Judicial Term Limits Amendment [Failed] (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:16:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Judicial Term Limits Amendment [Failed] (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Judicial Term Limits Amendment [Failed]  (Read 12641 times)
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« on: August 21, 2007, 06:14:16 PM »

I will respectfully urge the senate to pass Ebowed's amendment, I can not speak for the other members of the court, but i for one will not be able to effectively do my job while at the same time being forced to look over my shoulder and perform like a trained monkey in an attempt to please the senate and/or the president because i have to worry about ruling the wrong way everytime a case comes up.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 03:19:03 PM »

I will respectfully urge the senate to pass Ebowed's amendment, I can not speak for the other members of the court, but i for one will not be able to effectively do my job while at the same time being forced to look over my shoulder and perform like a trained monkey in an attempt to please the senate and/or the president because i have to worry about ruling the wrong way everytime a case comes up.
Well, all I can say is: You don't have to do that to get my vote for reconfirmation.
Anyone who remembers my initial confirmation hearings will understand where i'm coming from here.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 03:25:55 PM »

I could probably swallow this if the president were taken out of the process so there is a simple reconfirmation by the senate.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 10:25:20 PM »

Do you need cloture after a certain amount of time?
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 06:48:45 PM »

...moderate, rational justices who rule on reason rather than ideological purity would be easily reapproved.

What are you prattling onabout verily? YOU see your ideological preferences as 'reasonable', and 'rational'.  Everyone does.  Your expectations of the court are quite simply fantasy.

Anyway Bullmoose is the classic example of someone who, while no more 'rational', 'reasonable', or 'impartial', and just as political as the rest of us, manages to pose as such simply because the ideology he imposes is more or less the status quo.  He doesn't rock the boat.  But to suggest that supporting the existing power-relationships isn't 'political' is just silly.

Bullmoose's views are the status quo!? And there you show your complete ignorance.

Nor would I be inclined to say that the most reasonable justices would be those closest to my views (though you seem to find yourself, and perhaps TexasGurl, the only possible appropriate justices).
Leave me out of it, Opebo doesn't approve of me either. :/
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies