Favorite Foreign Leader (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:00:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Favorite Foreign Leader (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Favorite Foreign Leader  (Read 10034 times)
cwelsch

« on: July 27, 2004, 06:33:37 AM »
« edited: July 27, 2004, 06:34:14 AM by cwelsch »

I tend to dislike actual politicians, maybe because they all tend to be either liars or whiners and the ones that aren't rarely fit me in most areas.  And of course I hate the politics of pretty much anywhere outside the US (and to a lesser degree Canada) because those countries hate the middle class and think having a little money is a sign of laziness or dishonesty.  Of course, tons of the same people who hate the middle class love super-rich people like actors or the Queen (met and talked to tons of Laborites who love the Queen).  I just don't fit much of anywhere because they all seem to hate the market and hate anybody who accumulates any bit of wealth.

If forced to answer I'd probably quote you philosophers or something.  If you held my arm to my back I'd probably be convinced to say a few nice things about Thatcher (although I don't even know if I'd've voted for her) or Mulroney in Canada.  Nowadays, I dunno, probably Westerwelle of the German Free Democrats (not exactly a political mastermind, if results count).

Naturally I'd be very positive on Otto Guevara, the first Libertario elected in Costa Rica (although not the last, since 2002) and to a lesser degree on Rodney Hide of ACT New Zealand (also a Libertarian party).  But then I don't know a ton about Westerwelle, I know next to nothing of Hide, and a fair amount on Guevara.  But knowing libertarians/classical-liberals and political positions can lead me to make assumptions and guesses.

All of which assumes you mean leader in a vaguer sense of the word than you probably did.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies