Atlasian Pro-Life Caucus
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:18:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasian Pro-Life Caucus
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Atlasian Pro-Life Caucus  (Read 2591 times)
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 21, 2007, 01:42:44 AM »

Welcome!  Today I am announcing the formation of the Pro-Life Caucus.  Our main objective is to support goals that protect and nurture a culture of life in Atlasia.  Our goals are as follows:
1.) Universal Health Care:  It is a moral imperative that every Atlasian, young or old, poor or rich, has equal access to the finest quality of health care.  We support a not-for-profit system where all health services will be covered, including preventative treatment.
2.) Open Borders:  We support the right of anyone who seeks a better life for themselves and their family to join Atlasia free of the hurdles and hassles of the bureaucratic immigration process.  We oppose deporting undocumented immigrants and object to the idea that any human being is "illegal."
3.) Culture of Executions:  The use of capital punishment on criminals guilty of certain crimes is nothing less than a moral travesty.  We will seek the complete abolition, in every Region, of the death penalty for every crime.
4.) Life-Saving Abortions:  We will support the right of a pregnant woman whose life or health is threatened by her pregnancy to seek an abortion, if she so wishes.
5.) Fair Treatment:  Any person, suspected or convicted of being a threat to Atlasian interests in some way, deserves the respect and dignity of anyone else, including the right not to be tortured.
6.) Rational Response to Epidemics:  The HIV/AIDS crisis calls for us to support condom distribution programs, to decrease the rates of sexually transmitted infections among sexually active persons, and needle exchange programs, to decrease the rates of HIV and Hepatitis B infections among intravenous drug users.
7.) Life-Saving Research:  We support government funding of scientific and medical research in order to help aid our understanding of life-threatening diseases and to develop cures for them.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 02:01:57 AM »

Cute
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 08:06:08 AM »

SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 01:18:19 PM »

There's a difference between being pro-life and being pro-life at someone else's expense. Numbers 1, 6, and 7 are pro-life at the expense of the taxpayer, number 2 is pro-life at the expense of legal immigrants and natural-born citizens, number 3 is at the expense of future murder victims, number 4 is [depending on when you think life begins] at the expense of the fetus, and number 5 is the only one that is genuinely pro-life.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 04:38:42 AM »

number 3 is at the expense of future murder victims

Being pro-life on executions is not at the expense of anyone.  There is no evidence to suggest, regardless of what a sole study might say, that capital punishment serves as a deterrent.  If you want to deter crime, give the death penalty to every person convicted of any crime, regardless of scope or type.

Being pro-life in regards to illegal aliens is not at the expense of "legal immigrants" either.  It's simply an inconvenience to people like you who don't want to fund even more people going to public school.  To say that it's at the expense of anyone else's rights is just silly.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 04:55:25 AM »

New plank.

8.) Preserving Our Planet:  The Pro-Life Caucus supports measures designed to protect the environment and its inhabitants from destruction by humans.  We support efforts to combat human-caused global warming including the carbon tax, the phase-out of incandescant light bulbs, and measures to encourage use of energy-efficient technologies.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2007, 06:51:50 PM »

number 3 is at the expense of future murder victims

Being pro-life on executions is not at the expense of anyone.  There is no evidence to suggest, regardless of what a sole study might say, that capital punishment serves as a deterrent.  If you want to deter crime, give the death penalty to every person convicted of any crime, regardless of scope or type.

Being pro-life in regards to illegal aliens is not at the expense of "legal immigrants" either.  It's simply an inconvenience to people like you who don't want to fund even more people going to public school.  To say that it's at the expense of anyone else's rights is just silly.

Well, I do think it is at the expense of legal immigrants as they learn the English language, yet still have to suffer the lower standards of public education created by the entry of illegal aliens who choose not to learn the language. Certainly protecting the necessary knowledge of the adults of tommorow is pro-life.

New plank.

8.) Preserving Our Planet:  The Pro-Life Caucus supports measures designed to protect the environment and its inhabitants from destruction by humans.  We support efforts to combat human-caused global warming including the carbon tax, the phase-out of incandescant light bulbs, and measures to encourage use of energy-efficient technologies.

Will you address the "tragedy of the commons" created by public ownership of property and how this can be circumvented by protecting property rights?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2007, 01:44:36 AM »

Well, I do think it is at the expense of legal immigrants as they learn the English language, yet still have to suffer the lower standards of public education created by the entry of illegal aliens who choose not to learn the language.

You have no way of determining that
a.) All legal immigrants speak English
b.) All undcoumented immigrants don't.

It's just a stereotype used to promote a silly wedge issue (the official language).

Will you address the "tragedy of the commons" created by public ownership of property and how this can be circumvented by protecting property rights?

The Pro-Life Caucus does not take a position on property rights.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2007, 06:33:39 AM »

I'll join. Smiley
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2007, 10:37:31 AM »

The Pro-Life Caucus does not take a position on property rights.

Even though they can be used to save the planet, as I demonstrated? Also, since you are the "Pro-life" caucus, why don't you have a plank denouncing full-scale invasions of non-existant countries? Also, you might also want to add a plank protecting the right to keep and bear arms.

Also, common sense would have it that, since learning English is a necessity for coming here legally, then the overwhelming majority of legal immigrants will have learned it by the time they attain citizenship. However, because illegal aliens aren't held to the same standard, I would expect that the majority of them won't speak English, spimply because they don't have to.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2007, 11:06:42 AM »

I'll join.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2007, 05:57:23 PM »

Also, since you are the "Pro-life" caucus, why don't you have a plank denouncing full-scale invasions of non-existant countries?

That was a vote to recognize the United States as an existing country.  I, of course, voted to remove the invasion from the resolution via amendment, but the Senate rejected my peaceful compromise.

Also, you might also want to add a plank protecting the right to keep and bear arms.

I don't see why someone who clearly has no interest in joining should be dictating our platform.

I would expect that the majority of them won't speak English, spimply because they don't have to.

How do you expect an "illegal" immigrant to hold a job in an English community if they don't speak English?

If they work in a Spanish community, then sure, but that means there are "legal" immigrants who prefer to keep speaking Spanish as well.

Also, as far as I am aware, knowing English is not a necessity to come here legally (other than that it's practical to do so).
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2007, 09:37:08 PM »

Also, since you are the "Pro-life" caucus, why don't you have a plank denouncing full-scale invasions of non-existant countries?

That was a vote to recognize the United States as an existing country.  I, of course, voted to remove the invasion from the resolution via amendment, but the Senate rejected my peaceful compromise.

Can you explain why you felt that recognizing the United States was more important than keeping Atlasia out of a war? Refusing the recognize the US won't cost a single Atlasian soldier, but getting Atlasia into war will.

Also, you might also want to add a plank protecting the right to keep and bear arms.

I don't see why someone who clearly has no interest in joining should be dictating our platform.

This is just constructive criticism. Your remark completely dodged my sugesstion that recongnizing gun rights will save lives and is thus pro-life.

I would expect that the majority of them won't speak English, spimply because they don't have to.

How do you expect an "illegal" immigrant to hold a job in an English community if they don't speak English?

If they work in a Spanish community, then sure, but that means there are "legal" immigrants who prefer to keep speaking Spanish as well.

Also, as far as I am aware, knowing English is not a necessity to come here legally (other than that it's practical to do so).
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2007, 06:46:53 AM »

Can you explain why you felt that recognizing the United States was more important than keeping Atlasia out of a war? Refusing the recognize the US won't cost a single Atlasian soldier, but getting Atlasia into war will.

It's a symbollic vote.  Launching an invasion of the United States, while not the best move at all, certainly would have added a new angle to the entire 'game.'  Regardless, I was frustrated with the conservative effort to kill the legislation and cast my vote in favor of the mishandled final version in protest.

This is just constructive criticism. Your remark completely dodged my sugesstion that recongnizing gun rights will save lives and is thus pro-life.

Did you consider that I don't agree with your suggestion?
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2007, 11:36:50 AM »

It's a symbollic vote.  Launching an invasion of the United States, while not the best move at all, certainly would have added a new angle to the entire 'game.'  Regardless, I was frustrated with the conservative effort to kill the legislation and cast my vote in favor of the mishandled final version in protest.

Okay, but I was saying that maintaining the status quo won't cost any lives.

Did you consider that I don't agree with your suggestion?

Fair enough. Good luck with your organization, even though I don't agree with its positions.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2007, 09:55:14 PM »

ok, I'll join. 
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2007, 10:22:26 PM »

Count me in.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2007, 03:22:52 AM »

Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2007, 03:49:24 AM »

Candidates for President, Vice President, or Senate are encouraged to speak to our members on why we should consider endorsing them.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2007, 04:42:20 PM »

I think this distinguished caucus should endorse me and my running mate Speed of Sound because we will work hard to actuate a good portion of your progressive ideals, such as saving Earth from human destruction, and other such things. I truly believe that Speed and I are the best carriers of the liberal cause currently running.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2009, 12:45:14 AM »

May as well bump this too.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2009, 12:55:31 AM »

I will join.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2009, 02:06:52 AM »

I immediately join. Wink

There's a difference between being pro-life and being pro-life at someone else's expense.

LOL Life worths less than money ?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2009, 10:51:49 AM »

I immediately join. Wink

There's a difference between being pro-life and being pro-life at someone else's expense.

LOL Life worths less than money ?

Most certainly. Don't you understand?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2009, 11:59:40 AM »

While I am the most pro-life senator in the history of Atlasia, so I should probably join if I didn't already in the past
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies