I'm off to the Magic Kingdom
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:45:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I'm off to the Magic Kingdom
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I'm off to the Magic Kingdom  (Read 1012 times)
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 06, 2007, 05:30:28 PM »
« edited: August 06, 2007, 05:34:05 PM by Gully Foyle »

That's right from tomorrow morning onwards I'll be away in the Great United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Visting relatives in Cambridge from the 8th to the 12th and then journeying around the country in a totally unplanned manner onwards (Like most Irish people, planning is not my strong suit)

Anyway you won't have Gully Foyle to kick around any more - I'll be going to college in mid-September so I won't be visiting this forum so much anymore (or at least I hope not, Atlasia can be stronger than Opium sometimes, And Jas don't worry I'll still come around from time to time and discuss Irish stuff - I won't completely forget this place. In Early September I'll still be around a bit)

This last year has been a write-off for me, so I thank you for allowing me to waste my life here.

Honourable Mentions to: Al (For being Al), Colin Wixted, Andrew Berger, KEmperor, Bullmoose88, Jas (For being Irish), EarlAW, Afleitch, Joe Republic (For being rather amusing), Gabu (Ditto), Everett (Ditto) and of course who can forget Naso, I hope you never achieve your ultimate dream Michael, but I hope whatever you do you will grow up to be a happy and mature individual. Though hopefully more Balanced and less of a self-parody than now. Ditto for BRTD.

*Already hears the cries from the Atlasian audience* Wink

P.S: Post 1910!
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 06:11:20 PM »

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Seriously though, you'll be back Wink If at least not on here, then on the interwebs. The amount of free time I had at uni that I wasted on internet forums is what drew me here in the first place Grin But should you not be back, then all the best. If you end up waking up in the middle of the Gorbals (actually bad example; its gone upmarket) and don't know how you got there drop me a line Smiley

What are you studying btw?
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 10:41:35 PM »

I finally got a shout-out, only took me roughly 10,000 posts.

Well hope to see you around, even in a reduced role. But I know what you're feeling, I'm off to college next month and I hope to disengage from the Atlas slightly and live life a little more.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 08:55:14 AM »

I'll be going to college in mid-September so I won't be visiting this forum so much anymore (or at least I hope not, Atlasia can be stronger than Opium sometimes,

Cool, which college you off too?
Twas actually at college where I found this place - and ended up spending more time than I really should've checking up on.

And Jas don't worry I'll still come around from time to time and discuss Irish stuff - I won't completely forget this place. In Early September I'll still be around a bit)

Look forward to it. Smiley
Enjoy your trip!
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 10:42:25 AM »

I thought you were going to Disney World Tongue
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007, 01:42:14 PM »
« Edited: August 09, 2007, 01:44:03 PM by Gully Foyle »

Well I managed to get some use of the internets (but not for much longer) while I'm here so I will now reply.

Actually I started college last year and it was my addiction to this place was one of the reasons I dropped out after the fiave weeks (that and the place and the course and the lecturers all completely blew monkey balls. Tongue )  - Then I was doing a general humanities degree (Or Arts in the Euro vernacular) in University College Dublin. Now I'm doing another general humanities course in Maynooth University in Kildare - I plan to study History, Antropology and probably philosophy as my subjects. So I'm moving out of Dublin (Hear Jas celebrating!) - actually getting out of the city, even if only to what is now almost suburban Dublin (but not quite; Maynooth pop: 4,000 is a college town)

I finally got a shout-out, only took me roughly 10,000 posts.

Well hope to see you around, even in a reduced role. But I know what you're feeling, I'm off to college next month and I hope to disengage from the Atlas slightly and live life a little more.

I probably won't be able read your reply till September, but pardon? "Shout-Out"? Am I missing something?

Actually I hope to be Scotland around about the 20th - I hope to meet friends in Glasgow on the 27th FYI.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2007, 04:44:57 PM »
« Edited: August 10, 2007, 11:18:59 AM by President Colin Wixted »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I probably won't be able read your reply till September, but pardon? "Shout-Out"? Am I missing something?[/quote]

Recognition, a shout-out is another term for recognition.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2007, 06:02:54 PM »

Tisk, quit with the Americanisations!

Arts, a fine choice, and not just because that's what I did. Wink
Anthropology sounds interesting. Would've liked to have had that choice myself...

So I'm moving out of Dublin (Hear Jas celebrating!) - actually getting out of the city, even if only to what is now almost suburban Dublin (but not quite; Maynooth pop: 4,000 is a college town)

Not sure if it really qualifies as life outside Dublin. Never been to Maynooth actually. IIRC it's still pretty much within the Dublin local rail and bus transport catchment area, so you'll not be stranded from civilisation.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2007, 06:32:46 PM »

Phew, and here I thought you were paying a visit to Michael Jackson's house.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2007, 06:30:39 AM »

Greetings from Lincolnshire all. Hope all is well. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies