Lousisana Governor's race
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:43:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Lousisana Governor's race
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Lousisana Governor's race  (Read 2654 times)
Governor PiT
Robert Stark
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -0.87

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 24, 2007, 01:07:42 AM »

who do you think will win?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 01:31:42 AM »

Jindal of course.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 08:15:33 AM »

We can all hope for Boasso, but if there's going to be just 1 big upset, it needs to be in Mississippi instead.
Jaggerjack
Fabian_the_Fastman
Thailand

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -4.00

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 11:14:27 AM »

Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2007, 01:23:38 PM »

Jindal will win.

The most recent news is that Jeff Georges is considering switch to either Independent or Democrat. Walter Boasso was a Republican and recently switched to the Democrats (and was a Democrat before becoming a Republican). It seems by throwing all of their support behind Jindal (who would be the front runner without it) they have alienated other Republicans candidates. One has left the party and a second is strongly considering it.

One the other hand, if Boasso and Georges (assuming he does) switch parties how do we know they won't switch back in the future whenever it becomes politically convenient?

The negative campaign ads are also starting to mount, though most are not coming directly from the candidates. Boasso has ran some ads attacking Jindal, but these have been mild. If they get as bad as I think they will, I won't hesitate to vote for either Tony Gentile (Ind. who worked with my dad) or T. Lee Horne (Libertarian). However, excluding anyone who registers at qualifying that has not announced yet, I see Gentile and Horne finishing last and second to last.

Article on attack ads on Jindal: http://blog.nola.com/times-picayune/2007/08/jindal_supports_continue_to_at.html
Governor PiT
Robert Stark
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -0.87

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2007, 07:09:33 PM »

does that mean he'll become a presidential or VP candidate in the future?
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2007, 09:43:56 PM »

Bobby Jindal, of course, will win.  That isn't really isn't in question.  More interesting to me is how the state legislative races are shaping up, and which party will control which branch of the Louisiana legislature.  With Hurricane Katrina having torn the state Democratic Party a new one in terms of reliable voters, I would think that the state GOP would now have a much better shot in staging an upset by taking control of the legislature.   
auburntiger
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.61, S: 0.65

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2007, 10:54:40 PM »

Bobby Jindal, of course, will win.  That isn't really isn't in question.  More interesting to me is how the state legislative races are shaping up, and which party will control which branch of the Louisiana legislature.  With Hurricane Katrina having torn the state Democratic Party a new one in terms of reliable voters, I would think that the state GOP would now have a much better shot in staging an upset by taking control of the legislature.   

not to mention Mary Landrieu's (sp??) US senate seat, which is also very likely to go Republican
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2007, 02:18:16 PM »

I fail to see how that post violated the personal attack rule, Alcon, when it merely suggested a course of action for HardnCafe concerning Jesus.  Moreover, describing a poster in the third person as a "useless ass" seems hardly worthy of action; I am sure both you and I have been called much worse in third person, though I don't think we were either referred to as "pedophiles".  Suggesting that a conspiracy is in the works is not a cause of action, otherwise most posters here would have been banned already.  Tongue

I speak at this point, not as a moderator, but as a poster on the forum.  First person insults directed at the poster or personal attacks are my big issue, personally.

That is all.

First, I would like to clarify my original post. Jindal has already changed his name, changed his religion, and only lost in 2003 because he is brown. If he could change his skin color he probably would.

Secondly, I never understood why States feels he is so entitled to be treated better than how he treats he others. But then again, I doubt many people take him seriously so who cares.

As for Spade, Dazzleman does not post on this forum. How is calling him a pedophile so different from calling Barack Obama a piece of sh**t? The only difference I can see is that my calling him a pedophile was merely an opinion based off of what he has said. Calling Obama a piece of sh**t (or anything similar about Bush or any other politican) is clearly an attack - but Obama does not post on this forum, does he? Well neither does Dazzleman. If I get in trouble for doing certain things I think it is only fair that others get in trouble for doing the same things. Why is it wrong for me to make a humorous "Confederate Pride" signature about States, but it should be okay for him to viciously call another forumer a useless ass? To post a private message from a moderator on the forum?

And quite frankly, as Jfern has already pointed out, we all know you delete threads you disagree with, so you are in absolutely no position to criticize the moderating of your peers. I would recommend you ask Dave to remove your moderating abilities and find someone more appropriate for the job.

All HardRCafe does here is, as usual, post a sarcastic one liner. Contributing nothing to the Atlas, as usual. I hope this is not seen as a personal attack because I certainly do not intend it to be. It is just my observation that HardRCafe contributes almost nothing to the discussion on this forum or to the data and maps on this website. HardRCafe has criticized my actions on this website numerous times so I may as well criticize his.

I apologized for my actions regarding the edit on the Wiki. Though, personally, I (and many others) still view Dazzleman as a man who is indeed sexually attracted to girls as young as 13, I have apologized for my actions regarding the edit on the Wiki. It was not only unnecessary but it was a fact that many people would disagree with and as such should have been left off of the Wiki. I apologized because I did not mean to offend anyone with that edit.   Dave talked to me about it and I promised I would never do anything like that again. I was hoping that would be the end of it, but clearly HardRCafe and StatesRights (and perhaps Spade, too) are no better than what they preach. I can only conlude that they seek to censor those they disagree with, and will troll and attack until they get their way.
ElectionAtlas
Atlas Proginator
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2007, 03:57:08 PM »

I just deleted a bunch of the posts in this thread - it went way off-topic and many of the posts were inappropriate.  Its always my hope that members from various backgrounds and political philosophies could participate in these forums and debate the issues and talk about everything election related - preferably in a civilized manner - with some small sliver of an open mind to obtain at least a small understanding of another point-of-view - mostly, though, the discourse falls far short of this idyllic goal.   So, there is the ignore option.  If you can't stop yourself from flaming or escallating another post, please adopt the ignore feature.  As always, posts that you believe are inappropriate, please report to moderator.

In general, is it really necessary to use shock hyperbole to make one's point?  All it does is rile people up and the point itself is lost because the the post has no credibility.

Thanks,
Dave
sethm0

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2007, 04:38:39 PM »

Jindal will win. The question is whether it will go to a runoff or not. My gut says that it will not - Jindal will finish somewhere in the 50s or low 60s on the first ballot. I do hope that it goes to a runoff though, as Jindal is way too conservative for me.

The legislature is more interesting. For example, the Democrats now hold a 20-seat lead in the House, but due to their self-imposed term limits, 26 Democrats will be forced to retire after this session. Even if the Democrats keep a slim majority, several of their members would probabyl switch parties under a Republican Governor. If Jindal has serious coattails, Democrats could easily lose a 20 seat majority in one election!

I'm thinking that won't happen - Democrats will keep the majority by about 10 or so. But we shall see...
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2007, 04:49:39 PM »

Jindal will win. The question is whether it will go to a runoff or not. My gut says that it will not - Jindal will finish somewhere in the 50s or low 60s on the first ballot. I do hope that it goes to a runoff though, as Jindal is way too conservative for me.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2007, 05:33:05 PM »

I read a news thingy the other day that mentioned the Louisiana Dems running Anti-Catholic ads in the (heavily Baptist) north of the state. That true?
Conan
conan

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2007, 05:34:01 PM »

Jindal will win. I can see him getting mid to upper 50s on the first round but i hope it goes to run off.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2007, 05:35:53 PM »

I read a news thingy the other day that mentioned the Louisiana Dems running Anti-Catholic ads in the (heavily Baptist) north of the state. That true?

If any state-sanctioned party were to run anti-Catholic ads, they'd get their asses handed to them in the national media.  But the Louisiana Dems are stoking Baptist sentiments with an ad that attacks old theological writings of Jindal's.  The entire thing is sparking controversy.

Looks like desperation to me.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2007, 06:15:07 PM »

If any state-sanctioned party were to run anti-Catholic ads, they'd get their asses handed to them in the national media.  But the Louisiana Dems are stoking Baptist sentiments with an ad that attacks old theological writings of Jindal's.  The entire thing is sparking controversy.

Looks like desperation to me.

And this?
http://www.bobbyjindal.com/docs/videos/They-Cant-Stop-Corruption.html

Jindal on Religion ad:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MWVbOF4AWL8
sethm0

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2007, 04:58:51 PM »

I actually think that Dem ad isn't bad. It's totally dirty and underhanded, but this is Louisiana politics we're talking about.

Remember that the reason Jindal lost last time is because he underperformed in Northern LA. This ad won't make that happen again, but still not a bad commercial.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2007, 10:44:29 PM »

Jindal will clearly win, but I really hope that T.L. Horne will perform an upset.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies