Private schools (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:27:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Private schools (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Private schools  (Read 13478 times)
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« on: July 25, 2004, 02:08:28 PM »

Yet another example of Class Warfare by the far-Left.  They don't want Private Schools, because people who can afford to send their kids there are giving them a better education and more oppertunity and that is just wrong.

P.S.  I went to private school and my family couldn't afford it.  My priest payed about half the cost to send me there.

It must be the really far left, because I don't know many liberals who want to ban private schools.

Agreed, I went to one.  When public schools fail and your family can afford it, people should have that choice.  
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2004, 03:11:05 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

By not having to pay the governmen for education taxes. Also, as public schools are abolished, capitalism will take over, and prices will decrease. Remember, each child in California gets 12k a year for education.

Now you're too far the other way buddy.  Had I lived in suburan Philly, I would have EASILY went to public school.  In fact thinking back, I might have went to a Philly magnet school such as Masterman or Central rather then the all-male North Catholic.  Great school just wished there was @ss!
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2004, 03:21:28 PM »

No I would not ban private schools.  They should be kept open.  I feel in some ways they help raise the bar for public schools.  Parents should have that option.  I do not feel there should be restrictions there for it is parental choice.  Would I ban public schools? No.  
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2004, 06:00:12 PM »

Ok, if you're going to demand proof from me, I'll demand proof from you.

Here's mine - these are a bit old, but I doubt the results would be much different today: http://www.heartland.org/archives/education/feb97/minn.htm

This looks like it's based on reports by right-wing think tanks.

It's funny that students were expelled from the private high school I went to were more likely to go to college than those who actually graduated.

You should have got expelled then.  I find with mine some students were better off in public school no matter how dreadful they were.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2004, 06:15:04 PM »

I went to private school for 12 years. Its a good atmosphere and you can easily learn.

Not just a good atmosphere but the BEST atmospere for any student.

Not always.  The suburban public schools SMOKE us academically.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2004, 06:25:31 PM »

That is true.  When I went we only had 2 AP offerings.  Now there's 3, but still other schools have over 20!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies