CARLHAYDEN vs. WalterMitty
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:29:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  CARLHAYDEN vs. WalterMitty
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: CARLHAYDEN vs. WalterMitty  (Read 3290 times)
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2007, 03:09:17 AM »

I would hope the country would vote for someone who isn't an open xenophobe and gun-toting redneck.

BRTD, your "WALTERMITTY SUCKS AND IS OUT OF TOUCH" theme is unbelievably annoying.  Either join the Libertarian party or go back to caring about strip clubs.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2007, 12:23:28 PM »

I would hope the country would vote for someone who isn't an open xenophobe and gun-toting redneck.

BRTD, your "WALTERMITTY SUCKS AND IS OUT OF TOUCH" theme is unbelievably annoying.  Either join the Libertarian party or go back to caring about strip clubs.

I'm just stating facts. Do you really think Montana would vote for someone who advocates gun confiscation? If opposing gun confiscation makes someone a Libertarian, then just about the entire country is. Do you think the Libertarians like my economic views?

I wouldn't vote for either in this election anyway. Walter has some good views but those are canceled out by his incredibly horrible ones and CARL is just a complete whackjob. This actually would be a good election for a centrist third party candidate to make a win.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2007, 02:57:50 AM »

I'm just stating facts. Do you really think Montana would vote for someone who advocates gun confiscation?

I don't give a sh**t.  All I'm saying is that the major theme of your posts lately is how much WalterMitty sucks, and finding as many opportunities as possible to expand upon this theme.  His views are horrible, his gun opinions are just wrong, no one would vote for him, he sucks, blah blah blah.

I wouldn't vote for either in this election anyway. Walter has some good views but those are canceled out by his incredibly horrible ones and CARL is just a complete whackjob.

You actually care more about the right to own a handgun than universal healthcare?  Jesus Christ.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2007, 11:59:50 PM »
« Edited: August 08, 2007, 12:07:28 AM by got a friend, her name is boxcar... »

I'm just stating facts. Do you really think Montana would vote for someone who advocates gun confiscation?

I don't give a sh**t.  All I'm saying is that the major theme of your posts lately is how much WalterMitty sucks, and finding as many opportunities as possible to expand upon this theme.  His views are horrible, his gun opinions are just wrong, no one would vote for him, he sucks, blah blah blah.

Well even he's admitted that he's not the most electable person.

Honestly my gripe with him really began with his horrible election predictions, not really that he was so far off, but that he actually mocked people for believing Santorum would lose, etc. You can't do something like that and expect to get no crap. No to mention his logic in most cases was, quite simply, retarded.

I thought you were against gun control anyway? You said you agreed with the NRA in their opposition to a proposed bill that would ban people on terror suspect lists from buying guns.

I wouldn't vote for either in this election anyway. Walter has some good views but those are canceled out by his incredibly horrible ones and CARL is just a complete whackjob.

You actually care more about the right to own a handgun than universal healthcare?  Jesus Christ.

That's not the reason. Gun control will never affect my vote. I voted for candidates last November with NRA ratings ranging from F to A. Plus Walter would be lucky to get 100 votes in the House and 20 in the Senate for his gun control proposals anyway.

My biggest issue with Walter is his extreme hostility toward labor. He said as President he'd try to bust and shut down as many unions as possible. Plus his foreign policy closely mirrors Bush's and overall he is an extreme nanny-statist.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2007, 03:23:31 AM »

Yeah, but why do you have to harp on it constantly?

No to mention his logic in most cases was, quite simply, retarded.

You can't say that he was always being completely serious.  We're all guilty of overstating our case on any given issue for kicks and giggles.  I do it all the time.

I thought you were against gun control anyway? You said you agreed with the NRA in their opposition to a proposed bill that would ban people on terror suspect lists from buying guns.

I don't support gun control, although your vociferous opposition to it and adoption of redneck talking points in defending your view literally makes me ill.  And I oppose any political proposal designed to curb terrorism, generally speaking.  At least anything to do with "suspects."  I've never heard a more ridiculous idea than coming up with a list of people and prohibiting them from flying, buying a gun, etc., just because they pissed off the government in one way or another (whether it be by fighting in the military and acquiring PTSD, or marching in an anti-war demonstration).
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2007, 12:24:25 PM »

Yeah, but why do you have to harp on it constantly?

I only do it in threads where he's a candidate, like here. All I'm doing anyway is correcting people who have maps that have him winning states that would never in a million years vote for anyone who advocates gun confiscation.

No to mention his logic in most cases was, quite simply, retarded.

You can't say that he was always being completely serious.  We're all guilty of overstating our case on any given issue for kicks and giggles.  I do it all the time.

I don't think that was the case here. Otherwise he wouldn't have openly mocked people for predicting Santorum to lose, saying anyone with such a prediction was engaged in wishful thinking and delusion, etc. And I'm never going to give him a break for it. His elections predictions were F**KING TERRIBLE.

I don't support gun control, although your vociferous opposition to it and adoption of redneck talking points in defending your view literally makes me ill.  And I oppose any political proposal designed to curb terrorism, generally speaking.  At least anything to do with "suspects."  I've never heard a more ridiculous idea than coming up with a list of people and prohibiting them from flying, buying a gun, etc., just because they pissed off the government in one way or another (whether it be by fighting in the military and acquiring PTSD, or marching in an anti-war demonstration).

What the hell are redneck talking points? I don't think gun control reduces crime. I think it only loses Democrats elections, hence it's a waste of time and thus have grown to hate the gun control lobby. I don't own any guns and don't plan on it, but I still think it's a very very stupid policy and Walter is living in a utopian dream world if he thinks we can pass a handgun ban and all guns will magically disappear off the streets. What's wrong with that?

This election is actually between two people who have greatly affected my views on issues with their retarded and idiotic arguments. CARL turned me from generally neutral on immigration to supporting and full and unconditional amnesty for all illegal immigrants, and Walter turned me from being generally neutral on gun control to being against.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2007, 09:58:44 PM »

Carl 308
Walter 230

Most suburban areas outside the south swinging strongly towards the GOP, especially with some of the wealthier ones.  However, the cities themselves cling on to the Democratic ticket, for the most part.  Most rural areas vote overwhelmingly for Carl.  Utah, Nebraska, and Kansas, cling onto the GOP chiefly because of partisan loyalty.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2007, 11:18:02 PM »

I'd gladly vote for Mitty.
Governor PiT
Robert Stark
Palestinian Territory, Occupied