Rasmussen: Clinton leads McCain by 2, Romney by 11
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:35:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  Rasmussen: Clinton leads McCain by 2, Romney by 11
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rasmussen: Clinton leads McCain by 2, Romney by 11  (Read 1858 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 18, 2007, 08:08:54 AM »

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Clinton: 46%
McCain: 44%

Clinton: 51%
Romney: 40%

Clinton: 45% favorable - 54% unfavorable
McCain: 47% favorable - 45% unfavorable
Romney: 41% favorable - 40% unfavorable

http://tinyurl.com/yvg3pa
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 10:23:21 AM »

Wow, those are crappy favorables for Hillary.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 03:43:07 PM »

lol. Romney.
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2007, 12:21:19 AM »

this poll is proof that an unfavorable opinion doesn't automatically translate into an opposing vote.  54% of people in this poll find Hillary unfavorable yet she still manages to get 51% of the vote against Romney.  That means that some people who see her as unfavorable are willing to overlook that and vote for her anyways.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2007, 01:03:57 AM »

this poll is proof that an unfavorable opinion doesn't automatically translate into an opposing vote.  54% of people in this poll find Hillary unfavorable yet she still manages to get 51% of the vote against Romney.  That means that some people who see her as unfavorable are willing to overlook that and vote for her anyways.

Well even I'd consider voting her against Romney.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2007, 04:01:32 AM »

Some of those are left-wing activist types probably. But some of those may still stay home on election day, even if they say they'll vote Clinton in a poll. Still more may vote but not help the campaign which could still hurt her.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2007, 07:09:37 PM »

Of all the potentional GOP nominees, I like Romney the least.  Good thing Hillary's beating him.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2007, 07:10:43 PM »

Yeah, nominate her. Please. Keep telling me how the Dems are so likely to win in 2008 with those numbers...
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2007, 07:18:10 PM »

Yeah, nominate her. Please. Keep telling me how the Dems are so likely to win in 2008 with those numbers...

she'd still be far better than a 50/50 shot against any Republican besides Giuliani.  not that I want to nominate her - it will just prove the Democratic party's terminal stupidity.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2007, 07:57:04 PM »

she'd still be far better than a 50/50 shot against any Republican besides Giuliani. 

And what says that? 54% have an unfavorable view of her. The amount of people that say they'd never vote for her is always in the mid 40s. Stop telling me how you guys are going to win in 2008 and laugh at anyone that even suggests a GOP when you're going to nominate the most polarizing woman in American politics.
poughies
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2007, 10:00:03 PM »

In more important news, she's now got pretty much the whole democratic establishment behind in arkansas (minus Lincoln who i suspect is playing for a VP spot).... and while the endorsements themselves probably don't mean much, they do signal that Clinton is an acceptable commodity in Arkansas. Which makes those polls seem perhaps plausible?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2007, 11:12:07 PM »

she'd still be far better than a 50/50 shot against any Republican besides Giuliani. 

And what says that? 54% have an unfavorable view of her. The amount of people that say they'd never vote for her is always in the mid 40s. Stop telling me how you guys are going to win in 2008 and laugh at anyone that even suggests a GOP when you're going to nominate the most polarizing woman in American politics.

she just can't win big.  that's what those numbers mean.  she's rangebound below about 51-52% of the PV.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2007, 12:46:50 AM »

she just can't win big.  that's what those numbers mean.  she's rangebound below about 51-52% of the PV.

Man, the entire country hates Hillary more than Colorado does and the majority hate her in Oregon? Then again, she might pull of a 2004-esque victory. In 2004, the gop base was unhappy with Bush on medicaid and on off shore drilling, but performed a powerful voter surge because the goal of absolute power was finally attainable. This time it will be Hillary's turn, but instead of absolute power, progressive viability will finally become a reality for the first time in almost 50 years.
Bay Ridge, Bklyn! Born and Bred
MikeyCNY

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: -4.87

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2007, 11:51:39 AM »

Clinton 51
Romney 40

Thats quite an impressive showing for Romney this early in the game
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2007, 11:59:28 AM »

Clinton 51
Romney 40

God will guide his way to victory, right?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2007, 12:25:03 PM »

The scary thing is...many Democrats who "hate Shrillary" would gladly vote for her in the General Election.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2007, 12:27:29 PM »

The scary thing is...many Democrats who "hate Shrillary" would gladly vote for her in the General Election.

Why's that scary? I don't like her but I'm sure as hell not voting for a joke like McCain or Romney or a fascist like Giuliani.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2007, 03:51:25 PM »

Clinton 51
Romney 40

No it isn't.
Bay Ridge, Bklyn! Born and Bred
MikeyCNY

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: -4.87

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2007, 11:57:10 AM »

Why's that scary? I don't like her but I'm sure as hell not voting for a joke like McCain or Romney or a fascist like Giuliani.

And thats the problem with the Democratic Party and which explains why Democrats have only won 2 presidential elections of the past 13 and why Bill Clinton was the only Dem to be re-elected since FDR....

Unlike Republicans, Democrats like you are motivated to vote larglely on the basis of your dislike of the opposition, whereas Republicans vote more on the basis of genuinely believing in/liking their candidate.

This causes a major problem for Democrats in presidential elections:  it encourages poor quality, shrill candidates with major deficiencies like Al Gore, John Kerry, Hillary, Obama, and Edwards to run on empty platforms of "Vote for me, at least I'm not a Republican" and discourages strong candidates like Mark Warner from entering the race, knowing they wouldn't stand a chance in the primaries.

And Romney --of all people--starting out at only 11 points behind Hillary is an omen for the Democrats since Hillary and the rest of the Dems have nowhere to go but down
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies