Obama might send troops into Pakistan (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:51:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Obama might send troops into Pakistan (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama might send troops into Pakistan  (Read 5302 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: August 01, 2007, 12:18:26 PM »

You mean he wants to get the terrorists we're supposed to be going after? Shocked

COMMUNIST!!!
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 03:10:43 PM »

Obama's all for sending troops we don't have available at the moment into Pakistan and Sudan.  No wonder he wants us out of Iraq, he doesn't want to bring the troops home so we can rebuild our overstrained Army, he just wants to send them elsewhere.  Seriously though, as disappointing as Musharraf has been, do we really want to risk toppling him and having Pakistan's A-Bomb fall into the hands of Osama?  You'd think Obama would have learned from Bush the idiocy of throwing our military power around without any thought for the consequences.

Yeah, but we need an army to protect those nukes...and even if Pakistan is off the table, we need to send almost all of the troops we have in Iraq into Afghanistan.  I don't think Musharrif would mind us if we went in through Afghanistan to defeat the terrorists who are plotting to overthrow him and steal his nukes.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 07:23:59 PM »

At least he's attempting to show a spine.  That's worth some credit. 

I really hate political codewords such as "spine" when they're used to describe actual policy. When fighting terrorism, there is no such thing as having a spine, or lack thereof. It's all about making smart or dumb decisions. Firing a cruise missile into a Sudanese 'weapons factory' may have taken a spine, but in the end it hurt us. Invading Iraq may have taken a 'spine,' but the net result will perhaps be irreparable damage to this country. If not handled properly, invading Pakistan could have a similar effect.

My comment was in reference to the debate between him and Killary about him being weak on national security.

You actually think unfair ad hominem attacks will work against Clinton? She's not even president yet and there is already this irrational hatred of Hillary.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 08:50:41 PM »

You actually think unfair ad hominem attacks will work against Clinton? She's not even president yet and there is already this irrational hatred of Hillary.

There's been a hatred of Killary back when she was just Bills wife, so I'm not too sure what you are getting at.  If you are referring to my "Killary" . . . well, you're just going to have to get use to it, since I've been using it on here and in real life for years.  I'm sorry if you've just noticed it.

Also, remember how bad "anyone but X" campaigns do.

Anyways, we have to do something to keep Musharrif in power...keep this pillar up.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 11:36:19 PM »

Also, remember how bad "anyone but X" campaigns do.

Anyways, we have to do something to keep Musharrif in power...keep this pillar up.

It's unfortunate that Obama made this comment.  Like I said, he does get some credit for trying to show a spine on foreign policy issues, but he's just weakened Musharrif's authority with this comment, even though he is not in a position to order troops to Pakistan as a Senator.  I'm glad to see most of the Presidential Candidates come out and denouce Obama's comments. 

Will this cause Obama to collapse?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies