The American Monarchy (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:40:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  The American Monarchy (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The American Monarchy  (Read 241809 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: September 14, 2007, 08:14:04 PM »
« edited: September 14, 2007, 08:19:16 PM by Begaj'ho Bag'dasarian »

It would be interesting if there was no war over slavery, but was one over the crown, but not over succession. Maybe there could be a civil war at a substantially later time - around the 1900 period over economic issues. ...it would also be interesting seeing eunuch intrigue in the royal court.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 11:15:34 PM »

It would be neat to annex Florida soon and start seeing how far northwest the Kingdom will go in Louisana.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 11:50:08 AM »

So, will there then be the push into the North and Southwest and the subsequent break up of the national party afterwards next?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2007, 03:43:00 PM »

I really hope the king becomes fat and slovenly.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2007, 08:24:41 PM »

I hope there is another war against the British to go deep into Canada. It appears that we would still be sour after getting slaughtered in 1850.... I wonder what this does with our relationship to the home country.....
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2007, 10:37:34 PM »

This is really good and yeah, I would like to see the U.S. expand or contract more rapidly and perhaps have a much different legal, demographic and infrastructure profile than it does today. I still want to see the U.S. as a superpower, and if not, I want to see the U.S. collapse and how america work thereafter.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2007, 03:51:48 PM »

I am beginning to hope that the war spreads into neighboring countries.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2007, 12:32:28 PM »

Yeah. . The illustrations help me pay attention so I can continue to read.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2007, 07:36:38 PM »
« Edited: October 27, 2007, 07:39:03 PM by Goa Tse »

I remember the redcoats sacking the far west. Hopefully, we will have our 1898 war with Britian, not Spain, so we gain the Alaskan corridor from Crecent city to Fairbanks and Russia stays lodged in Western and Northern Alaska while the British eventually let go of the Republics of Calgary and Edmonton.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2007, 09:32:21 PM »

Bump! I want to see a really fat and slovenly king!
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2007, 10:40:42 PM »

It would be neat if the invasion reunited the country... I hope the war ends soon..it would also be cool if the British conquered the country and an insurgency through out the U.S., and America broke out.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2007, 03:58:05 PM »

HOPE THIS WAR IS DECIDED SOON... I want to see more expansion...and the modern age.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2007, 01:04:43 PM »

Bump!
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2007, 05:16:40 PM »

grind
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2007, 12:59:32 PM »

Did the Snake River purchase go through or did only negotiations begin?  Given the Panic of 1886, I figure the British will want to be paid in gold which the government will be a bit short of.

Same with the four new states, did the Senate approve Robert II's proposals?

Can we finish sweeping into Oregon? I really want Brittish animosity to end lest the bomb gets dropped on London. Tongue I mean, they are occupying American Territory. That hasn't happened in the real world.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2007, 01:26:38 PM »

I'm hoping there will be overseas expansion before long.  After all the Monarchy is more expansive than our democracy.  States of Belize and Jamaica anyone? :-D

America will become opened wide.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2007, 02:05:29 PM »

One minor quibble.  Why was New Mexico renamed Arizona?

I'd figure it would be renamed; perhaps it could be named Washington, similar to Hamilton? *evil grin*

Will we have the state of Goa Tse?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2007, 06:40:08 PM »

Bump. I guess the nobility is really fat and slovenly.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2007, 11:37:33 PM »

When is the next update and how far will this thing go?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2007, 10:25:03 AM »

Are you on strike?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2007, 07:22:19 PM »

ZING! Can't we just take over?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2007, 11:01:50 PM »

I wonder how WWI will play out...
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2007, 03:19:48 PM »
« Edited: December 21, 2007, 03:24:48 PM by Angry Weasel »

I would think that we would lose Canada, Mexico and Cuba and would be thrown into a great depression because of the royalties we would owe to Britian and France. What would be great then is that the U.S. eventually wins WWII (the bomb is dropped on Kubichev and Sheffield) (and reclaims all of Canada and Meso America to N. Colombia and Trinadad) as an ally to Hitler and the cold war would be against Hitler and the liberals would be in power at the end of the 20th century as a result of the Germans folding to Gallic, Slavic and Latic ethnic seperatists that were supported by the RFIA (Royal Foreign Intellegence Agency). The terrorists could then be Catholic and Shinto terrorists.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2007, 10:36:18 AM »

Private writings by the Prime Minister released after his death would later show him to be a deeply prejudiced, racist man, and his image among Americans has depreciated considerably in recent years because of it.

Well actually that normally doesn't happen. It's an easy to find fact that Woodrow Wilson, for example, was as rascist as Mr. Watson is in this timeline but that hasn't soured his reputation with many Americans, at least Americans that know who he is. Just because, years after the fact, historians figure out that a person is deeply rascist doesn't mean that the public immediately scorns him, of course it also has to do with what myths and "histories" people have been fed about the man.

You have to be careful about judging people in the past by today's standards. By today's standards, a lot of public figures who lived in Wilson's time were "racists." In fact, by today's standards all of the Founding Fathers were "racists" (and "sexists" too). 

Please don't lecture me about judging people by today's standards, if anything you should be lecturing these unnamed people in Lief's TL for judging Mr. Watson by today's standards. All I am saying is that even if it comes out that some famous leader or historical figure was very racist, as happened with Wilson and as has happened, in some way, to Abraham Lincoln, his belief in sending the freedmen back to Africa isn't exactly what the abolitionists had in mind, people often don't have opinions that change so quickly on figures of historical importance that oftne become mythologized with time.

As for Wilson when you have people in 1912 call you rascist, if you segregate institutions that were desegregated before and had been for well over 60 years, and if you fire every black official appointed by any arm of the federal government, mostly black postmasters in African American majority towns in the black belt I think it's safe to say that you were rascist even by the standards of the day. Of course you should look at historical figures in comparison to their own time however there are plenty of very important very famous people who cannot be redeemed even if looked at in the context of their own time period.

It's a bloody shame that such a great leader could be so racist. I guess Wilson is sort of a Sanger-type figure. Was a great visionary, but racist as hell.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2007, 11:21:26 AM »

It's a bloody shame that such a great leader could be so racist. I guess Wilson is sort of a Sanger-type figure. Was a great visionary, but racist as hell.

Wilson was not a great leader.  In fact, I consider him to be the worst president who served two full terms.  W's worst moments over the past seven years have been when he acted in the tradition of WW.

Yes, but he set in motions of what would become America's brightest days 15 years after he died. His plans would eventually bring America new trading partners and broad-based economic prospriety. His plans were great, but like the public school system, they failed because of lack of commitment and of course, his stroke. The difference between W and WW is that Woody (lol) was asked upon by the world to make it better, he didn't tell the world it had to be better.  Bush probably would have been a better president if he did what the New Deal/Progressive hawks did. but alas...

can we get on to our alternative history session. We can start a discussion on this in the appropriate thread.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies