Giuliani's daughter supports Obama
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:56:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Giuliani's daughter supports Obama
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Giuliani's daughter supports Obama  (Read 4030 times)
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2007, 07:38:30 PM »

Does jfern frequently cyberstalk celebrities' kids?
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2007, 07:56:28 PM »

jfern is the kinda absolutely shameless hack who gives decent hacks a bad name.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2007, 08:11:28 PM »

Just to run a bit of a test, armed only with the information given in the screen shot, I was able to easily locate Miss Caroline on facebook and could now harass her, if I wanted to.  I am sure that the hacks who are behind this probably don't give a sh**t about an 18 year olds privacy, though.  Why not just give out her bra size and class schedule as well?

Assholes
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2007, 08:21:28 PM »

Just to run a bit of a test, armed only with the information given in the screen shot, I was able to easily locate Miss Caroline on facebook and could now harass her, if I wanted to.  I am sure that the hacks who are behind this probably don't give a sh**t about an 18 year olds privacy, though.  Why not just give out her bra size and class schedule as well?

Assholes

Big deal. In under a minute, I found Cate Edwards' facebook page.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2007, 08:29:33 PM »

Assholes

Big deal. In under a minute, I found Cate Edwards' facebook page.

Conan
conan

« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2007, 08:48:05 PM »

Wow.. some of the republicans are too offended by this. Giuliani's daughter not voting for, supporting Barack, and publicly acknowledging this isn't just a "who cares, she has the right".  While it is pretty douche of Slate to out her and invade her privacy, she obviously doesn't like her father.

For one thing, in any family, a child would most likely support their parent even if they were of opposite ideologies. If my dad was John McCain, I'd support and campaign for him.

As for Cheney's daughter, this has nothing to do with her. No one pretends to be concerned for her. She is a lesbian who's happily supporting her dad, who takes positions that dampens her. Dems are only concerned about the discrimination against people here.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2007, 08:49:43 PM »

If famous people don't want people looking at a Facebook page of theirs, they shouldn't have one, or at least not one in their real name. Duh.

As Conan said, the point is that Giuliani is on suffiently bad terms with his children that they seem to be supporting his opponents.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2007, 08:56:07 PM »

Ron Reagan was a liberal who was against his father's policies.

I'm pretty sure his sister Patti is of a liberal persuasion too. Their half-siblings, Maureen and Michael, however, were/are more to their father politically

Dave
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2007, 08:59:29 PM »
« Edited: August 06, 2007, 09:02:11 PM by ○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└ »

I'm pretty sure his sister Patti is of a liberal persuasion too. Their half-siblings, Maureen and Michael, however, were/are more to their father politically

Dave

From what I hear, Ronald and Patti get along better with their mother than Michael. Michael was adopted, so I don't know how that affects that.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2007, 09:05:10 PM »

Dave

From what I hear, Ronald and Patti get along better with their mother than Michael. Michael was adopted, so I don't know how that affects that.

I just recall Michael Reagan saying that he and Maureen, from Reagan's marriage to Jane Wyman, were conservative while Reagan and Nancy's two were liberal

Was Jane Wyman supportive of Reagan politically, do you know?

Dave
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2007, 09:18:35 PM »

If famous people don't want people looking at a Facebook page of theirs, they shouldn't have one, or at least not one in their real name. Duh.

As Conan said, the point is that Giuliani is on suffiently bad terms with his children that they seem to be supporting his opponents.

They aren't "famous people" they are kids.  But I guess you are right, they have famous parents, so ergo, we should do everything in our power to assure that they don't live normal lives.

Did you not think, perhaps, that the fact that she didn't include her full last name might be indication of the fact that she just wants to be left alone?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2007, 09:28:59 PM »

They aren't "famous people" they are kids.  But I guess you are right, they have famous parents, so ergo, we should do everything in our power to assure that they don't live normal lives.

Did you not think, perhaps, that the fact that she didn't include her full last name might be indication of the fact that she just wants to be left alone?

That was Slate that didn't include her last name, or did she choose a fake last name? In any case, you Republicans complaining about this are hypocrites if you support Bush's wiretapping.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2007, 10:56:27 PM »

"Caroline left the Barack Obama group at 6:01am"

$10 says she got a morning wakeup call from Dad and he was pissed.

She looks nice. Smiley

Facebook always lags about 4 hours behind, I know from expirience.  Anyway, this doesn't surprise me.  They are just like the ungreatful Reagan children who "love their father so much" now.

What, children aren't allowed to disagree with their parents' politics?
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2007, 11:19:22 PM »

Are you not familiar with the entire purpose of MySpace?

If she wanted to be left alone, she wouldn't have put on her front page that she wanted "whatever she can get". Cheesy

It's to announce yourself to the world and for people of similar interests or seeking friendship of sorts to contact you, or in Caroline's case, to look for "whatever she can get" or "random play". The list of Obama supporters on MySpace is a public list that people join voluntarily. I am fairly certain one can go look at it and find completely indescript people that are supporters.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2007, 02:08:04 AM »

Patti Reagan posed nude for Playboy, and Ron Reagan Jr. was an atheist whose ballet concerts were not attended by his parents.  Neither of them voted for Ronald Reagan in 1980.

But it's fair to talk about them because they made themselves famous intentionally.

I agree that otherwise, politician's children should be off limits.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2007, 03:29:55 AM »

That was Slate that didn't include her last name, or did she choose a fake last name? In any case, you Republicans complaining about this are hypocrites if you support Bush's wiretapping.

She goes by an alternate name, which I'm not gonna reveal, not because it would be that hard to look up, but because I'm not gonna add to this.

Your logic is flawless, BTW.

Because I support wiretaps on suspected terrorist, it, therefore, must be concluded that I shoudl support harassing an 18 year old girl who hasn't done anything?  Okay....
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2007, 03:31:58 AM »

If she wanted to be left alone, she wouldn't have put on her front page that she wanted "whatever she can get". Cheesy

It's to announce yourself to the world and for people of similar interests or seeking friendship of sorts to contact you, or in Caroline's case, to look for "whatever she can get" or "random play". The list of Obama supporters on MySpace is a public list that people join voluntarily. I am fairly certain one can go look at it and find completely indescript people that are supporters.

She just wants to be left alone by the media.  I thought that was implied in my comments.  Guess not.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2007, 03:34:47 AM »
« Edited: August 07, 2007, 03:39:09 AM by Pierre Cardinal LaCroix »

"Caroline left the Barack Obama group at 6:01am"

$10 says she got a morning wakeup call from Dad and he was pissed.

She looks nice. Smiley

Facebook always lags about 4 hours behind, I know from expirience.  Anyway, this doesn't surprise me.  They are just like the ungreatful Reagan children who "love their father so much" now.

What, children aren't allowed to disagree with their parents' politics?

Yes, they are, but Patti and Ron Jr. publically disagreed with their parents, in front of the media.  Quite different.

The Reagan children also made it clear that it was a almost a dislike, ir not disrespect.  Micheal was the only one of them who, after the age of 22 or so, commonly associated with his father.  The other two (not counting Maureen) pretty much just swopped in after Reagan had died to suck up all the oxygen.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2007, 03:43:13 AM »

Because I support wiretaps on suspected terrorist, it, therefore, must be concluded that I shoudl support harassing an 18 year old girl who hasn't done anything?  Okay....

Absolutely.  You have no credibility to be complaining about privacy violations.  "Suspected"?  What the hell is that supposed to mean?  You support throwing out the entire legal mechanisms to determine guilt if you support Bush's policies.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2007, 04:05:08 AM »

Absolutely.  You have no credibility to be complaining about privacy violations.  "Suspected"?  What the hell is that supposed to mean?  You support throwing out the entire legal mechanisms to determine guilt if you support Bush's policies.

Except there is considerable precident for monitoring people suspected of being enemies of the state.

There is also considerable precident for violating the privacy of a 18 year old girl because she has a famous father, but that is usually done by the paparazzi, not the Federal Government.
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2007, 07:02:53 AM »
« Edited: August 07, 2007, 07:23:41 AM by StateBoiler »

She just wants to be left alone by the media.  I thought that was implied in my comments.  Guess not.

No it wasn't. And again, if she wanted to be left alone, she could've made her MySpace or Facebook page private to only other people that she wanted to see it (she would give them a password and that's how her friends could see her page).
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2007, 01:03:44 PM »

No it wasn't. And again, if she wanted to be left alone, she could've made her MySpace or Facebook page private to only other people that she wanted to see it (she would give them a password and that's how her friends could see her page).

Did you not consider the idea that it is entirely possible that it was one of her "friends" who "turned her in"?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2007, 01:05:19 PM »

Eh, she can endorse whoever she wants. 
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix