Should I challenge Keystone Phil for the Northeast Regional Senate Seat?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:46:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Should I challenge Keystone Phil for the Northeast Regional Senate Seat?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should I challenge Keystone Phil for the Northeast Regional Senate Seat?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 20

Author Topic: Should I challenge Keystone Phil for the Northeast Regional Senate Seat?  (Read 1559 times)
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 18, 2007, 10:11:11 PM »

I know this may be to early to ask but, should I Rockefeller Republican, challenge incumbent Northeastern Regional Senator Keystone Phil in October for his Senate seat? The question is a simple YES or NO. If an overwhelming majority of people say NO then I won't run.

Thanks

- Rockefeller Republican
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 11:08:27 PM »

Competition is always good. I, for example, am currently running for the senate even though it's quite likely I won't win. However, it does provide a second option to the district four voters, which is the real reason I'm running.

Though it would be awesome to be back in the Senate. Grin
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 11:13:02 PM »

Well, since Keystone Phil is allegedly running for president, it's doubtful on whether he will run for reelection. However, I would like to see him get a little competition, given how bad his voting record is.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2007, 11:27:59 PM »

By the way voting is currently going I should be challenging Keystone Phil for his Senate seat in October of this year. Who knows, voting might go in the opposite direction and I might not run for the Senate, which I would be dissapointed with. And I promise, if an overwhelming majority of people say I should run I promise no GAFFES!
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2007, 11:54:55 PM »

You should run for the seat, whether there's a person in it or not.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2007, 12:03:23 AM »

Yes, because Phil is not only annoying, but too far to the right.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2007, 07:29:58 AM »

By the way voting is currently going I should be challenging Keystone Phil for his Senate seat in October of this year. Who knows, voting might go in the opposite direction and I might not run for the Senate, which I would be dissapointed with. And I promise, if an overwhelming majority of people say I should run I promise no GAFFES!

Although I would find it hard to endorse you unless Phil was not running, anyone who wants to run should run as many times as they want
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2007, 08:15:45 AM »

Yes, definitely, definitely run against him.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2007, 12:39:14 PM »

Competition is always good and we need more people to be active in fantasy politics. More campaigns = more fun.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2007, 03:18:51 PM »

"Not only annoying..."

I have stayed away from personal attacks as a Senator towards my colleagues. I hope that you mature enough and do the same.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2007, 03:21:38 PM »

"Not only annoying..."

I have stayed away from personal attacks as a Senator towards my colleagues. I hope that you mature enough and do the same.

It's ok Phil, I'm annoying too. Smiley
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2007, 03:22:55 PM »

By the way, I voted that you should challenge me. I don't know if I am running for re-election or not (who knows whether or not I am staying in the Presidential race) but if I am, I enjoy the competition.

I wouldn't put all your trust in this poll result, though. Many of the Phil haters reside outside of the region and would love to see me ousted. I have a strong base here.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2007, 06:04:12 PM »

Ideology aside, I'm pretty satisfied with the job Phil has done.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2007, 02:03:15 AM »

So your satisfied with his (in my mind) terrible voting record?

By the way this vote is going, it seems that I shall be running for the Northeastern Regional Senate seat in October 2007. Even if the majority of the people who voted weren't in registered in the Northeast. I wish myself and Keystone Phil (if he's running) good luck in the campaign.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2007, 07:13:34 AM »

By the way this vote is going, it seems that I shall be running for the Northeastern Regional Senate seat in October 2007. Even if the majority of the people who voted weren't in registered in the Northeast. I wish myself and Keystone Phil (if he's running) good luck in the campaign.

Even if you don't agree with him, it beats the hell out of a senator who contributes nothing to debate and misses votes
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2007, 04:30:48 PM »

Terrible in terms of your ideology? Ok, that's fine though I don't think it is extreme or anything. But I do show up for votes (I have a very good attendance record) and I contribute.

I wish you luck, Rocky, but I am concerned that you are just itching to run for any type of office. I think that is proven by your lack of caring that these poll results might not even come close to representing how the residents of the Northeast feel. It's your decision, though. Best of luck.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2007, 09:28:54 PM »

The election is in October...
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2007, 11:00:34 PM »

I was just about to say that. You don't need to announce your candidacy three months before the election. Hell I announced my candidacy three weeks before the Presidential election and I won.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2007, 01:08:40 AM »

I was just about to say that. You don't need to announce your candidacy three months before the election. Hell I announced my candidacy three weeks before the Presidential election and I won.

I know I've announced my candidacy early, I do know that. I'm just doing a Jimmy Carter that's all. And look where he ended up.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2007, 08:43:09 PM »

I know I've announced my candidacy early, I do know that. I'm just doing a Jimmy Carter that's all. And look where he ended up.

Becoming a disgraced former President?
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2007, 10:37:09 PM »

I should have made the joke when I saw it.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2007, 11:04:16 PM »

Although, I wouldn't call Carter disgraced anymore. After all, he won the Nobel Prize, and not to mention all of his great Habitat for Humanity work.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2007, 11:15:30 PM »

Although, I wouldn't call Carter disgraced anymore. After all, he won the Nobel Prize, and not to mention all of his great Habitat for Humanity work.

Somehow, I don't think that's what Rockefeller Republican is going for (but I agree).
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2007, 01:32:25 AM »

Somehow, I don't think that's what Rockefeller Republican is going for (but I agree).

I was only making the comparison to Jimmy Carter about announcing his candidacy for the Presidency early. He announced his candidacy for the Democratic Presidential nomination in January 1975. No South Park Conservative I don't want to be a disgraced former President. Anyway, I think the Carter Presidency was one of the worst in American history, though there have been worse Harding, GWB and Woodrow Wilson. 
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies