Larry Craig (R)-ID (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:38:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Larry Craig (R)-ID (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Larry Craig (R)-ID  (Read 6080 times)
cp
United Kingdom

« on: August 28, 2007, 03:58:30 PM »

This thrilling monosyllabic discussion aside, perhaps some focus would be in order.

Larry Craig pleaded guity to a misdemeanor offense after propositioning a plainclothes officer in an Minneapolis airport in June 2007. A few minutes ago he stated that A: he would not rule out running for reelection and B: he would attempt to change his plea, with help from counsel this time (which was not present when he plead back in June).

If Craig runs for reelection I find it difficult to imagine that, even in Idaho, the Democrats wouldn't be able to give him a run for his money. Craig's statement today fell somewhere between side-splittingly absurd and mind-numbingly idiotic. He apologized for pleading guilty in the first place and for the 'cloud over Idaho' that this has brought. (No word yet on whether that cloud is raining men).

I have it on good authority that Democrats are used for target practice in Idaho, so its conceivable it would still be a lean-Republican race. But the clip he just made is Macaca-esque.

I have no idea who the Democrats would get to face Craig, or who would replace Craig if he decides to step aside. The last time Idaho elected a Democrat to a full term was 1974, and that candidate (Frank Church) had served since 1957. It's an uphill battle, but considering the nature of the scandal it might be enough to depress Republican turnout, or rally Democrats.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies