National Weekly Atlasian District 2 Senatorial Debate Questions Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:45:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  National Weekly Atlasian District 2 Senatorial Debate Questions Thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: National Weekly Atlasian District 2 Senatorial Debate Questions Thread  (Read 2110 times)
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 01, 2007, 09:45:17 PM »
« edited: August 02, 2007, 11:42:11 AM by Lt. Gov. South Park Conservative »

Hello, this is SPC. This is the thread to ask questions for the upcoming District 2 Senatorial debate, sponsered by the National Weekly Atlasian. Senator DWTL, Mr. Moderate, AndrewCT, and Ernest have confirmed they are attending. Here are a couple elements I want to get out right here:

1. The debate is scheduled to happen on August 5, at 8:00 PM PDT, in Philladelphia, PA. The debate will last up to two days.
2. A co-moderator would be appreciated. It will be hard to run a two-day long, four-candidate debate by myself.
3. Please submit a question for the debate in this thread. Questions will be selected by the moderator(s).
4. Any Atlasian citizen, except the District 2 candidates, may submit a question.

Thank you for your appreciation

SPC
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 09:50:25 PM »

If elected, how will you further the interests of the district in an effective manner?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 08:48:13 AM »

If elected, how will you further the interests of the district in an effective manner?
Thanks for question Bullmoose, I would like to start by saying that the most important part of representing a district is listening to what people want and proposing bills if they ask.  I've sponsored bills like True Dems Atlasia Committee Bill because I feel that just because a person is not in the senate does not mean that they cannot be active in our process.  Did I think it was the greatest bill?  Of course not, but I felt I could do something for a citizen who could not it for themselves.  I have sponsored amendments for people if they propose them by simply copying and pasting.

I also will continue with forum affairs reform that makes things easier for people to understand Atlasia.  We do not want Atlasia to turn into a burecratic nation, and things like the Fairness to the Voter and Fairness to the Office Holder Amendment do things like that.   I had proposed a second Fairness to the Voter Amendment, but I have withdrawn it for the time after I did not like the wording of the bill because it allowed people to move between a general election and a runoff.

Again, as senator my office while remain open and will consider no valid request too small, and I will continue to be the most active and easily accessible senator.  I hope that answers your question.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 09:48:30 AM »

Thanks for question Bullmoose, I would like to start by saying that the most important part of representing a district is listening to what people want and proposing bills if they ask.  I've sponsored bills like True Dems Atlasia Committee Bill because I feel that just because a person is not in the senate does not mean that they cannot be active in our process.  Did I think it was the greatest bill?  Of course not, but I felt I could do something for a citizen who could not it for themselves.  I have sponsored amendments for people if they propose them by simply copying and pasting.

I also will continue with forum affairs reform that makes things easier for people to understand Atlasia.  We do not want Atlasia to turn into a burecratic nation, and things like the Fairness to the Voter and Fairness to the Office Holder Amendment do things like that.   I had proposed a second Fairness to the Voter Amendment, but I have withdrawn it for the time after I did not like the wording of the bill because it allowed people to move between a general election and a runoff.

Again, as senator my office while remain open and will consider no valid request too small, and I will continue to be the most active and easily accessible senator.  I hope that answers your question.

Uh, not to interrupt, but I think this thread is to solicit questions for the debate, and not for the actual debate itself.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2007, 10:22:50 AM »

Uh, not to interrupt, but I think this thread is to solicit questions for the debate, and not for the actual debate itself.

Correct. This is not the debate thread, this is just for people to ask questions for the debate. I encourage DWTL to read my post before typing, and to sav his answer for the actual debate. Tongue
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2007, 11:05:20 AM »

Correct. This is not the debate thread, this is just for people to ask questions for the debate. I encourage DWTL to read my post before typing, and to sav his answer for the actual debate. Tongue
My apoligies.  However, I really hope Naso makes a video for the debate to ask a question.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2007, 11:06:10 AM »

I also think it might be a good idea to finish the Republican debate and primary before do this
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2007, 11:09:00 AM »

What will be your relationship with the left and such groups as the Progressive Caucus and the ACLC if elected?
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2007, 11:14:11 AM »

I also think it might be a good idea to finish the Republican debate and primary before do this

Does it really matter, though? Haven't you both said you will run as an independent if you lose the primary?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2007, 11:15:21 AM »

Does it really matter, though? Haven't you both said you will run as an independent if you lose the primary?

It would depend on the primary totals, if it was a really close vote I would do it, if for some reason that does some realistic right now, which would be a blowout I would probably not run.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2007, 11:34:15 AM »

I will be participating
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2007, 11:41:30 AM »

Thank you.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2007, 12:42:53 PM »

SPC, I hope to be able to co-moderate if you still wish for some help.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2007, 12:54:07 PM »

SPC, I hope to be able to co-moderate if you still wish for some help.

Thank you for your appreciation. Smiley
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2007, 05:30:26 PM »

Atlasians, you only have two days left to submit a question for the District 2 candidates, so submit one ASAP. And remember, be creative. Smiley
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2007, 11:04:43 PM »

Remember to submit a question, everybody. The debate starts in 23 hours, and we only have two questions for the candidates. And remember, be creative. Wink
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2007, 11:07:47 PM »

Well, Im not from the district, but I am desperate to know:

What is your favorite kind of cheese?
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2007, 11:09:23 PM »

You don't have to be from the district to ask a question.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2007, 11:13:47 PM »

Awesome! Then my question is valid. ^__^
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2007, 11:21:54 PM »
« Edited: August 04, 2007, 11:24:27 PM by King-in-Law »

I'm not a D2 member, but I have three questions:

(1) This question is for Mr. Moderate and AndrewCT:  Unlike Ernest and DWTL, neither of you have been elected to public office in Atlasia before.*  How would you make up for this lack of inexperience? Do you believe it would be beneficial?

(2) This question is for Ernest, Mr. Moderate and AndrewCT: The current Senate is perhaps one of the most predicable in history.  It is usually Ebowed, Al, Rob, Lewis and Earl voting one way and DownWithTheLeft, PBrunsel, Brandon H, Keystone Phil and Sam Spade voting the other with whoever having the most on vacation losing control of the legislature, at least for that period of time.  What side would you likely vote on if elected or would you be a swing voter? If you think you would be a swing Senator, defend your answer with proof to show you aren't lying.

(3) This question is for DownWithTheLeft:  You tend to introduce a lot of legislation only to withdraw it which clutters up the Senate.  I consider this a problem. How do you plan to fix this high amount of error in your work?

* At least to my knowledge, correct me if I'm wrong--if I am, then instead of public office put "Senate."

NOTE FOR MODERATOR: Although all three of my questions were not directed at all the candidates, if one of the candidates not mentioned would like time for rebuttal I would also be interested to hear their side.  This especially applies to Question #1.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2007, 09:13:45 AM »

1]  This question for all candidates. What is your opinion on the seperation of church and state? Will you support the seperation of church and state and defend secularism?

2] Why are you running for this office? What are some of the things that you wish to accomplish? (all candidates)
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2007, 11:59:57 AM »

I'm going to take this time to answer the following questions that have recently been asked.

Well, Im not from the district, but I am desperate to know:

What is your favorite kind of cheese?

That is a good, and very tough question. One of my favorite questions though.  I'm a fan of Vermont, extra sharp cheddar, and a good Mozzarella cheese.  But I am a man of many cheeses, I will eat any and all.

I'm not a D2 member, but I have three questions:

(1) This question is for Mr. Moderate and AndrewCT:  Unlike Ernest and DWTL, neither of you have been elected to public office in Atlasia before.*  How would you make up for this lack of inexperience? Do you believe it would be beneficial?

Well, it is true, I am not, nor have ever been an elected official of Atlasia. But, now is the time for fresh blood, and new faces to elected office here. Sometimes, inexperience is what you need in order to bring big changes to politics. A new face has no friends, has no enemies. They do what is best for the people, and have not been corrupted by the system. That is why I plan on serving a maximum of two terms, if elected and re-elected. Than, to bring a new face in. Also, I have friends in Atlasia who have served in elected positions, who will hopefully guide me along this road.
You must be logged in to read this quote.

To be honest, I would pick the obvious side. I would pick the side of my district. As you can see in my posting past, I have disagreed with posters like BRTD, as well as our current Senator, DownWithTheLeft. I am a very independent minded person, and I believe it's shown. In real life, I ran for office on the terms that I would side with the city, and not the party. I narrowly lost by 300 out of over 7000 votes. I was than appointed Commissioner, where you can not allow partys to guide you, but only your own views, and what is best for the people. Again, I believe my posting record reflects an independent mind, that is best for our District, and the nation.

1]  This question for all candidates. What is your opinion on the seperation of church and state? Will you support the seperation of church and state and defend secularism?

That is a very difficult choice, but when it comes to my personal opinion, I believe that our seperation of Church and State needs to be strong. In order for them to ever come together, you would need to include all, which would than not only be a strain on the system, but it would become a strain on our tax dollars.
You must be logged in to read this quote.

One of the reasons I am running for office is to bring a fair representation to the people of our district, as well as to all the people of Atlasia.  My main goal is to work on bringing a fair, and equal Senate together, and listen to every suggestion that our members bring me, and decide what is best for all of us, rather than a party.

SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2007, 12:49:53 PM »

You might want to save your answers for the actual debate, AndrewCT. But, I suppose it is good practice.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2007, 01:08:31 PM »

Yeah, my bad. I like to answer things asap. It's something I've learned over the years. Sitting on questions is just a better way to lie about them.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2007, 02:44:34 PM »

Sitting on questions is just a better way to lie about them.

You are a true politician with that kind of answer, Andrew. Wink
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies