In case anyone still thinks Iraq was involved in 9/11.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:57:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  In case anyone still thinks Iraq was involved in 9/11.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: In case anyone still thinks Iraq was involved in 9/11.  (Read 3749 times)
David S
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 06, 2007, 04:10:57 PM »

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/august2007/050807Nothing.htm
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 04:16:24 PM »

Wow, in one single two-minute video we have Bush admitting both that Iraq didn't have WMDs and that Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11.

I'm not sure what to say.
Jaggerjack
Fabian_the_Fastman
Thailand

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -4.00

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 04:22:29 PM »

Wow, in one single two-minute video we have Bush admitting both that Iraq didn't have WMDs and that Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11.

Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 04:24:11 PM »

riceowl
riceowl315
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 04:45:16 PM »

eh. makes me like him more.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 04:46:48 PM »

That is actually quite an historic press conference to admit two key planks of the argument for going to war were..well...wrong.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2007, 04:47:42 PM »

Thanks to the so called media, 40% of Americans still think that Saddam was behind 9/11.
nlm
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2007, 04:50:02 PM »

Even when he's correcting himself Bush is still telling lies. "Nobody in this administration ever SUGGESTED that the attacks of September 11th were ordered by Iraq." My goodness, Bush must not listen to Dick Cheney very much. I wonder why Bush thinks such a large portion of the American population came to believe that Iraq was behind 9/11 - in fact I think there are still a few people hiding under rocks with their ears plugs saying "LALALALALA" over and over that still believe it. I've come to believe that this guy is simply unable to level with the American public about anything. What a waste of carbon Bush is.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2007, 04:50:47 PM »

Thanks to the so called media, 40% of Americans still think that Saddam was behind 9/11.

Worst part is many still will believe that even if you showed them that video. The media how a lot to answer for.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2007, 05:23:05 PM »

A pleasant surprise.  Refreshing to see him admit the mistake.  Still, he's making the case for pre-emption (aka, the "Bush Doctrine") even in light of the problems we're having in Iraq.  Ever intransigent.
nlm
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2007, 05:42:57 PM »

A pleasant surprise.  Refreshing to see him admit the mistake.  Still, he's making the case for pre-emption (aka, the "Bush Doctrine") even in light of the problems we're having in Iraq.  Ever intransigent.

I'm not sure I'd define having to wait 5 years to get a remotely straight anwser from the President of the United States, while he continue to spout BS regarding his administration misleading the public, pleasant - but to each their own.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2007, 05:55:04 PM »

I guess it is odd that we'd consider an admission of truth by a politician either surprising or pleasant, really.  I'll assume you're old enough to remember a time before the last two presidential administrations.  I am as well, but honestly it's hard to remember a time when you could count on a president to be honest about anything.  So, yeah, in light of the 1993-2007 period of presidential politics, it is a pleasant surprise.  And a welcomed one.

still, I think the most salient feature of the blurb isn't the admission, but the continued push for pre-emption.  And so I'm not going to take back all the times I called him stubborn or intransigent.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2007, 06:00:18 PM »

How is it odd? Americai s the most corrupt developed nation.
KillerPollo
Mexico

Political Matrix
E: -3.15, S: -0.82

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2007, 06:38:50 PM »

How is it odd? Americai s the most corrupt developed nation.

idk about that... Everyone in my country already knew that it was complete bullshit.

People in Mexico never believed that it was "indeed" terrorists who were behind 9/11 to begin with.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2007, 07:11:15 PM »

Being in the OECD doesn't make one first world.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2007, 08:05:52 PM »

Bush mean't that while Iraq had nothing to do directly with 9/11...it was a country that was led by a terrorizing dictator in the post-9/11 world that had to be freed.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2007, 08:16:05 PM »

How about a regime change in America to free it from idiot republicans?
KillerPollo
Mexico

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2007, 08:41:12 PM »

How about a regime change in America to free it from idiot republicans?

I know... 2008 elections aren't enough... We need CHina's People's Liberation Army to come to our shores, march to Washington, and depose Bush!
nlm
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2007, 08:47:59 PM »
« Edited: August 08, 2007, 06:26:40 AM by nlm »

Bush mean't that while Iraq had nothing to do directly with 9/11...it was a country that was led by a terrorizing dictator in the post-9/11 world that had to be freed.

Iraq was lead by dictator Saddam Hussein. _President Clinton did not go in, not even after the first WTC attack. By 2001, the new President Bush gave orders to get him out of power since he and Osama had ties. And we did it in less than a year, "We Got Him."

I wonder how it was that you came to be under the mistaken impression that "he and Osama had ties"? You seem to have made a fairly radical change to your view about why we invaded Iraq, and it seems to be remarkably in line with the shifting reasons given by the Bush administration. Why do you think that is?
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2007, 08:52:46 PM »

Everyone with common sense knows the mossad did 9/11.
KillerPollo
Mexico

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2007, 09:17:01 PM »

or the snakes hijacked the planes and redirected them toward the twin towers... Of course, snakes and jews are always associated!
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2007, 09:54:29 PM »

or the snakes hijacked the planes and redirected them toward the twin towers... Of course, snakes and jews are always associated!

oh, the circle jerk going on between you two makes the Bush/Gonzales/Cheney circle look almost honorable.

jeezus, guys.  do you ever have anything nice to say about anyone other than yourselves?  or at least something reasonably intellegent to add to the discussion?

seriously, man.  yeah, bush is a failure.  and yeah, we are often correctly described as a nation of fast-food lovin', violent, gun-totin', oversexed, over-drugged, short-sighted, geographically illiterate jerks more interested in making a fast buck than in leaving a world better for our children.  But America is the "most corrupt nation"?!  yeah, right.  Next time Al Gore and Andres Lopez sit down to have tequila, let them discuss peaceful transfer of power, corruption, failing infrastructure, oppression, and China's economy passing one, and eventually both their nations.  Fine.  But at least have the decency of making a pretense of presenting a serious case if you're really going to jump from "oh, our last two presidents are complete liars" to "we're the most corrupt nation" to "snakes and jews and hijaked planes" to "extraterrestrial aliens taking over Dick Cheney's body in an attempt to subordinate the people of the world, starting with the American President who is just mad enough that people won't suspect outer space aliens when he threatens to bomb the fuçk out of the rest of the world unless its leaders meets his unreasonable demands."
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2007, 09:56:04 PM »

America is the most corrupt nation in the industrialized world. Not on the planet.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2007, 10:02:51 PM »

I wonder how it was that you came to be under the mistaken impression that "he and Osama had ties"? You seem to have made are fairly radical change to your view about why we invaded Iraq, and it seems to be remarkably in line with the shifting reasons given by the Bush administration. Why do you think that is?

It really is fascinating, in a way, to observe individuals whose brain is basically directly wired to their political figures of choice, such that what they say is not their own independently formed thoughts, but simply what they have heard from those political figures.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2007, 10:05:25 PM »

Corruption's not all bad, people. How's the poor man who steals from a store to feed his family going to stay out of jail? Corruption.  How's the poor farmer in India going to get the government to listen to him? Corruption. How did Don Cheadle keep those people alive in Hotel Rwanda?

(bellows) Corr-uption! Oh corr-uption, how won-der-ful is thee!
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies