Spitzer hits plurality disapproval
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:23:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Spitzer hits plurality disapproval
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Spitzer hits plurality disapproval  (Read 6713 times)
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2007, 12:50:09 AM »

This thread was a lot better before it was posted.

My hero~!
Smash255
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2007, 02:11:48 AM »

Spitzer should have dealt him.  with this better, especially since it looks like it was his aides and not   Bruno has had a bunch of problems in his own right (for similar things Hevisi got in trouble for) and it appears a few aides jumped the gun in trying to get him.  With that being said I don't think this will be much of an issue, the Sthat may very well simplytate Senate I doubt will be impacted much by this as  be decided on what some 80+ year old men, 35 year incumbents from Long Island decide to do.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2007, 02:23:34 AM »

I don't see what the big deal is in the first place. Some of Spitzer's aides had the state police keep records of Bruno's travels. That's not even close to spying or wiretapping or anything of the sort.

Also after hearing about this and watching The Departed I have to ask: Are state police really that important in the northeast? I've always just thought of them as doing nothing but handing out speeding tickets on the freeway.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2007, 08:50:50 AM »

I don't see what the big deal is in the first place. Some of Spitzer's aides had the state police keep records of Bruno's travels. That's not even close to spying or wiretapping or anything of the sort.

Also after hearing about this and watching The Departed I have to ask: Are state police really that important in the northeast? I've always just thought of them as doing nothing but handing out speeding tickets on the freeway.

In a lot of less-than-suburban areas, the State Police are the only police.

So yes—they are important.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2007, 08:55:22 AM »

im glad i was never on the eliot spiter bandwagon.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2007, 10:02:04 AM »

That's still a major thing to do and kind of a violation of the man's privicy in my opinion and not to mention the State Senate Majority Leader wasn't even under investigation.   
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2007, 10:42:15 AM »

I dare say Spitzer can turn things around for himself, but Republicans likely to retain the State Senate. This kind of activity on the part of Spitzer can only reaffirm the need for checks and balances

Dave
sethm0

« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2007, 06:08:04 PM »

I don't see anything permanently damaging in this round of scandals, which makes me think the dip will be temporary.

Don't forget that the people of New York are still on the same page with Spitzer ideologically (for the most part) and that New Yorkers tend to like their leaders to be a little over the top. Also, New York should go strongly Democratic in '08 at the top of the ticket, and that may impact the State Senate races.

I'm not worried.
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2007, 09:20:16 PM »

He thought he could rule Albany by sheer force of his election margin and his popularity.

The first never counted for much and here goes the second...

It may actually be healthy for Spitzer in the (very) long run, if it actually convinces him he has to work for things...

AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2007, 03:22:39 AM »

Well, if he would put the brakes on that idiotic Freedom Tower and make them rebuild the World Trade Center, I would start liking him again. So it looks like I'll continue to be in the majority.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2007, 09:52:29 AM »

Political Wire's Taegan Goddard, quoting from Stateline.org—both of whom should know by now this to be false:

[quote author=Stateline.org]"The governors with the highest performance ratings in public opinion polls and from political pros are Democrats Mike Beebe of Arkansas, Eliot Spitzer of New York and Ted Strickland of Ohio and Republicans Charlie Crist of Florida and Sarah Palin of Alaska."
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2007, 08:39:05 PM »

Another Pro Iraq war Democrat falls. Good.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2007, 12:28:44 AM »

Well, if he would put the brakes on that idiotic Freedom Tower and make them rebuild the World Trade Center, I would start liking him again. So it looks like I'll continue to be in the majority.

Rebuild the World Trade Center? Why? It was never fully occupied, and, let's face it, it was an eyesore on the New York skyline. Everyone said it right up until September 11.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies