NJ 2009
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:11:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NJ 2009
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: NJ 2009  (Read 10807 times)
Conan
conan

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2007, 01:53:06 AM »

Given it's DWTL predicting a Republican win, I'm inclined to predict that Corzine gets reelected in a landslide.
I advise you to educate yourself on the race because that would be a blindly stupid prediction

... says the kid who predicted a Tom Kean victory as late into the Senate race as October 2006.

To be fair, that wasn't blindly stupid. His loss wasn't that big.
Actually, it was very stupid. However, I believe DWTL realized he wasn't going to win by late Sept.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2007, 07:28:28 AM »

Given it's DWTL predicting a Republican win, I'm inclined to predict that Corzine gets reelected in a landslide.
I advise you to educate yourself on the race because that would be a blindly stupid prediction

... says the kid who predicted a Tom Kean victory as late into the Senate race as October 2006.
He was leading in the polls up until around then, so it certainly was not too stupid.  It was also a lot of optimism on my part.  What everyone must remember is I was the only one to realize Rodriguez would beat Bonilla in TX-23 Smiley
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2007, 08:46:59 AM »

Actually, it was very stupid. However, I believe DWTL realized he wasn't going to win by late Sept.

While I certainly doubt Kean was favored to win at any time post-Foley, the possibility of him turning it around was still there.  It certainly was within the realm of possibility, at least in the same sense that it was possible for Ford to win.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2007, 09:01:47 AM »

Actually, it was very stupid.

Excellent argument as always.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2007, 09:56:11 AM »

Back to the governors race possibly....
Conan
conan

« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2007, 04:35:56 PM »

Look at your argument before you idiot.
Conan
conan

« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2007, 04:38:44 PM »

While I certainly doubt Kean was favored to win at any time post-Foley, the possibility of him turning it around was still there.  It certainly was within the realm of possibility, at least in the same sense that it was possible for Ford to win.
This race and Kean losing had nothing to do with Foley. Kean was a horrible debater and a serial flip flopper. It was a wave year in a democratic state where republicans can only get at most 47% of the vote. IIRC, his poll leads never really got outside of the margin of error either and the leads always shifted back and forth between them with Kean doing great in August and early Sept.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2007, 04:48:38 PM »

My argument before - Kean's loss wasn't that big...and it wasn't.
Conan
conan

« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2007, 05:30:18 PM »

That's not an argument. And his loss was bigger than it should have been. An 8 point loss by a moderate republican with a respected, entrenched name against an "incumbent" that's under federal criminal investigation who is from Hudson county and is the first minority to hold statewide office.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2007, 08:58:18 PM »

That's not an argument. And his loss was bigger than it should have been. An 8 point loss by a moderate republican with a respected, entrenched name against an "incumbent" that's under federal criminal investigation who is from Hudson county and is the first minority to hold statewide office.

That is an argument. The loss wasn't that big so the prediction wasn't off the wall.

Also remember that Kean was a Republican running in New Jersey in 2006. Yeah, thanks.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2007, 09:19:59 PM »

That is an argument. The loss wasn't that big so the prediction wasn't off the wall.

Also remember that Kean was a Republican running in New Jersey in 2006. Yeah, thanks.

Conan makes a good argument.  If it were Codey or Andrews, Kean Jr. would have got blown out BADLY.  This is not a race we should have had to worry about but somehow did.  Hell I even think Frank Pallone would have had double digits.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2007, 09:32:27 PM »

Conan makes a good argument.  If it were Codey or Andrews, Kean Jr. would have got blown out BADLY.  This is not a race we should have had to worry about but somehow did.  Hell I even think Frank Pallone would have had double digits.

What you just said had nothing to do with what Conan said or what we are arguing about. Nothing.

The point - Kean didn't lose that badly so predicting that he'd win isn't that much of a bad call.
Conan
conan

« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2007, 09:59:43 PM »

What you just said had nothing to do with what Conan said or what we are arguing about. Nothing.

The point - Kean didn't lose that badly so predicting that he'd win isn't that much of a bad call.
No one who lives in NJ would ever think that Kean was going to win.  After becoming familiar with him as a candidate, it was just impossible. He's not ready for primetime.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2007, 10:03:37 PM »

No one who lives in NJ would ever think that Kean was going to win. 

Your reasoning is amazing.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2007, 11:53:30 AM »

No one who lives in NJ would ever think that Kean was going to win.  After becoming familiar with him as a candidate, it was just impossible. He's not ready for primetime.

It was very possible, and indeed, for part of the campaign, it seemed more likely than not.  It almost doesn't matter how "ready for primetime" Kean is.  In New Jersey, people don't watch Senatorial debates.  They vote based on campaign commercials and prior political leanings.

Certainly, Wally Edge pinned Kean's loss on the national mood post-Foley.  (cue: lol but BODINE)

And, thank you, I spent a good chunk of time in 2006 working in New Jersey to cover the damn race.  But feel free to clutch to your notions that (1) polls always favor Republicans always always in September but get accurate in October always always and (2) New Jersey will never elect a Republican to anything ever ever never elect ever again ever ever.

Especially when there are a whole ****load of states more Republican than New Jersey that do.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2007, 03:31:45 PM »

My prediction: Murphy 50 - Corzine 49 GOP Pickup

LOL
Conan
conan

« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2007, 05:50:24 PM »

I don't have to provide reasoning for everything so some dolt like yourself can have a little bit of understanding.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2007, 05:56:38 PM »

I don't have to provide reasoning for everything so some dolt like yourself can have a little bit of understanding.

Except you know that you don't have any reasoning and you are constantly owned. Run along, child.
Conan
conan

« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2007, 06:03:39 PM »
« Edited: August 14, 2007, 06:13:32 PM by Conan »

It was very possible, and indeed, for part of the campaign, it seemed more likely than not.  It almost doesn't matter how "ready for primetime" Kean is.  In New Jersey, people don't watch Senatorial debates.  They vote based on campaign commercials and prior political leanings.

Certainly, Wally Edge pinned Kean's loss on the national mood post-Foley.  (cue: lol but BODINE)

And, thank you, I spent a good chunk of time in 2006 working in New Jersey to cover the damn race.  But feel free to clutch to your notions that (1) polls always favor Republicans always always in September but get accurate in October always always and (2) New Jersey will never elect a Republican to anything ever ever never elect ever again ever ever.

Especially when there are a whole ****load of states more Republican than New Jersey that do.
Wally Edge didn't blame Foley for his loss. The suggestion itself is simply ridiculous in and of itself. You are getting a little ridiculous yourself in that last paragraph. Nowehre did I suggest both (1) and (2) that you listed. I think Republicans have a great chance at winning races in 2012 for senate and 2013 for governor. It is hard to believe that you ever did work covering this race as your suggestions are so ludicrous. Now you should go read 1 out of every 4 things Wally Edge posts because sometimes he posts stuff that is completely out of whack and is called out for it in the comments section of his posts. Now please provide some evidence suggesting that Foley was the source of his loss. Maybe a poll asking if Foley helped persuade some people. As you should know, but don't, democrats consistently underpoll in NJ and it would be far off if Menendez was behind Kean at sometime, at least theoretically according to polls, because of constant news of him being under federal criminal investigation. He was never out of the margin of error. And if you did report on this election, you certainly are the most incompetent reporter ever.
Conan
conan

« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2007, 06:08:45 PM »

Except you know that you don't have any reasoning and you are constantly owned. Run along, child.
Hahah. You hack, do you have any civility? Anytime there is a chance not to mock you when you post something that makes sense or has evidence to back you up, I respond in a civil manner. Fact is, I am not owned by anyone as no one has successfully repudiated any post of mine where I have made serious comments pertaining to a subject. Again, you don't know how old I am but you are certainly the most irresponsible and child like poster here. DWDL makes more sense than you do. And for a conservative republican, you certainly sound really effeminate and bitchy.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2007, 06:13:53 PM »

Hahah. You hack, do you have any civility? Anytime there is a chance not to mock you when you post something that makes sense or has evidence to back you up, I respond in a civil manner. Fact is, I am not owned by anyone as no one has successfully repudiated any post of mine where I have made serious comments pertaining to a subject. Again, you don't know how old I am but you are certainly the most irresponsible and child like poster here. DWDL makes more sense than you do. And for a conservative republican, you certainly sound really effeminate and bitchy.

I don't have civility yet you are the one that called me a dolt, effeminate and bitchy and you respond to respectable members like Mr. Moderate with nonsense like "You are one of the worst reporters ever!". Yet I'm the one acting like the child?

You are constantly owned in arguments so just give it up.

Conan
conan

« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2007, 06:20:27 PM »

I don't have civility yet you are the one that called me a dolt, effeminate and bitchy and you respond to respectable members like Mr. Moderate with nonsense like "You are one of the worst reporters ever!". Yet I'm the one acting like the child?

You are constantly owned in arguments so just give it up

OOps! You caught me! That was after the fact, smarty. The only reason you call him respectable is because of his attack on me a few posts ago and you say what I said was nonsense. Well it happens to be if you're a political reporter and haven't realized that Keans chance at winning was minimal, then you aren't such a great reporter.  You're the one who resorts to acting like a child. People are treated by me on how they treat others. Now, if you'd like to end this nonsense of personal attacks and smart ass comments, I'd love to do it if you'd agree to it. All one would have to do afterwards is notify the other of their behavior and put an end to it. Now would you like to act like an adult now?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2007, 06:25:49 PM »

OOps! You caught me! That was after the fact, smarty. The only reason you call him respectable is because of his attack on me a few posts ago and you say what I said was nonsense. Well it happens to be if you're a political reporter and haven't realized that Keans chance at winning was minimal, then you aren't such a great reporter.  You're the one who resorts to acting like a child. People are treated by me on how they treat others. Now, if you'd like to end this nonsense of personal attacks and smart ass comments, I'd love to do it if you'd agree to it. All one would have to do afterwards is notify the other of their behavior and put an end to it. Now would you like to act like an adult now?

I respect Mr. Moderate because he knows what he's talking about (I actually read his posts and they aren't filled with partisan attacks) and he's respectable. You aren't.

You just made the argument that Kean's chance at winning was minimal...when a few posts ago you said there was no chance. Which is it, Conan? You're confusing us and, most importantly, yourself.

I don't need to start acting like an adult. I've been doing so for awhile. I'm not the one who called someone bitchy and effeminate (which is rather sexist on your part but that's another story).
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2007, 07:58:34 PM »

And if you did report on this election, you certainly are the most incompetent reporter ever.

Now that the argument is getting personal and largely pointless, I think I'll bow out of it, thanks.
Conan
conan

« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2007, 09:52:59 PM »

And if you did report on this election, you certainly are the most incompetent reporter ever.

Now that the argument is getting personal and largely pointless, I think I'll bow out of it, thanks.
Look at your argument a few posts ago your righteousness.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies