District 2 Republican Primary Debate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:00:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  District 2 Republican Primary Debate
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: District 2 Republican Primary Debate  (Read 716 times)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 02, 2007, 08:56:46 AM »

In this thread I invite my opponent, AndrewCT, to a debate.  The debate shall consist of any member of the Republican Party posing a question to the candidates.  The current members of the Republican Party are:

AndrewCT, DWTL, FezzyFestoon, Frodo, Gporter, Inks, Jake, John Engle, Joel, Josh22, Kevin, Keystone Phil, PBrunsel, Rawlings, Rin-chan, WildCard, TN2024, Winfield
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 09:07:49 AM »

Sounds good to me.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 09:18:31 AM »

I will start it off by proposing a question to my opponent, AndrewCT, why did you support TrueDem over Republican Keystone Phil in the Northeast Senate Election? 
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 10:04:05 AM »

I will give one reason to why I voted/supported True Dem over Phil.

Because it's my right as a citizen for who I personally felt was the right person for the office. Just because I'm a Republican, doesn't mean I always need to vote Republican.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2007, 12:05:11 PM »

I in return, have a question for the Senator.

Senator, back in the start of July, you said this in your "campaign kickoff"

I will be issuing another speech:

Conservatives and others alike, it is a time now for our country to unite.  Just a week or so ago, Fmr. Sen. TN2024 shared this vision and we had agreed to put differences aside because as he said, "One more election like that and we are through".  However, he has lost being loyal to that cause but I have not.  I am here for anyone to contact with concerns, however, I will continue to support conservatives and conservative legislation in the senate.  If TN2024 has become a liberal, there is nothing I can do in my power to stop that.  However, I am asking for your support now more than ever.

Thank you,
Sen. DownWithTheLeft (R-NJ)

I for one believe in not supporting the consverative agenda, nor the liberal agenda for that matter. I will support the agenda that is best for the people of this district. Will you do the same, or have we read correctly in a previous statement that you will only support one side of legislation.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2007, 12:34:03 PM »

I in return, have a question for the Senator.

Senator, back in the start of July, you said this in your "campaign kickoff"

I will be issuing another speech:

Conservatives and others alike, it is a time now for our country to unite.  Just a week or so ago, Fmr. Sen. TN2024 shared this vision and we had agreed to put differences aside because as he said, "One more election like that and we are through".  However, he has lost being loyal to that cause but I have not.  I am here for anyone to contact with concerns, however, I will continue to support conservatives and conservative legislation in the senate.  If TN2024 has become a liberal, there is nothing I can do in my power to stop that.  However, I am asking for your support now more than ever.

Thank you,
Sen. DownWithTheLeft (R-NJ)

I for one believe in not supporting the consverative agenda, nor the liberal agenda for that matter. I will support the agenda that is best for the people of this district. Will you do the same, or have we read correctly in a previous statement that you will only support one side of legislation.

My conservative positions with the libertarian streak will still be held true in my votes.  However, I also keep the district in mind with my votes.  A lot of votes are for forum affairs, things that know no left and right.  However, it is impossible to appease all of the voters as a particular district, so as I always I ask for comments on how people want me to vote on my legislation.  If there is an overwhelming approval or disapproval from the district I will vote that way, however, if no one in the district is expressing one way or the other I will make the choice for myself.  It is impossible for a senator not to have a personal set of beliefs, and my beliefs happen to be conservative for the most part.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies