Illegal Alien, Hid in Church for Year, is Deported, Finally
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:06:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Illegal Alien, Hid in Church for Year, is Deported, Finally
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Illegal Alien, Hid in Church for Year, is Deported, Finally  (Read 5198 times)
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2007, 06:30:36 AM »
« edited: August 21, 2007, 07:03:35 AM by Ebowed »

Anyway, the majority of democrats don't believe in giving criminal illegal aliens such as herself amnesty and free citizenship. The failed "amnesty" bill didn't even give illegal aliens free citizenship. You're fringe. You don't speak for my party.

I don't care who I speak for.  Don't claim the party as "yours", though.  Keep in mind that not a single candidate for President from the Democratic aisle supports mass deportations.  They support a path to citizenship, and they support giving aliens access to health care.  There's no reason to kick out 12 million people, after all.  It would be harder to make us even more disliked in the international community, but we could sure do it with an inhumane mass deportation.

Anyway, people who come here to work and start families are clearly vicious criminals.

but we can't have people here undocumented.

That's why you document them, and give them citizenship.  This is pretty simple.
Conan
conan

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2007, 01:53:46 AM »

Anyway, the majority of democrats don't believe in giving criminal illegal aliens such as herself amnesty and free citizenship. The failed "amnesty" bill didn't even give illegal aliens free citizenship. You're fringe. You don't speak for my party.

I don't care who I speak for.  Don't claim the party as "yours", though.  Keep in mind that not a single candidate for President from the Democratic aisle supports mass deportations.  They support a path to citizenship, and they support giving aliens access to health care.  There's no reason to kick out 12 million people, after all.  It would be harder to make us even more disliked in the international community, but we could sure do it with an inhumane mass deportation.

Anyway, people who come here to work and start families are clearly vicious criminals.

That's why you document them, and give them citizenship.  This is pretty simple.
read your other post
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2007, 02:44:44 AM »

I don't care who I speak for. Don't claim the party as "yours", though.  Keep in mind that not a single candidate for President from the Democratic aisle supports mass deportations.  They support a path to citizenship, and they support giving aliens access to health care.  There's no reason to kick out 12 million people, after all.  It would be harder to make us even more disliked in the international community, but we could sure do it with an inhumane mass deportation.

read your other post

What?  'Our' referred to the people in this thread correctly recommending that you join the GOP.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2007, 10:18:18 AM »

I just got an idea for a thread
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2007, 07:09:46 PM »

Might sound right-wing of me, but I agree with Conan completely
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2007, 01:38:26 AM »

Might sound right-wing of me, but I agree with Conan completely

Why?
Mesu
Rookie

« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2007, 04:39:52 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I hope they are successful in the future.

If you don't like our immigration laws, you can leave.  This is America... love it or leave it.

I don't like our immigration laws and I'm not going anywhere.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2007, 10:24:02 AM »

Anyway, our opinion isn't that illegal aliens should stay here unidentified and "illegally."  They should be given amnesty and free citizenship instead.

^^^^
Conan
conan

« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2007, 10:30:56 AM »

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/23/nyregion/23immig.html?_r=1&ref=nyregion&oref=slogin

Immigration Checks Ordered in New Jersey

By DAVID W. CHEN and KAREEM FAHIM
Published: August 23, 2007
TRENTON, Aug. 22 — The New Jersey attorney general, Anne Milgram, on Wednesday ordered local law enforcement agencies to inquire about the immigration status of criminal suspects and notify federal authorities whenever they believe someone arrested is in the country illegally.

Damn the Corzine administration! So right wing of him!
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2007, 10:34:40 AM »

Anyway, our opinion isn't that illegal aliens should stay here unidentified and "illegally."  They should be given amnesty and free citizenship instead.

^^^^

You seriously support that crap Bacon? When that belief comes mainstream it will then be time to vote from the rooftops.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2007, 11:30:24 AM »

^^^^

You seriously support that crap Bacon? When that belief comes mainstream it will then be time to vote from the rooftops.

Honestly, I fail to see why we shouldn't make legal immigration much easier. And if legal immigration is to be made easier, it only makes sense that the same new laws apply to people who already reside in the country.
Conan
conan

« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2007, 12:49:09 PM »

^^^^

Honestly, I fail to see why we shouldn't make legal immigration much easier. And if legal immigration is to be made easier, it only makes sense that the same new laws apply to people who already reside in the country.
After penalization because they broke our laws.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2007, 06:03:56 PM »

^^^^

After penalization because they broke our laws.

Why punish someone for breaking laws that shouldn't exist in the first place?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2007, 06:30:22 PM »
« Edited: August 23, 2007, 06:32:21 PM by Joe Republic »

You believe that people shouldn't be punished for breaking laws they don't like?
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2007, 07:25:20 PM »

You believe that people shouldn't be punished for breaking laws they don't like?

I previously mentioned that I believe an 'amnesty' should come into effect at the same time as change in immigration laws.

Why should someone be punished for breaking a law that wouldn't even exist anymore?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2007, 07:37:22 PM »

Joe, if we change the laws because they are deemed unfair by the lawmakers, we can't penalize people for breaking those same laws previously, especially in the case of victimless crimes.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2007, 08:23:52 PM »

Sanctuary!!
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2007, 02:41:35 AM »

Yeah, that's a pretty heartless thing to do. To kick a mother out of the country and not let her take her child.

Was she actually not allowed to take the kid?

Either way, she ought to have been out of here on a rocket.
Conan
conan

« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2007, 09:24:19 PM »

Yeah, that's a pretty heartless thing to do. To kick a mother out of the country and not let her take her child.

She was in LA where she was deported. She was sent to Tijuana and the son then went there and is now back in LA so that she can use him to come back. Disgusting mother, leaves her child alone in LA.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2007, 01:28:35 AM »

She was in LA where she was deported. She was sent to Tijuana and the son then went there and is now back in LA so that she can use him to come back. Disgusting mother, leaves her child alone in LA.

Just to say Conan you are right in this argument as like you pointed out this is a nation of immigrants,However like you also pointed out there is laws governing this and that is something we need espically in the post 9/11 world. This as I'm reading along is a fact that Ebowed doesn't seem to grasp as he claims mistreatment and such and completely ignores the fact that we have laws  regarding the immigration process and the last time I checked sneaking into this nation wasn't legal.       
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2007, 02:36:14 AM »

there is laws governing this and that is something we need espically in the post 9/11 world.

Completely irrelevant.

This as I'm reading along is a fact that Ebowed doesn't seem to grasp as he claims mistreatment and such and completely ignores the fact that we have laws  regarding the immigration process and the last time I checked sneaking into this nation wasn't legal.       

The reason people 'sneak' into the nation to begin with is because the immigration laws are unnecessarily strict and bureaucratic.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2007, 08:29:41 AM »

there is laws governing this and that is something we need espically in the post 9/11 world.

Completely irrelevant.

How is that "irrelevant"

This as I'm reading along is a fact that Ebowed doesn't seem to grasp as he claims mistreatment and such and completely ignores the fact that we have laws  regarding the immigration process and the last time I checked sneaking into this nation wasn't legal.       

The reason people 'sneak' into the nation to begin with is because the immigration laws are unnecessarily strict and bureaucratic.

Still the law is the law and sneaking into a nation is pretty much illegal in every country around the world.
Conan
conan

« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2007, 05:29:31 PM »

Elvira has blamed the United States for letting her in and having people pay taxes in an interview I saw on CNN. She and others are also saying our laws are inhumane. I don't think they are. We let thousands and thousands of people immigrate here every year and if I am not correct, most of the immigrants are coming from central/south america so our laws arent discriminating against them. Kennedy wrote legislation in the 60s that got rid of discriminatory immigration practices. I have a friend whos been living in the United States for 16 years, is a legal resident, and was only allowed to apply for citizenship and leave the country last year. It's extremely unfair to just give amnesty to people who havent followed the rules when there are legal immigrants here who have had to wait so long and have gotten screwed by bureaucracy. Also, you can never tell my friend was an immigrant as she as American as you or I, yet I had only found out she wasn't a citizen yet two months ago.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2007, 06:03:06 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/08/19/immigration.activist.ap/index.html

There's no reason her son can't go to Mexico with her. They need to make the constitution clear, that anchor babies aren't citizens.

I'm not too sure what they think gives them the right to remove someone from a Catholic Church.  If I were the Pope I would be livid... Bush's phone would be ringing off the hook.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2007, 07:04:32 PM »

I'm not too sure what they think gives them the right to remove someone from a Catholic Church.  If I were the Pope I would be livid... Bush's phone would be ringing off the hook.

But she wasn't in the church, she came outside to give a press conference and ended giving the reporters more of a story that she'd intended.  Oops!  In any case, even if one recognizes the right of churches to unilaterally grant sanctuary, Elvira didn't even attempt to claim political asylum status.  She was a purely economic migrant.  Although I suppose if one really wanted to stretch things beyond their proper shape, she could have claimed that she was being persecuted in the United States and gone to Mexico to seek asylum status there.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies