Counties you have been to that no other Atlasian has (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:32:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Counties you have been to that no other Atlasian has (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Counties you have been to that no other Atlasian has  (Read 10983 times)
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« on: August 19, 2007, 05:51:55 PM »

I've been to Shasta.

I haven't been to Salem County, and there's no other county in NJ so out of the way that none of you would have been to it. Maybe Somerset or Franklin County, Maine?
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 07:57:14 PM »
« Edited: August 19, 2007, 08:02:02 PM by Verily »

I've been to Shasta.

I haven't been to Salem County, and there's no other county in NJ so out of the way that none of you would have been to it. Maybe Somerset or Franklin County, Maine?
You've been in Redding?

There are few places in California where I do not have relatives, and I've made day trips to most of the others. (Although even before my second cousin moved to Redding, I had been through Shasta County to Mount Lassen when I was kid.)
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 12:16:00 AM »
« Edited: August 20, 2007, 12:18:09 AM by Verily »

Probably none. The furthest downstate I've been is Springfield, and Muon's obviously been there. So unless he takes a different route than I do Tongue

I have been there many ways, just to try different scenery. Since I frequently stay in Peoria, I often pass through Stark Co., IL. Anyone been there?

Last weekend I went to the original state capital of IL, Kaskaskia, the only incorporated place in IL west of the Mississippi. It's in Randolph Co, IL, the home of Popeye. Anyone been there?

I'll assume you've been to Decatur, and therefore to Macon County, IL. My "most obscure place in IL" goes to Warrensburg, IL, but it shares a county with Decatur.

Oh, and the Delaware Memorial Bridge is at the north end of Salem County, NJ, so I have actually been there, as probably have a lot of other people. Oh well.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 12:01:59 PM »
« Edited: August 20, 2007, 12:05:27 PM by Verily »

Here are some obscure ones for me:

Hinsdale, CO
Lewis, NY
Hamilton, NY
Wayne, NY
Mono, CA

I've been to Hamilton and Wayne, NY.

Still no one for Somerset, ME or Franklin, ME? Piscataquis, ME, too, but I imagine someone has been to Katahdin.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 11:52:34 PM »

I thought of another two: Park and Carbon Counties, MT. Carbon County is less likely as it lies between Yellowstone and Billings, but I think Park County is a good chance. Gallatin County, too, for that matter.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2007, 11:18:48 AM »

I'm throwing Essex, NY out there again and possibly Warren, NY

I drove through Essex and Warren (and Clinton) when I went to Montreal a few years ago. Its a very remote area by regional standards. Its the only time in my life I ever used cruise control on my car.

Anybody been to:

Herkimer County, NY
Androscoggin, Maine
Ocean, NJ
Sussex, DE
Wicomio and Worcester, MD
Accomack and Northampton, VA
New Hanover, NC
Beaufort, SC
Monroe, FL

As you can see, I rarely leave the East Coast. I've only been west of the Appalachians 3 times.

I've been to Beaufort, Ocean, Androscoggin (white-water rafting!) and Sussex.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies