Private schools (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:06:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Private schools (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Private schools  (Read 13482 times)
Brambila
Brambilla

« on: July 25, 2004, 02:28:20 PM »

John Dibble, I completely agree. I actually think we should abolish public schools, firstly because it costs way too much money, secondly because the government has no right to educate our children, third because more private schools will then be created and they'll do better. Why are all the best schools private? Competition.

However much I love capitalism, I'm starting to gain attraction towards Distributivism...
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2004, 02:44:55 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

By not having to pay the governmen for education taxes. Also, as public schools are abolished, capitalism will take over, and prices will decrease. Remember, each child in California gets 12k a year for education.
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2004, 09:56:50 PM »
« Edited: July 25, 2004, 10:00:39 PM by Brambila »

Though I completely agree that parents are responsible for their children's ideological education, i'd like to further that in saying that it is the parents moral responsibility to educate their children, not the state. In addition, it is upsurd to say that private schools hold any more ideology than public ones. When I went to public school, they started teaching us from kindergarten about the gay and lesbian movement, and how some children have a mom and a dad, and others have a mom and a mom, and both are perfectly fine. They even legitimicized poligamy. The exact reason why I want to abolish public schools is what you claim private schools do. In my experience, it is the oppsiate. In Catholic schools, sure, you have to learn the prayers, but that's certainly not forcing religion on you. Several Jews go to Catholic schools in the Bay Area (San Francisco has 200 thousand Jews), and they don't have problems. For my last point, not all schools have ideologies. I can name a few schools in San Francisco alone that don't have any sort of ideology- University High School; Synergy Grammar School; Discovery School; et cetera.

Whatever the school, parents are the sole educators of children and should not rely on any school to be fully responsible for their educational development.
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2004, 10:31:53 PM »

Well, at one time it was possible to change that, but now it's is near impossible. Let me use my case as an example. If I wanted to end that, I would first have to bring the issue up with the San Francisco Unified School District. Seeing that SFUSD is run by homosexuals, they would not support me at all, but instead would call me a homophobe and I'd be on the front page of the Chronicle for discrimination of my homosexual classmates (even though I would be about 10 at this time). I would then bring it up with the state Teachers Association, but they are also run 80% by liberals (literally, that is the statistic), so I wouldn't have any help going there. As a matter of fact, I'm quite confident that it is impossible to change that any time soon. Further, it's not as if though I can simply "switch schools" as I'm sure other public schools had the same issue- I can name at least three elementary schools that have the same homosexual education going on.

Do I believe that children should be educated what the "Consensus of society believes"? Absolutely not. By that logic, a muslim in Alabama would be educated the moral values of Christianity, but of course that is upsurd, similar to your proposal. The truth of the matter is, children are going to listen to their teachers and peers just as much as they listen to their parents, so if parents do not wish their children to be educated in a pro-homosexual manner, they can't do anything about it. Further, you're automatically associating this pro-homosexual belief to the state, meaning that the STATE supports homosexuality, which is also ridiculous, since the state has no say in it. It's okay for children to be educated on pro-homosexuality, but that should be reserved for private schools, not public. Finally, there's a contradiction- you attack private schools for teaching children ideologies, but support public school systems that teach ideologies. I think there might be a bias in your beliefs. Your idea is proposterous and hypocritical.
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2004, 01:01:44 AM »

I am horribly offended by the severe authoritarianism of this poll.

I am horribly offended by the severe authoritarianism of my private high school.

I'm horribly confused on why the hell you go there.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies