The Best Generation of last 100 years? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:44:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Best Generation of last 100 years? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: The Best Generation of last 100 years?
The G.I. Generation: 1900-1925

The Silent Generation: 1925-1945

The Baby Boomers: 1945-1961

Generation X: 1961-1981

Generation Y: 1981-2001

New Silent Generation: 2001-

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 29

Author Topic: The Best Generation of last 100 years?  (Read 3437 times)
senor
Rookie
« on: August 24, 2007, 03:12:34 AM »

I have always noticed that each generation had a war except for My Generation (which is called Generation X, a term that makes me ill, let's call it GX.

GI generation went to WWII. If you were a male born between about 1910 and 1925 and healthy, more than likely you were in a uniform eligible for battle service. They are more than likely the greatest generation because WWII was a war that had to be fought, there was little other choice, and these men and women won the war!

Silent Generation people were kids during the Depression and WWII, but the draft was still in effect, and many were drafted into service into the Korean War. Even during peacetime, Compulsory Military Service was the law until 1973, and people from all walks of life served during this time.

I will say that many silent generation people more or less lived in the peacetime of the 1950s, except for career officers who went on to fight in Vietnam.

Baby Boomers of course had the Vietnam War as a cloud. I couldn't imagine living at that time and the fear of possibly being forced by my government to fight a strange group of people halfway around the Earth.

GX My generation did not have any major wars or sustained conflicts. This isn't to say that service people from my generation were not killed 231 Marines were killed in Lebanon. Some military personal were killed in the invasion of Grenada in 1983. Then you have the younger GXers who were in Desert Storm, with causualties. However, during this time, there was no outstanding conflicts or major enemies that required the services of anyone who did not want to join the military service.

Generation Y These kids needs to worry. The military services are in dire need of people for the war in Iraq and possible war in Iran and other military operations. The 21st Century has totally gotten off on the wrong foot, with a faltering economy, changing demographics, and the drumbeat of war...........same old story.

Senor

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies