National Liberal Coalition Policy Discussion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:47:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  National Liberal Coalition Policy Discussion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: National Liberal Coalition Policy Discussion  (Read 5896 times)
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« on: August 26, 2007, 09:12:35 PM »

The position of this party on immigration, secularism will most likely determine if I decide to stay.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 11:11:22 AM »

My views on immigration are almost all influenced by immigration problems in France or Québec, and I'm pretty neutral on US immigration issues. But, I'm against regularization of illegal immigrants, I want immigrants to learn the language of the host country BEFORE coming, I want immigrants to follow the laws of the host country, including secularism and any laws concerning civil rights etc (especially some Muslims with women). And I'm most certainly opposed to any of the things going on in Québec that might be US issues, such as reasonable accomodations.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 12:43:11 PM »

I'm all in favor of legal immigration, considering these immigrants meet my points I stated in my above post. However, I'm more sceptic of immigrants bringing in with them relatives.
I would recommend a sort of "point system" for immigrants, giving those asking for entry extra points if they speak English, if they have proffesional training, if they have a clean criminal record, if they could find a productive job soon after entry etc. Instead of having immigrants come in and living on welfare for quite a time due to the absence of training to take up employment.

BTW, I'm officialy not a NLC member, but if Verily okays it, my "Democratic Centre" will affiliate with the NLC with conditions of automatic support for NLC candidates etc.

(note: i'm supposed to leave for Ottawa soon and I'll be absent, so I'll comment on anything this assembly passes upon return, so wait for me Tongue)
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 07:20:21 PM »

-Prayer allowed in public schools but not sanctioned; no "prayer time", no proselytizing

That's the only part receiving my disapproval. Public schools should be 100% secular, and you do what you wish with private schools.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 07:27:41 PM »

-Prayer allowed in public schools but not sanctioned; no "prayer time", no proselytizing

That's the only part receiving my disapproval. Public schools should be 100% secular, and you do what you wish with private schools.

Perhaps you are misunderstanding my point; children are allowed to pray during recess, for example, but "I'm busy praying" is no excuse for not paying attention in/being in class. I'm not sure how we could actively forbid students (or teachers/faculty, in environments with no students present) from being religious in school as long as no one is forcing anything religious on anyone else.

I did misunderstand you, and I hope your text quoted is the official policy on secularism in school.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2007, 06:39:41 PM »

I hope we won't extend funding to faith-based schools like the Campaign Messer-Upper Champion here wants to do. Smiley Equally, that all public education is entirely secular in curriculum. Those are mainly my points of concerns.

Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2007, 05:16:01 PM »

We can add that in though it looks as if this referendum will establish the "anti-independence" position as the national consensus and close the issue.

I'd personally agree to a "Nay" plank on the Atlasian-US relations for obvious reasons, as would all other Nay voters in the NLC/GLP/BDP
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies