Would Arkansas vote for Democrats in 2008? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:33:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Would Arkansas vote for Democrats in 2008? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Would Arkansas vote for Democrats in 2008?  (Read 8833 times)
auburntiger
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.61, S: 0.65

« on: October 07, 2007, 07:11:11 PM »

I fully expect Hillary to win Arkansas in 2008.  Arkansas is a much more Democratic state than people think, it's the bluest state in the South.

Can't be bluer than Florida or Virginia. Clinton will Sweep VA,MO,OH,CO,NM,NV,IA before Arkansas. Even if she is more popular in AR than those other places where she gets beat bad or ties right now. The GOP will spend so much time on the defensive, that those first tier states will go unmanned.

You are assuming that the 2008 national average numbers will be the same as 2004 numbers, only shifting left enough so that those 7 states you mentioned would go blue before Arkansas.

This is probably not going to be the case entirely although I do agree that NM, IA, OH, and NV would likely flip before AR just because those four are already swing states. I would argue that Hillary's leftist economic policies would cost her CO, VA, FL, and MO.

I think the maximum Hillary can achieve would be to win NM, IA, NV, and OH in that order followed by AR, bringing her total to 295 electoral votes. No, she will not win in a landslide, because there are too many out there who would not vote for a woman
auburntiger
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.61, S: 0.65

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 02:36:13 AM »

She won't win Arkansas if Huckabee is the nominee
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies