Private schools (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:21:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Private schools (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Private schools  (Read 13484 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: July 25, 2004, 01:26:59 PM »

This is probably the most ridiculous poll we'll ever have. YES, of course, private schools should be legal.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2004, 02:12:17 PM »

Yet another example of Class Warfare by the far-Left.  They don't want Private Schools, because people who can afford to send their kids there are giving them a better education and more oppertunity and that is just wrong.

P.S.  I went to private school and my family couldn't afford it.  My priest payed about half the cost to send me there.

I also attend a private (Catholic) school. It would be a sad day in America when the far left takes over and bans our private schools. Of course we know that won't happen but its sad to see people actually want to ban a system of education that is doing an excellent job educating students across America.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2004, 02:40:49 PM »

BRTD, I think it's now safe to say that only you and Bandit want to abolish private schools.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2004, 03:13:24 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

By not having to pay the governmen for education taxes. Also, as public schools are abolished, capitalism will take over, and prices will decrease. Remember, each child in California gets 12k a year for education.

Now you're too far the other way buddy.  Had I lived in suburan Philly, I would have EASILY went to public school.  In fact thinking back, I might have went to a Philly magnet school such as Masterman or Central rather then the all-male North Catholic.  Great school just wished there was @ss!

Would you ban private schools, Handzus?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2004, 06:13:47 PM »

I went to private school for 12 years. Its a good atmosphere and you can easily learn.

Not just a good atmosphere but the BEST atmospere for any student.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2004, 06:21:44 PM »

I went to private school for 12 years. Its a good atmosphere and you can easily learn.

Not just a good atmosphere but the BEST atmospere for any student.

Not always.  The suburban public schools SMOKE us academically.

Ok, I'll admit some suburban schools are excellent and surpass some private schools. That's not to say our Catholic schools aren't great places to learn its just that some of the suburban PA public school districts really know how to run things.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies