NJ-Sen: Republican Pennacchio, Anti-Iraq War?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:53:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NJ-Sen: Republican Pennacchio, Anti-Iraq War?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NJ-Sen: Republican Pennacchio, Anti-Iraq War?  (Read 542 times)
Conan
conan

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 20, 2007, 02:34:37 AM »

"American commitment in Iraq must not be one-way and open-ended," said Pennacchio, R-Morris. "Unless Iraq and neighboring ally Arab states step up to defend and protect Iraq and regional liberties, America should pull our soldiers out of harm's way."

http://www.northjersey.com/page.php?qstr=eXJpcnk3ZjczN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXkyODgmZmdiZWw3Zjd2cWVlRUV5eTcxODMwMzUmeXJpcnk3ZjcxN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXky
Conan
conan

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 02:38:03 AM »

While that is a good general election strategy, it's not a good primary one.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 10:27:13 AM »

Considering that the majority of the NJ GOP is opposed to continued involvement in the Iraq war, I'd say it's a pretty smart play indeed.  Especially for a conservative like Pennachio. (Estabrook simply cannot outflank this guy on the right.)
Conan
conan

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 09:41:50 PM »

Considering that the majority of the NJ GOP is opposed to continued involvement in the Iraq war, I'd say it's a pretty smart play indeed.  Especially for a conservative like Pennachio. (Estabrook simply cannot outflank this guy on the right.)
Nah. If he thinks he can be the anti-war candidate and win his primary, he won't. Estabrook can buy the primary anyway.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 08:32:17 AM »

Nah. If he thinks he can be the anti-war candidate and win his primary, he won't. Estabrook can buy the primary anyway.

I doubt he's going to angle himself as "the anti-war candidate," just as a candidate who is not supportive of continuing the Iraq War.

And I hope you're right about Estabrook—I'd far rather she face off against Lautenberg than Pennacchio.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies