Favorite Foreign Leader (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:28:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Favorite Foreign Leader (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Favorite Foreign Leader  (Read 10043 times)
ThePrezMex
Mexico

Political Matrix
E: 5.25, S: -1.69

« on: July 27, 2004, 12:21:23 AM »

Recent Past leaders: 1) Yitzhak Rabin 2) Carlos Salinas 3) Mikhail Gorbachev 4) Margaret Thatcher 5) Helmut Kohl 6) Ehud Barak

Current leaders: 1) Tony Blair 2) ...  3) ... 4) ... where are they??

ThePrezMex
Mexico

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2004, 12:48:57 AM »

Keystone:
1) why IDS?? IMHO he was one of the worst leaders the Tories have had. Thatcher, Major, Hague and Michael Howard, all better than IDS - Even some others that weren't leaders like Kenneth Clarke and Michael Portillo. What does IDS has in particular?

2) I think it doesn't matter whether Berlusconi is conservative or not, or if he supported the war or not. It has been proven beyond doubt that he is one of the most corrupt and crooked politicians around. Many people will argue that most politicians in Italy are equally corrupt - well, true, but that is not a justification. He has basically accomplished zero in Italy - compare that to the record of Aznar in Spain, an effective conservative.
ThePrezMex
Mexico

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2004, 01:07:19 AM »

Keystone:
1) why IDS?? IMHO he was one of the worst leaders the Tories have had. Thatcher, Major, Hague and Michael Howard, all better than IDS - Even some others that weren't leaders like Kenneth Clarke and Michael Portillo. What does IDS has in particular?

The reason why I admire Smith is because I enjoyed his debates with Blair the most. Hague was ok and I'm not a huge Howard fan right now. He's just taken over fairly recently so I'm just not used to watching him debate. So many people say that IDS was boring and quiet but I saw him as an exciting leader in the House of Commons during PM questions.

Now concerning Berlusconi...the whole corruption thing certainly isn't a positive thing about him but his conservativism is something I admire in an ever changing, left leaning Europe.

Ok, I never saw IDS debating, since I can't watch C-SPAN in Mexico. I can now that I'm here. But, even The Economist (my favorite source for news) which you could call "conservative" in certain way, was not very favorable to IDS. I think Hague would have made a great leader if he had waited until now; he was way too young.
Anyway, if I were allowed to vote in Britain, I would have voted every time for Thatcher and the first time for Major, but would have voted for Blair everytime.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies