State by State Fund Raising Maps (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:20:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  State by State Fund Raising Maps (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: State by State Fund Raising Maps  (Read 2228 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: August 08, 2007, 09:02:56 PM »

Nice work, sethm0.  I observed that all except Giuliani leads in his/her home state.  When segregated by party affiliation, all lead in his/her home state.  And in particular, Huckabee, Biden, Tompson, Brownback, Dodd, and Richardson only lead in their home states.  I don't know what that might mean, except that polling data and fundraising trends seem to tell the same story.  Money talks.  I guess the only surprise, for me, was that Clinton is ahead of Obama in big donations in California.  I always read in TIME about how the hollywood set just loves the B-man.  Maybe the C-word does well enough in the northern half of the state to compensate.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 09:11:15 PM »

Clinton's lead (amongst all donations) is hardly impressive...only about 200k in a state where both candidates have raised over $8m.

Of money raised for Democrats in CA:
Clinton: 38.0%
Obama: 37.1%
Edwards: 14.6%
Richardson: 6.1%

ah, thanks for the clarification.  still, a lead's a lead.  I'd still venture a guess that if you had a good breakdown with comparisons for the two major populated pieces of that largely empty state, my guess is that you'd find LA/Orange/Riverside/SanBernadino/Ventura county donors giving their hard-won cash to Obama and SF/SanMateo/Alameda/SantaClara/Marin counties giving theirs to clinton.  That's just my BS estimate, I admit.  Or a hunch.  Anyone have that data on the ready?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies