Illegal Alien, Hid in Church for Year, is Deported, Finally
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:23:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Illegal Alien, Hid in Church for Year, is Deported, Finally
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Illegal Alien, Hid in Church for Year, is Deported, Finally  (Read 5250 times)
Conan
conan

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 20, 2007, 06:34:16 AM »

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/08/19/immigration.activist.ap/index.html

There's no reason her son can't go to Mexico with her. They need to make the constitution clear, that anchor babies aren't citizens.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 06:55:45 AM »

Despicable.

Why are you a xenophobe, BTW?  Have you considered the Republican Party?  You may find that the sort of people in it will be closer to your views.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 07:01:13 AM »

They need to make the constitution clear, that anchor babies aren't citizens.

How nice.
Conan
conan

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 07:58:09 AM »

Xenophobe? Don't think so. I support increased immigration quotas. My grandfather was an immigrant. I just don't care for people coming here to have their kids so that they can take advantage of poor law and use it as a tool to manipulate sentiment so that they can stay here. I'd love for her to become a citizen through the legal paths. The thing that's so despicable here is you jumping to conclusions and shouting out nonsense names.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 08:26:05 AM »

Hmm...CARLHAYDEN hasn't made his appearance.

Odd.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2007, 09:54:28 AM »

We should deport anchor babies with their parents.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2007, 09:57:35 AM »

The over/under on how many posts it would take for someone in this thread to mention CarlHayden was 6.

Damn, I should've taken the under.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2007, 10:02:14 AM »

The over/under on how many posts it would take for someone in this thread to mention CarlHayden was 6.

Damn, I should've taken the under.
You owe me $20 now.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2007, 12:57:46 PM »

There's no reason her son can't go to Mexico with her. They need to make the constitution clear, that anchor babies aren't citizens.

DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2007, 02:35:19 PM »

Conan, as always I continue to applaud your immigration stance.  This bitch deserves to go
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2007, 02:57:39 PM »

I actually agree.  What good is it to deport the parents and leave a 3 year old behind to be placed into foster care or with legal US relatives, just to have them bring their parents back to the US in 18 years?
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2007, 03:05:51 PM »

Children of illegal aliens should not automatically receive citizenship.  Saul Arellano, as the child of an illegal immigrant was not "born ...  in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof," so there is no Constitutional requirement that he be treated as such, purely a legislative one.  Purely for humanitarian concerns, I could see granting such as he status as United States nationals, not citizens, if their parent(s) should happen to avoid deportation before they reach age ten or so.

However, while Saul should not have received citizenship status, he has, and as such I can see some justice in his mother Elvira's desire to stay with him in the United States.

The solution therefore is obvious.

1) Change the law to avoid making future Sauls.
2) Grant existing Elviras resident alien status until their citizen children reach age twenty-one.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2007, 03:18:15 PM »

Conan, as always I continue to applaud your immigration stance.  This bitch deserves to go

If you don't like our immigration laws, you can leave.  This is America... love it or leave it.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2007, 06:20:07 PM »

Holy shit!  What makes a mother who is being separated from her son because of deportation a "bitch"?

Strongly agreed
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2007, 07:16:56 PM »

GOOD! Finally. If I were the Feds, I'd just have barged into the church (and I'm a conservative Christian, remember).
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2007, 07:45:16 PM »

I actually agree.  What good is it to deport the parents and leave a 3 year old behind to be placed into foster care or with legal US relatives, just to have them bring their parents back to the US in 18 years?
I agree with this post 100%. It is VIP quality.
Conan
conan

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2007, 09:38:39 PM »

To those who say that my stance is republican, name a democratic senator who says illegal aliens should just stay here unidentified and illegally. This woman worked at O'Hare International Airport! That's a huge security risk, maybe not in her case but for others it is. Imagine the illegal alien member of MS-13 who executed those college students working at Newark International. Besides it's not like it's tearing her family apart. Her son is free to go with her.

If you don't like our immigration laws, you can leave.  This is America... love it or leave it.
While I wouldnt call this lady a bitch, it also happens to be the case that she was deported because of our immigration laws. If you don't like them...
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2007, 11:38:07 PM »

I agree with this post 100%. It is VIP quality.

Good idea - but CLEARLY unconstitutional - you'd  have to make an amendment editing the definition of a citizen - and it'd never pass - b/c then the gov't could easily just control citizenship to whatever pleases them for their good.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2007, 11:52:57 PM »

Good idea - but CLEARLY unconstitutional - you'd  have to make an amendment editing the definition of a citizen - and it'd never pass - b/c then the gov't could easily just control citizenship to whatever pleases them for their good.

Not really, as the relevant clause in the 14th Amendment is "born ...  in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof,"  An illegal immigrant or a tourist does not fall within the latter half of the requirement.  On the other hand, the child of a legal immigrant does, even if they never attain citizenship themselves.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2007, 12:30:10 AM »

Not really, as the relevant clause in the 14th Amendment is "born ...  in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof,"  An illegal immigrant or a tourist does not fall within the latter half of the requirement.  On the other hand, the child of a legal immigrant does, even if they never attain citizenship themselves.

How so? Illegal immigrants are bound by the laws of the United States as much as any other non-citizens in the country. Also, given the use of "born", the text appears to refer to the child, not the parents, so being "subject to the jurisdiction thereof" is inherent for a person born in the United States.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2007, 12:37:08 AM »

But that refers to the person in question, not their parents.

Otherwise, say Bob and Carrie move from Canada at age 20.  They give birth to Ricky, and he runs for President - he's perfectly fine.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2007, 12:56:24 AM »

They need to make the constitution clear, that anchor babies aren't citizens.

How nice.

Well, he's quite correct actually. The law isn't meant to be "nice".
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2007, 12:58:23 AM »

To those who say that my stance is republican, name a democratic senator who says illegal aliens should just stay here unidentified and illegally. This woman worked at O'Hare International Airport! That's a huge security risk, maybe not in her case but for others it is.

LOL!  Employing any one of 12 million illegal immigrants is a "HUGE SECURITY RISK"?  What's next, warrantless wiretapping is necessary to protect America from the terrorists?  Seriously, join the Republican party... you will feel much more at home there.  Maybe you can get a spare room next to CARLHAYDEN's jail cell.

Anyway, our opinion isn't that illegal aliens should stay here unidentified and "illegally."  They should be given amnesty and free citizenship instead.
Conan
conan

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2007, 03:27:37 AM »

To those who say that my stance is republican, name a democratic senator who says illegal aliens should just stay here unidentified and illegally. This woman worked at O'Hare International Airport! That's a huge security risk, maybe not in her case but for others it is.

LOL!  Employing any one of 12 million illegal immigrants is a "HUGE SECURITY RISK"?  What's next, warrantless wiretapping is necessary to protect America from the terrorists?  Seriously, join the Republican party... you will feel much more at home there.  Maybe you can get a spare room next to CARLHAYDEN's jail cell.

Anyway, our opinion isn't that illegal aliens should stay here unidentified and "illegally."  They should be given amnesty and free citizenship instead.
I said it was a security risk to hire an illegal alien at an airport. Anyway, the majority of democrats don't believe in giving criminal illegal aliens such as herself amnesty and free citizenship. The failed "amnesty" bill didn't even give illegal aliens free citizenship. You're fringe. You don't speak for my party.

So you're saying that an illegal alien whose backround we know nothing about working an an airport isn't a security risk? I know you're pretty safe out in Oregon but it's not a risk I am going to take where I live. I'm not saying that anymore than even 1% of illegal aliens are a danger but we can't have people here undocumented.
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2007, 05:24:14 AM »

Yeah, that's a pretty heartless thing to do. To kick a mother out of the country and not let her take her child.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies