Private schools (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:54:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Private schools (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Private schools  (Read 13490 times)
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« on: July 25, 2004, 01:56:10 PM »

We don't have the right to ban private schools. This is ridiculus.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2004, 02:06:59 PM »

Yet another example of Class Warfare by the far-Left.  They don't want Private Schools, because people who can afford to send their kids there are giving them a better education and more oppertunity and that is just wrong.

P.S.  I went to private school and my family couldn't afford it.  My priest payed about half the cost to send me there.

It must be the really far left, because I don't know many liberals who want to ban private schools.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2004, 02:32:55 PM »

John Dibble, I completely agree. I actually think we should abolish public schools, firstly because it costs way too much money, secondly because the government has no right to educate our children, third because more private schools will then be created and they'll do better. Why are all the best schools private? Competition.

However much I love capitalism, I'm starting to gain attraction towards Distributivism...

Abolish public schools? You have got to be kidding me! How are single-parents who make under $15,000 per year supposed to afford private schooling for their kids?
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2004, 04:36:56 PM »

Most schools have mandatory student IDs the kids have to carry at all times.  Mine had mandatory IDs that were also lunch cards, and the school had cameras.

I never attended a public school that had any of this. I'm sure they have it now, but 20 years ago we had a lot more freedom. A LOT[/i] more!

After Columbine security got a lot tougher. Kids don't have as many freedoms as they should.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies