Larry Craig (R)-ID (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:34:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Larry Craig (R)-ID (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Larry Craig (R)-ID  (Read 6088 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« on: August 28, 2007, 08:14:25 PM »

What I suspect is going to happen will be this:

Craig's going to wait out this thing for a month or two and see where his poll numbers are then.  If he determines that he is seriously in trouble for re-election, he won't run; if he determines that he isn't, he will run.

At least that's what the smart politician would do.  Some of Craig's comments and actions have made me wonder about this, however.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 08:59:22 PM »

What I suspect is going to happen will be this:

Craig's going to wait out this thing for a month or two and see where his poll numbers are then.  If he determines that he is seriously in trouble for re-election, he won't run; if he determines that he isn't, he will run.

At least that's what the smart politician would do.  Some of Craig's comments and actions have made me wonder about this, however.

If he does go for another term I wonder if he will face a primary and if that is the case he will lose as just about no politician(excluding DC's Marion Barry) could survive such issues such as this one.

The main issue: the guy, clearly, has shown he cannot be in public light anymore. Whatever caused him to behave with such an outlandish degree of idiocy in handling the case (I don't really care about what he did before being arrested, but, mainly, about what he did thereafter), it means he should retire. If he has any self-respect, he will. Otherwise, he has to be primaried out, or else the whole Republican party would look ridiculous. Judging by the speed with which the Rep leadership referred this to the ethics committee, they know this. 

I tend to agree.  I was just looking at the re-election issue.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 03:09:51 PM »

If Craig and Sali could both win their primaries and then go onto lose the general... oh, that would be a dream come true. Smiley

With regards to Sali, why would you presume that what the Democrats couldn't do in 2006, which will almost certainly be a better year for them in Idaho than 2008 and in which the race was non-incumbent, they could pull off and actually do in 2008.  Barring of course some unknown scandal.  Of course, if Sali were to be defeated in the primary, then another Republican will win.

Anyway, I suspect Craig will resign within a month and someone else will replace him.  Just my gut.  I say that after reading what happened today.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 03:28:11 PM »

A couple of off-topic posts like this won't cause me to delete, but make sure it doesn't go any further.  Thanks.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies