Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 24, 2014, 01:08:25 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  Election What-ifs? (Moderators: Bacon King, Dallasfan65)
| | |-+  The American Monarchy
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 Print
Author Topic: The American Monarchy  (Read 142016 times)
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -4.87

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #725 on: May 07, 2010, 06:05:43 am »
Ignore

Bump due to sheer awesomeness.
^^^

Quote from: IRC
22:15   ComradeSibboleth   this is all extremely terrible and in all respects absolutely fycking dire.

It really is.

"A reformist is someone who realizes that, when you bang your head on a wall, it's the head that breaks rather than the wall."

Peppino, from the movie Baaria
justW353
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -2.09

View Profile
« Reply #726 on: May 15, 2010, 08:23:40 pm »
Ignore

Bump due to sheer awesomeness.
^^^

So a lack of knowledge means I'm not welcome here? I've always wondered why there's a lack of Republicans on this forum and now I'm beginning to see why.
Bacon King
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

View Profile
« Reply #727 on: May 17, 2010, 04:24:15 pm »

This needs to be updated Sad

BK without all the crazy drugs just wouldn't be BK.

MasterJedi
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.65, S: 6.43

View Profile
« Reply #728 on: May 17, 2010, 05:32:35 pm »
Ignore

This needs to be updated Sad

Harry's first please.

Kevinstat
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #729 on: July 27, 2010, 02:36:32 pm »
Ignore

It's been a year and three days now since Lief's last update on this thread. Sad
hawkeye59
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #730 on: July 27, 2010, 05:55:27 pm »
Ignore

It's been a year and three days now since Lief's last update on this thread. Sad

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.  So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world.-Jack Layton 1950-2011
A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on-John F. Kennedy 1917-1963
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #731 on: July 28, 2010, 04:06:20 am »
Ignore

22:15   ComradeSibboleth   this is all extremely terrible and in all respects absolutely fycking dire.

It really is.

"A reformist is someone who realizes that, when you bang your head on a wall, it's the head that breaks rather than the wall."

Antonio V
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #732 on: January 16, 2011, 05:34:46 am »
Ignore

Lief, this TL was so epic. It's probably the best I've ever read.

I hope you will continue it, once you have the time for. Sad

It really is.

MooMooMoo
Angry_Weasel
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #733 on: January 16, 2011, 10:14:22 am »
Ignore

At least finish it in a nuclear war (so you can end it)..just a few more years would be nice. Smiley

the result is a sense that we were told to attend a lavish dinner party that was going to be wonderful and by the time we got there, all the lobster and steak had been eaten, a fight had broken out, the police had been called and all that was left was warm beer and chips.
[/quot
#Ready4Nixon
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #734 on: January 16, 2011, 10:21:48 am »
Ignore

Though I have very little knowledge of politics pre-Great Depression, I do love butterflies, so I'm reading this.

The Lord Marbury
EvilSpaceAlien
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -5.91

View Profile
« Reply #735 on: January 20, 2011, 01:05:49 pm »
Ignore

bump

Your bump opened my eyes to this fantastic TL which will probably never be finished. Damn you!

"Upp till kamp emot kvalen!
Sista striden det är,
ty Internationalen
åt alla lycka bär!"
Jackson
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #736 on: February 15, 2011, 07:14:04 am »
Ignore

This was a good timeline, though in certain places seemed a little forced in order to have historical characters present.

#Ready4Nixon
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #737 on: February 15, 2011, 09:30:31 pm »
Ignore

Great! I stopped readong it! Now I"ll have to go back, find where I was, etc.

liberalkid
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.65

View Profile
« Reply #738 on: March 12, 2011, 05:11:55 pm »
Ignore

COME ON JESUS. SOMEONE HAS TO UPDATE THIS

Liberalkid- 14-year old political junkie who tries to read as much as he can.
Social Libertarian (i hesitate to say liberal because i oppose the Fairness Doctrine), Foreign Policy Moderate, Economic Liberal
magazine suscriptions: The Nation, The Progressive, National Review
Vosem
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #739 on: September 04, 2011, 11:56:50 am »
Ignore

This needs an update RIGHT NOW.

Illegally selling arms to North Korea, providing most of the money to anti-Morales rebels in Bolivia, and using the remainder as hush money for his three ex-mistrisses. 
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #740 on: September 04, 2011, 12:17:16 pm »
Ignore

YES, PLEASE !

It really is.

#Ready4Nixon
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #741 on: September 04, 2011, 01:09:31 pm »
Ignore

YES, PLEASE !

I've been reading through this, and I'm already in the '40's! What'll happen when I hit 1957 and there's nothing left to read? SadHuh

Governor Varavour
Simfan34
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: 5.91

View Profile
« Reply #742 on: September 04, 2011, 02:58:08 pm »
Ignore

I just finished this and it's amazing. Do go on. Please

#Ready4Nixon
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #743 on: September 04, 2011, 04:00:08 pm »
Ignore

I just finished this and it's amazing. Do go on. Please

How fast are you at reading?

Pope Kalwejt I of Northeast
Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #744 on: September 04, 2011, 04:02:38 pm »
Ignore

OK, how should we punish Lief if he fail to update this anytime soon?

Vosem
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #745 on: September 04, 2011, 04:08:31 pm »
Ignore

I just sent Lief a PM asking him to update or instead to cede authority over the timeline to the What-If community, making it a collaborative timeline. I propose we give Lief two weeks (until September 18) to reply, and, if there is no reply, continue the timeline ourselves on the 19th.

Illegally selling arms to North Korea, providing most of the money to anti-Morales rebels in Bolivia, and using the remainder as hush money for his three ex-mistrisses. 
#Ready4Nixon
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #746 on: September 04, 2011, 04:12:57 pm »
Ignore

I just sent Lief a PM asking him to update or instead to cede authority over the timeline to the What-If community, making it a collaborative timeline. I propose we give Lief two weeks (until September 18) to reply, and, if there is no reply, continue the timeline ourselves on the 19th.

He's probably been sent about a million pms by now since he started slowing down during the tl, at least two from me. I haven't gotten a response, and I assume several others haven't either. Given that, I'm just gonna guess that in two weeks' time, this'll be nationalized.

Vosem
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #747 on: September 04, 2011, 04:19:33 pm »
Ignore

He's probably been sent about a million pms by now since he started slowing down during the tl, at least two from me. I haven't gotten a response, and I assume several others haven't either. Given that, I'm just gonna guess that in two weeks' time, this'll be nationalized.

Start coming up with ideas Smiley

If this does come to pass, I'll probably start a separate thread for writing and planning, while posting the finished updates here. But I don't want to discuss anything just yet -- it's disrespectful to the writer, I think.

#Ready4Nixon
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #748 on: September 04, 2011, 04:26:48 pm »
Ignore

Should this go into place, would it be better to appoint one "official" writer who can sum up all the ideas and weed out some of the horribly whacky? Or would that be too much centralization of power? Also, should it be done in this thread, or should this thread just link to another thread that continues from 1957-on. As a last note, we'd probably need access to lief's maps in order to properly write this.

Vosem
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #749 on: September 04, 2011, 04:31:57 pm »
Ignore

Should this go into place, would it be better to appoint one "official" writer who can sum up all the ideas and weed out some of the horribly whacky? Or would that be too much centralization of power? Also, should it be done in this thread, or should this thread just link to another thread that continues from 1957-on. As a last note, we'd probably need access to lief's maps in order to properly write this.

No, I think it would just be kind of an open discussion forum, where we would come up with the general plan and task one person with writing down the consensus. I don't want anyone looking like a successor to Lief (who should probably get veto power over anything we do).

I'll admit about the maps I have no idea, but I think the maps already present in this thread could probably be copied and edited to create new maps. Another thing, at the end of it all, we could concern ourselves with is the recreation of older maps which have 'timed out'.

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout