Asian Vote by State (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:26:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Asian Vote by State (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Asian Vote by State  (Read 5116 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: August 06, 2007, 03:58:42 PM »

They didn't, largely.  Asians, like latinos, are much less likely to register to vote in the USA than either anglo white or anglo black folks.  But their input is on the rise.  I have read that the number of votes cast by non-hispanic white people in 2004 compared to 2000 was something like 4% higher, wereas the increase among Asians was like 22%, and nearly 20% among hispanics.

The big difference isn't by state, buy by group.  In 2000 for example, chinese went heavily for Gore, something like 4-to-1, while Indians were split, showing a slight preferrece for Bush.

But there is state-by-state data if you want to dig.  Start here:  http://www.asiansvote.com/

Mostly you get it in bits and pieces, such as "...a Los Angeles Times poll of 3357 California voters found that 64 percent of Asian Americans voted for Kerry and 34 percent for Bush."  Or, "Bush carried about 44% of all Asian voters in Texas."  I haven't stumbled across an exhaustive table like this yet, and I have done a little searching in the past for one.  I'll post if I turn up anything comprehensive.

ping the poster formerly known as Realpolitik sometime.  He's a walking encyclopedia of political and demographic information it seems.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies