The American Monarchy (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:48:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  The American Monarchy (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The American Monarchy  (Read 241750 times)
Lahbas
United States

« on: July 13, 2009, 02:50:45 PM »

I have to say, this is one of the best timelines I have ever read. It rivals even those of Harry Turtledove, at least the Confederate one. (The Alien Intervention in World War II series was.....weird). And the fact you are doing this with only history as a base, makes it even more incredible. You should polish your writings, and begin releasing it as a series.
Lahbas
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 06:14:28 PM »

I have to say, this is one of the best timelines I have ever read. It rivals even those of Harry Turtledove, at least the Confederate one. (The Alien Intervention in World War II series was.....weird). And the fact you are doing this with only history as a base, makes it even more incredible. You should polish your writings, and begin releasing it as a series.

I've never liked Turtledove.

Turtledove writes crap.

Turtledove is a fairly good short story writer who because of the realities of what it pays for an author to write these days, writes "novels" that are little more than a threaded together assemblage of short stories with a common setting since that's what pays.
I like Turtledove because, in the case of the Confederacy series, takes a rather small change and produces a whole series. That, and he shows how all of society is affected by the situations that occur within his universe. The writing itself I do not care for. If it was up to me, I would have Stephen King writing those stories, or at least improving upon the sentances. At the same time, it would be a different read, and the books could be completely different.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies