National Liberal Coalition Policy Discussion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:06:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  National Liberal Coalition Policy Discussion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: National Liberal Coalition Policy Discussion  (Read 5876 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: August 27, 2007, 05:40:14 PM »

The NLC shouldn't take a position on abortion. While I'm relatively pro-choice myself this should remain a 'conscience' issue for each member to hold their own opinion. The same could also be said for embryonic stem cell research which I fully support. Of course if everyone is one side of the fence I can see why a position could be adopted Smiley
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 06:23:49 AM »

As most attempts at electoral and constitution reform end up being voted down by the Senate or by the people, it's very difficult to bring suggestions to the table that haven't, in one form or another been suggested before. Voting reform based on proportional representation or pooled/list voting are probably the furthest we could go. There will be objections if Senates do not represent geographic areas, which in truth really shouldn't be an issue as unfortunately very few Senators respond to regional/district issues anyway.

Again reality can cause problems. If we had two 5 seat lists for example, each elected every two months, we would like to think we would have 10 candidates for each and a proper race, but realistically we'd be lucky to muster 6, at which point there would be no need to campaign at all.

I'd agree that its difficult to get 2 candidates in each seat as it stands unless we shift the focus of the game from an election sim, to a government sim with higher participation, two houses etc. Other than this, we can only really patch up what we've got.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies