FOX cost Gore the election (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:12:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2000 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  FOX cost Gore the election (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FOX cost Gore the election  (Read 13055 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« on: July 29, 2004, 04:26:58 AM »

I will NOT get over an election stealing, ever. If Gore had stolen the election, you would not be over it, so why should us Democrats bend over backwards? We will never forget Florida 2000.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2004, 03:27:23 AM »

I will NOT get over an election stealing, ever. If Gore had stolen the election, you would not be over it, so why should us Democrats bend over backwards? We will never forget Florida 2000.

Never Forget. Always Remember. Always make sure we don't experience the same pain again. Always pray Katherine Harris gets run over by a car. Never, ever forget.

(Just kidding about the Harris thing)

God, you're right. I mean, where in the hell did Katherine Harris get the nerve to do something as ridiculous as follow the letter of the law...

What letter of the law?
Some counties never had a recount.
Meanwhile all sorts of illegal absentee ballots were counted. Some people admitted to mailing ballots after the election.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2004, 03:30:17 AM »

Never Forget. Always Remember. Always make sure we don't experience the same pain again.

Yes always remember. Remember counting the ballots over and over and over and over...and remember after ALL THOSE RECOUNTS....Gore still lost the state of Florida and the election.

You guys are sort of making my point. By calling Florida for Bush at 2 AM, and then retracting it, it led to the perception that Bush was ahead, and Gore was trying to catch up to him. The state was too close to call the entire time.

FL was called for Bush because a Diebold electronic voting machine gave Al Gore -16,000 votes in one precinct. This was fixed in the results available online, but not in the results used by the media to call the election. For half an hour, Al Gore was down by only 50,000 votes, with only Al Gore's  best counties yet to fully report, and the media thought the election was over.  I kept checking all the media to see if they had retracted the call for Bush. It took them half an hour. You can't make stuff like this up! Truth is really stranger than fiction. Diebold and the media get a grade of 'F'.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies