Case Filing: Atlasia v. Jesus (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:36:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Case Filing: Atlasia v. Jesus (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Case Filing: Atlasia v. Jesus  (Read 5879 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« on: August 11, 2007, 11:15:28 PM »
« edited: August 11, 2007, 11:17:33 PM by King-in-Law »

Office of the Attorney General

As the Attorney General of Atlasia, being the official legal counsel and representation for the government and its citizens, I would like to announce that I will proceed with criminal charges against Pacific Governor and Washington citizen Jesus Bgwah in front of the Supreme Court of Atlasia for one count of maliciously editing the Atlas Wiki* and, in hopes to stir up a court discussion, one count of posting content of a sexual nature.** I will enter all evidence at a later date and at the court's discretion.

This being a criminal case, I expect it to be conducted upon the guidelines set by Article III, Section 2 of the Constitution along with F.L. 15-1 Consolidated Criminal Justice Act.  Thus requiring this to be a trial by jury among impartial, and thus fantasy inactive, members of the defendant's region (Pacific) chosen mutually by the prosecution and defense with only one presiding justice chosen by the court.

I also assume Mr. Bgwah will be required to turn himself in and enter a plea.

* See F.L. 15-1, Section 1, Clause 5
** See F.L. 15-1, Section 1, Clause 6
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 03:51:06 PM »

*bump* For the Supreme Court and Jesus.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 04:00:38 PM »

I don't know what I'm supposed to do...

I just want to know if you accept Ebowed as your lawyer.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 04:23:55 PM »

I don't know what I'm supposed to do...

I just want to know if you accept Ebowed as your lawyer.

Yes, I do.

Alright then, now we just need the court to pick up the case and hopefully this will be over soon.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2007, 12:45:01 PM »

Why is it "patently spurious", opebo?

I am required to give a reason?  Well, what I was getting at is that it is frivolous - I can't think of the legal term for such cases, but are they not generally thrown out preemptorily? 

But aside from that the laws mentioned are unconstitutional.

I'd think you'd support it being a tolerate person as Jesus (religious name) called dazzleman a pedophile for saying Rin-chan was attractive.

You aren't living up to your own stereotype, opebo. Wink
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 01:02:53 PM »

Why is it "patently spurious", opebo?

I am required to give a reason?  Well, what I was getting at is that it is frivolous - I can't think of the legal term for such cases, but are they not generally thrown out preemptorily? 

But aside from that the laws mentioned are unconstitutional.

I'd think you'd support it being a tolerate person as Jesus (religious name) called dazzleman a pedophile for saying Rin-chan was attractive.

I'm sorry councillor you're going to have to restate that, as it made no sense.  What is a 'tolerate person'?  Just because it is acceptable to use ajectives as nouns does not make it acceptable - at least in my courtroom - to use verbs as adjectives.  Harrumph!

Sorry, meant tolerant.

I'd think you'd support it being a tolerant person as Jesus (religious name) called dazzleman a pedophile for saying Rin-chan was attractive.

King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007, 01:25:16 PM »

I'd think you'd support it being a tolerant person as Jesus (religious name) called dazzleman a pedophile for saying Rin-chan was attractive.

Still doesn't make any sense.  While I support pedophilia, I also support free speech, and anyway thusly, it was a compliment.

Interesting position as usual.  I must ask opebo, what part of the constitution does the law in question violate?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2007, 08:14:49 PM »

I looked up the Pacific laws and you are right, so I guess our only eligible jurors from Jesus' state are:

Alcon
CultureKing
jerusalemcar5
Reignman

How many people are needed on the jury? Because Alcon is a friend of Jesus and JCar is inactive.

Oh dear.

Indeed.  Reignman isn't very active either.  I don't know if I can get a fair trial here as there would be no point of having a required jury trial over the justices with just CultureKing as the jury.  Gotta love these constitutional loopholes that only come up at times like this...
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2007, 08:59:54 PM »

I would suggest scrapping regional juries (and have juries selected on a national basis instead), but I suspect that any attempt to do that would be shot down by the usual suspects.

Well, I wouldn't mind a regional jury as each region has a wide variety of good candidates, but a jury by state is just pointless.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2007, 01:14:41 PM »

Ridiculous, King isn't there a way you could move for change of venue?  Possibly push off the case until the senate could address this issue.

Legally, I only have one month before this case is dismissed due to lack of action.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2007, 08:31:50 PM »

I certainly understand your logic in saying Washington state, but  interested parties (the prosecution or the defense) may try to argue an alternative and you may wish to hear their claims, namely where the server for the atlas wiki is located, if such information is avaliable.

Good point, unemployed legal counselor Bullmoose88 (Wink).  A whois search for the domain says the server is in Massachusetts (probably because Dave is in MA).  Personally, I'd have no problem moving the case to the Northeast.  It might help the trial as there are a lot more active members to be put in a jury there.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2007, 09:02:08 PM »

What?  We already selected a jury.

If you rely on IPs and the like, how will you deal with people who don't live in the US?  People register in states and regions to get around exactly this problem.

i understand, but Texasgurl is apparently having a hard time getting responses.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies