Romney: My 5 sons are serving their country by helping get me elected
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:13:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Romney: My 5 sons are serving their country by helping get me elected
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Romney: My 5 sons are serving their country by helping get me elected  (Read 2808 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 08, 2007, 05:33:05 PM »

Mitt Romney has no respect for the troops who are getting shot at in the stupid war he supports.

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2007/8/8/105129/1835
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 06:10:47 PM »
« Edited: August 08, 2007, 06:15:55 PM by StateBoiler »

For those that don't wish to click on the link, a person on DailyKos went to an "Ask Mitt" session. She then recounts the following:

Question: "Are any of your five sons currently serving in the United States military and if not are any of them planning to support the war on terror by enlisting in the United States Military." 

Response: "We have a voluntary army in this country. There are a variety of ways you can show your support for our soldiers. My sons are showing support by trying to get me elected as the President of the United States."

(Romney then talked about his niece laying sod in her yard of a new house and getting assaulted by her HOA for not laying a certain kind of sod...I think)

"There are a variety of ways we can show support for our military and our nation. My son Josh bought a Winnebago and is driving across the State of Iowa to get me elected."
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 06:16:15 PM »

god bless them.

i hope they are safe tonight.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 07:47:21 PM »

god bless them.

lol.

Romney's kids are clearly American heroes.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 07:58:29 AM »

Joe Biden was on the Daily Show and Jon Stewart said "Would you're son in the National Guard be willing to serve his country and leave the national guard to help in the Romney campiagn?"  lol, Biden just sat there, it was hilarious.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007, 08:57:27 AM »

god bless them.

Cheesy
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2007, 09:13:48 AM »

True American heroes.

Seriously, let's hope he loses.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2007, 09:22:48 AM »

Giuliani vs Hillary my friends.

Romney, McCain, Edwards and company are just sideshows.  Something for the media to write about before the real game.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2007, 09:28:28 AM »

A silly answer, but Romney is correct.  It is a volunteer military, and there is no requirement that a political candidate have their children join the military as a qualifier for their career.
riceowl
riceowl315
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2007, 11:15:21 AM »

once a douche, always a douche.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2007, 11:27:33 AM »

Why do they always target Republicans with these types of questions? I have a question of my own,Why didn't Chelsea Clinton serve in the miltary or why didn't Barack Obama serve?

Can you answer that liberals?
Jaggerjack
Fabian_the_Fastman
Thailand

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -4.00

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2007, 11:46:26 AM »
« Edited: August 09, 2007, 11:51:29 AM by Jomy Marquis Shin »

Why do they always target Republicans with these types of questions? I have a question of my own,Why didn't Chelsea Clinton serve in the miltary or why didn't Barack Obama serve?

Why do you think Illinois, an increasingly Democratic state, will somehow kick out Dick Durbin?
Can you answer that, hack?
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2007, 12:18:18 PM »

Why do you think Illinois, an increasingly Democratic state, will somehow kick out Dick Durbin?

Your bringing this up because you can't think of an acceptable answer to my question thats why.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2007, 12:21:01 PM »

Because they didn't want to and it's a volunteer military. There's your answer.
Jaggerjack
Fabian_the_Fastman
Thailand

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2007, 12:29:01 PM »
« Edited: August 09, 2007, 12:31:54 PM by Jomy Marquis Shin »

Your bringing this up because you can't think of an acceptable answer to my question thats why.
More like huge hacks like you who think that increasingly Democratic states will suddenly kick out popular senators and that the large military population in Hawaii will just suddenly destroy the Democratic power there have no right to start bitching about how some candidate's kids don't want to volunteer. But really, thanks for playing.

Also, what does my bringing this up have to do with your hackish, unrealistic predictions?
poughies
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2007, 12:31:14 PM »

I think it would have been one thing if he said its a volunteer army and ended it there..... but wanting to a be a smart alik, he gives a garbage answer......
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2007, 12:35:15 PM »

More like huge hacks like you who think that increasingly Democratic states will suddenly kick out popular senators and that the large military population in Hawaii will just suddenly destroy the Democratic power there have no right to start bitching about how some candidate's kids don't want to volunteer. But really, thanks for playing.

Also, what does my bringing this up have to do with your hackish, unrealistic predictions?

Besides I said long term these states could change,Also I didn't say they would suddenly turn Republican I said they could become battleground states? Also aren't the liberals unfairly picking on Republican canidates who wern't in the military when a majority of their own canidates weren't ether.
Jaggerjack
Fabian_the_Fastman
Thailand

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2007, 12:38:39 PM »

Besides I said long term these states could change,Also I didn't say they would suddenly turn Republican I said they could become battleground states? Also aren't the liberals unfairly picking on Republican canidates who wern't in the military when a majority of their own canidates weren't ether.
I've said this before:
Illinois is trending Democratic. Don't expect states trending Democratic to suddenly become competitive. That's like saying all of a sudden, Georgia out of all states will become competitive.

And as some have said, it's volunteer. The candidates could have chosen if they wanted to serve or not.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2007, 12:40:58 PM »

Probably because the Republicans are more apt to be in favour of the war in the first place. If you don't support the war, why would you help fight in it?

Mostly I think the criticism is silly, however. While I understand how having a candidate's son might help them empathise with the sacrifice other families have made, it is not the candidates decision whether or not their son or daughter joins the military. Insisting that your child joins the military so that it furthers your political career is pretty sick.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2007, 12:42:44 PM »

I've said this before:
Illinois is trending Democratic. Don't expect states trending Democratic to suddenly become competitive. That's like saying all of a sudden, Georgia out of all states will become competitive.

And as some have said, it's volunteer. The candidates could have chosen if they wanted to serve or not.

Even if they still could choose were are the liberals picking on the Republicans who didn't choose to serve in the military,This shows hypocrisy at it's finest.  
Jaggerjack
Fabian_the_Fastman
Thailand

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2007, 12:44:57 PM »

I've said this before:

Even if they still could choose were are the liberals picking on the Republicans who didn't choose to serve in the military,This shows hypocrisy at it's finest.  
Read the post directly preceding yours. Why should anyone support a war they don't even want?
Bay Ridge, Bklyn! Born and Bred
MikeyCNY

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: -4.87

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2007, 12:54:03 PM »

Because liberals generally tend to be anti-war, that's why.
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2007, 05:49:02 PM »

If that election happens, it shows that Republican conservatism is dead.
riceowl
riceowl315
YaBB God

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2007, 05:55:38 PM »

it would be pretty stupid to ask obama that question since he was, you know, against the war from day one.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2007, 07:12:38 PM »

If that election happens, it shows that Republican conservatism is dead.

It also shows that Democratic values have died.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies