PA 6 - Melissa Fitzgerald is not running.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:16:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA 6 - Melissa Fitzgerald is not running.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PA 6 - Melissa Fitzgerald is not running.  (Read 1830 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 16, 2007, 12:29:14 PM »

Can't reveal how I know but I do know for a fact that she isn't running. For those that don't knew her, she is an actress from The West Wing.

One less potential candidate for Gerlach = good news.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 01:47:42 PM »

Gerlach would have kicked the living **** out of her anyways.
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 01:55:54 PM »

"Senator Dinniman, Rep. Van Hollen is on line one..."

TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 06:13:42 PM »

Well, I'd hate to give up a Senate seat which would lean GOP, BUT we have little shot of taking the PA Senate anyway so I think Mr. Van Hollen will call him.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 07:09:51 PM »

Well, I'd hate to give up a Senate seat which would lean GOP, BUT we have little shot of taking the PA Senate anyway so I think Mr. Van Hollen will call him.

I think the Democrats best hope of eventually taking the PA Senate is to hope that the Collar Counties around Philadelphia become less Republican on the local level...which is happening, but only very slowly.
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2007, 12:56:21 PM »

I think the Democrats best hope of eventually taking the PA Senate is to hope that the Collar Counties around Philadelphia become less Republican on the local level...which is happening, but only very slowly.

So I should expect a headline like this: "Democrats sweep 2038 midterms; PA Dems within one seat in State Senate."
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2007, 03:27:41 PM »

So I should expect a headline like this: "Democrats sweep 2038 midterms; PA Dems within one seat in State Senate."

Haha, basically. I know the Dems will take one Senate seat next year out west (a seat they lost in 2004 that they never should have lost anyway) but we can live with a 28-22 majority.  Smiley
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2007, 07:16:30 PM »

Haha, basically. I know the Dems will take one Senate seat next year out west (a seat they lost in 2004 that they never should have lost anyway) but we can live with a 28-22 majority.  Smiley

Im betting that they gain one in the PA House too.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2007, 07:57:58 PM »

Sure, they'll gain a few seats but the GOP is going to have a net gain.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2007, 08:11:03 PM »

Sure, they'll gain a few seats but the GOP is going to have a net gain.

Why do you say that?  What Democrats will retire?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2007, 08:16:05 PM »

I don't know of any Dems retiring...yet. However, some first term Dems are going to be vulnerable.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2007, 08:21:13 PM »
« Edited: August 19, 2007, 08:23:45 PM by Mr.Phips »

I don't know of any Dems retiring...yet. However, some first term Dems are going to be vulnerable.

Looking at the map, there are a lot of Republicans in increasingly Dem leaning areas like Bucks county, Chester county and the Lehigh Valley that are not going to be able to hold on forever.  Odds favor a Democratic House and eventually a Democratic Senate in PA.  On the other hand, most of the seats that Democrats picked up were in areas that are trending increasingly their way.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2007, 08:30:38 PM »

Looking at the map, there are a lot of Republicans in increasingly Dem leaning areas like Bucks county, Chester county and the Lehigh Valley that are not going to be able to hold on forever.  Odds favor a Democratic House and eventually a Democratic Senate in PA.  On the other hand, most of the seats that Democrats picked up were in areas that are trending increasingly their way.

The GOP can't hold on to those SE PA seats forever but that doesn't mean the Dems will be guaranteed to pick them up. Also, the GOP will take some of the seats out west. We'll have to wait and see.

Your comment about the Dems eventually winning the Senate is true. Of course it will happen at some point but not in the forseeable future. The GOP has a good hold on the most vulnerable seats.

The seats the Dems have picked up are not going their way, at least not the seats out west.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2007, 08:31:38 PM »

The GOP can't hold on to those SE PA seats forever but that doesn't mean the Dems will be guaranteed to pick them up. Also, the GOP will take some of the seats out west. We'll have to wait and see.

Your comment about the Dems eventually winning the Senate is true. Of course it will happen at some point but not in the forseeable future. The GOP has a good hold on the most vulnerable seats.

The seats the Dems have picked up are not going their way, at least not the seats out west.

Maybe not the ones in the west, but the ones in the east sure are.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2007, 08:38:25 PM »

Trending their way in the east? Sure. There's no denying that. However, that doesn't mean that those seats are safe pickups for the Dems just as the ones out west aren't sure gains for the GOP.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2007, 08:42:10 PM »

Trending their way in the east? Sure. There's no denying that. However, that doesn't mean that those seats are safe pickups for the Dems just as the ones out west aren't sure gains for the GOP.

Im just saying that the changes in seats will probably benefit Democrats more than Republicans in the state.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies