budget, but since our GM process has become a joke, that's impossible. If anyone has any ideas though, they're happy to either propose it themselves ot discuss them with me.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2007, 04:37:22 PM »

The reason I haven't presented initiatives is because I honestly don't have any ideas. Well, I'd like to make a regional budget, but since our GM process has become a joke, that's impossible. If anyone has any ideas though, they're happy to either propose it themselves ot discuss them with me.

Does your region have any income taxes? If so, I would propose you eliminate them and replace them with a property tax that would generate about the same amount of revenue.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2007, 04:42:54 PM »

Does your region have any income taxes? If so, I would propose you eliminate them and replace them with a property tax that would generate about the same amount of revenue.

But I can't know how much revenue we have or how much revenue would be generated, since the GM process is a joke.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2007, 04:45:34 PM »

If you lose the Southeast Governorship Sensei, where will you move to? Northeast anyone?
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2007, 04:52:03 PM »

If you lose the Southeast Governorship Sensei, where will you move to? Northeast anyone?

I'll probably move to Michigan or Minnesota or something like that.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2007, 05:32:31 PM »

Good luck!
You will of course have the full support of the PLP.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2007, 06:01:14 PM »

Good luck!
You will of course have the full support of the PLP.
It is appreciated, definitely
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies