Worst US State
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:26:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Worst US State
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10
Author Topic: Worst US State  (Read 31387 times)
CPT MikeyMike
mikeymike
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.58, S: -3.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: October 07, 2007, 04:20:29 PM »

Is it really possible to narrow it to just one?  Okay...MissouriOklahomaTexasoranyoftheDeepSouthstatesexceptFloridaandGeorgia.

What's wrong with Oklahoma?

Nothing there. Boring, boring, boring.

Yep that sums it up. I'm counting the day until I leave that damn state.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #201 on: October 07, 2007, 04:45:18 PM »

I love Oklahoma.  There may not be much here, but I don't need a lot of excitement to love a state.  For me the worst state would be probably Massachusetts or Vermont, possibly Wyoming.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #202 on: October 07, 2007, 04:47:50 PM »

Any state with fewer than 5 electoral votes, minus Rhode Island.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #203 on: October 07, 2007, 04:48:25 PM »

Any state with fewer than 5 electoral votes, minus Rhode Island.

What's wrong with Hawaii?
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #204 on: October 07, 2007, 04:55:13 PM »

The answer is obviously Mississippi.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #205 on: October 07, 2007, 04:56:55 PM »

Any state whose name starts with the letter "I"
CPT MikeyMike
mikeymike
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #206 on: October 07, 2007, 05:20:27 PM »

For me the worst state would be probably Massachusetts or Vermont, possibly Wyoming.

Other than the politics, what is wrong with Massachusetts or Vermont?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #207 on: October 07, 2007, 06:01:20 PM »

Idaho, Mississippi, Alabama, Utah.
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #208 on: October 07, 2007, 06:24:27 PM »

Hmmm. For me, any state with high temperatures, no mountains or scenery, and no winters.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #209 on: October 07, 2007, 08:55:34 PM »

For me the worst state would be probably Massachusetts or Vermont, possibly Wyoming.

Nothing.  That's the reason I chose them.

Politics aside, I would choose Florida and Louisiana -- too many hurricanes.  Very risky to build a home there as you may be rebuilding every 5 years.  Very lovely state, beautiful scenery, but I just don't like the weather.  Same goes for any gulf coast or southern atlantic coast state (Virginia to Texas).
CPT MikeyMike
mikeymike
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #210 on: October 07, 2007, 09:26:19 PM »

If you're going take a state and dislike it based only off politics then I feel sorry for you and for many others on there.

I don't like the politics of either Massachusetts or Oklahoma but the reason why I hate Oklahoma is not because of that. There is nothing to do there. People act like rednecks and drive like jackasses.

Massachusetts, other than being liberal, is a fun state. The history, the Cape, the mountains and of course the Red Sox and Patriots. There is everything there.

Bottom Line: People need to stop thinking just politics when they judge a state.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #211 on: October 07, 2007, 09:36:25 PM »

If you're going take a state and dislike it based only off politics then I feel sorry for you and for many others on there.

I don't like the politics of either Massachusetts or Oklahoma but the reason why I hate Oklahoma is not because of that. There is nothing to do there. People act like rednecks and drive like jackasses.

Massachusetts, other than being liberal, is a fun state. The history, the Cape, the mountains and of course the Red Sox and Patriots. There is everything there.

Bottom Line: People need to stop thinking just politics when they judge a state.

I agree and I generally don't judge a state solely by its politics.  Like I said in my first reply to you, politics aside, Mass and Vermont are really good states (the history of Mass, Ben and Jerry's and the Apple Cider factories in Vermont, etc.)  I spent a month in Massachusetts this past July/August and spent 6 days in Vermont in March 2003.  I enjoyed the majority of my time in those states.

I also generally agree with you about the barrenness of Oklahoma, but like I also said, I don't need what other people consider "entertainment" to be happy in a state.  Heck, I could probably be happy in western Kansas to be perfectly honest where there is even less than western Oklahoma.  Of course, it helps that I was born and raised in Oklahoma.  I also want to leave Oklahoma, and hopefully I can move in the Spring 2008, but while I'm still here I'm going to enjoy every minute that I have in Oklahoma and especially celebrate her centennial on Friday, November 16, 2007.  In fact, I found when I was going to college in Alva, Oklahoma that I am just as happy, if not happier, in a town of 5,000 (Alva) than I am in a big city of 550,000 (Oklahoma City).  The only thing I ask is that it have enough to survive comfortably, and Alva does with a SuperCenter Wal-Mart (the smallest in the state) and a college and several fast-food joints.
CPT MikeyMike
mikeymike
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #212 on: October 07, 2007, 09:39:51 PM »

I agree and I generally don't judge a state solely by its politics.  Like I said in my first reply to you, politics aside, Mass and Vermont are really good states (the history of Mass, Ben and Jerry's and the Apple Cider factories in Vermont, etc.)  I spent a month in Massachusetts this past July/August and spent 6 days in Vermont in March 2003.  I enjoyed the majority of my time in those states.

I also generally agree with you about the barrenness of Oklahoma, but like I also said, I don't need what other people consider "entertainment" to be happy in a state.  Heck, I could probably be happy in western Kansas to be perfectly honest where there is even less than western Oklahoma.  Of course, it helps that I was born and raised in Oklahoma.  I also want to leave Oklahoma, and hopefully I can move in the Spring 2008, but while I'm still here I'm going to enjoy every minute that I have in Oklahoma and especially celebrate her centennial on Friday, November 16, 2007.  In fact, I found when I was going to college in Alva, Oklahoma that I am just as happy, if not happier, in a town of 5,000 (Alva) than I am in a big city of 550,000 (Oklahoma City).  The only thing I ask is that it have enough to survive comfortably, and Alva does with a SuperCenter Wal-Mart (the smallest in the state) and a college and several fast-food joints.

If you are planning on coming down to Lawton anytime between now and December, I'd love to punch meet you. Tongue

PM me if you do and let me know.
Willy Woz
Yemen

Political Matrix
E: -8.71, S: -5.13

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #213 on: October 21, 2007, 09:47:51 PM »
« Edited: October 21, 2007, 10:17:23 PM by Willy Woz »

For me the worst state would be Rhode Island, it's basically one big, slummy city and a few big, slummy suburbs, beaches are OK but much of the state is a polluted mess.

And it's not just a political thing, I hate many Southern states as well. Alabama, Mississippi, western South Carolina, Arkansas is ok for vacations, but I wouldn't want to live there.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #214 on: October 22, 2007, 12:51:23 PM »

MikeyMike is pretty bright, I'll give 'em that. His politics aren't bad at all for a neo-con and he tends to value subjective things like a real person.

Here are some of the feeling I have:
Personally, I don't like Idaho (kinda low and mucky for the rockies), Utah (really is creepy).

I don't know what to think of my homestate, Florida. Ohio is a pretty neat state. I would have to say my favorites are New Mexico, Washington, Wyoming and Colorado at this point. Though, I am interested in visiting Montana and Minnesota. New York was a really nice place, too. I don't think I like Nebraska that much.  I guess I really like places that are genuinely unique.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #215 on: October 22, 2007, 03:44:38 PM »

Of those that I've been to, I'd say Indiana.  I thought "well, at least they have nice rest stops here... with McDonalds and all"... and then I went to Ohio... and boy oh boy... our rest stops look like woodsy, if rustic outhouses compared to the luxurious mansions in Ohio.

I mean this:

Alas, ours comes with a fancy sign.
ottermax
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -6.09

P P
« Reply #216 on: October 22, 2007, 06:35:15 PM »

New Jersey
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #217 on: October 23, 2007, 10:47:55 PM »

Oh, I'm so glad you said that!  (I'm sure everyone else is, too.)

What, exactly, makes you think that New Jersey is the worst state?  Is it the fact that it is the lifeline to both New York City and Philadelphia?  Is it our massive contribution to pharmaceutical development?  Oh, maybe it's the vastly superior standard of living or the diverse and well-preserved environment.  It must be one of those, there's really nothing any worse than those horrible aspects of New Jersey that make this country a terrible place to live in.

Dude, calm down. I do agree with you though. New Jersey is rebuilding its cities and when I was there, I really like it. They probably don't like it because of Newark or Camden, but even those places are being rebuilt.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #218 on: October 24, 2007, 11:23:46 PM »

Indiana is a hole.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #219 on: October 24, 2007, 11:36:04 PM »

Kentucky sucks just as badly. Most of Idaho is like an unflushed toilet.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #220 on: October 24, 2007, 11:46:02 PM »

They probably don't like it because of ... Camden, but even those places are being rebuilt.

I think... I think I'm going to disagree?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #221 on: October 24, 2007, 11:58:13 PM »

Illinois, then there's a big gap and then New Jersey
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #222 on: October 25, 2007, 12:11:35 AM »

In terms of states being boring, almost the entire high plains (all of Montana, eastern Wyoming, eastern Colorado, eastern New Mexico, all of North Dakota, all of South Dakota, all of Nebraska, the western 3/4 of Kansas, the western 1/3 of Oklahoma, and the western half of Texas).
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #223 on: October 25, 2007, 12:17:24 AM »

In terms of states being boring, almost the entire high plains (all of Montana, eastern Wyoming, eastern Colorado, eastern New Mexico, all of North Dakota, all of South Dakota, all of Nebraska, the western 3/4 of Kansas, the western 1/3 of Oklahoma, and the western half of Texas).

Yeah.... I almost fell asleep behind the wheel driving between Cheyenne and Casper.  Though E.NM has uh.... Roswell. I applied for a job there with an energy exploration law firm.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #224 on: October 25, 2007, 12:39:47 AM »

Of those that I've been to, I'd say Indiana.  I thought "well, at least they have nice rest stops here... with McDonalds and all"... and then I went to Ohio... and boy oh boy... our rest stops look like woodsy, if rustic outhouses compared to the luxurious mansions in Ohio.

I mean this:

Alas, ours comes with a fancy sign.

Ohio has some NICE roads and rest stops (because of the tolls), but even their method of tolls - at the entrances and exits, not every 3 miles like some states.  If only MI were like OH when it comes to roads (but not football of course). Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies