Breaking News: Larry Craig to resign tomorrow
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:48:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Breaking News: Larry Craig to resign tomorrow
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Breaking News: Larry Craig to resign tomorrow  (Read 5023 times)
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2007, 04:15:22 PM »

And what, Bob Torricelli was a crusader for gay rights?  Dude voted for DOMA.
Conan
conan

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2007, 04:44:48 PM »

has nothing to do with it. didn't claim he was a crusader for gay rights either.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2007, 04:52:45 PM »

didnt torricelli also date laura ingraham?

hmm.

ingraham has been called a 'fag hag' because of her relationship with lindsey graham.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2007, 06:02:16 PM »

has nothing to do with it. didn't claim he was a crusader for gay rights either.

Chill, kid.  I'm bashing Torch, not you.
Conan
conan

« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2007, 08:59:30 PM »

Chill, kid.  I'm bashing Torch, not you.
Maybe you should bash the Torch for ethics instead of something he doesn't deserve to be bashed on, kid.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2007, 10:13:15 PM »

It's more than a strange irony. The very efforts of people like Craig to stigmatize homosexuality is what creates the conditions in which  Craig found himself. Anonymous sex in airport restrooms in not unrelated to society's inability to accept homosexuality in American life. Craig is a victim of circumstances that he helped to create.

Gee, then why are Democrats adamant his only "crime" was being gay, instead of soliciting anonymous sex in an airport restroom?  Do they care more about acceptance or cheap political points where they won't win anything anyway?  Don't answer that.
Conan
conan

« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2007, 10:53:18 PM »

It's more than a strange irony. The very efforts of people like Craig to stigmatize homosexuality is what creates the conditions in which  Craig found himself. Anonymous sex in airport restrooms in not unrelated to society's inability to accept homosexuality in American life. Craig is a victim of circumstances that he helped to create.

Gee, then why are Democrats adamant his only "crime" was being gay, instead of soliciting anonymous sex in an airport restroom?  Do they care more about acceptance or cheap political points where they won't win anything anyway?  Don't answer that.
I will answer that. Torricelli has nothing to gain from it. He's not a politician anymore so there are no more cheap political points from him. Besides, there is no such thing as a cheap political point because the whole purpose of a cheap political point is to drive an agenda such as gay rights.
Conan
conan

« Reply #57 on: September 03, 2007, 09:03:34 PM »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/09/02/AR2007090200889.html

A Prayer for Larry Craig

By James E. McGreevey
Monday, September 3, 2007; Page A15

My gut wrenched when I read of Sen. Larry Craig's bathroom arrest. I remembered my own late-night encounter with the law at a Garden State Parkway rest stop following a political dinner in north Jersey.

I pulled into the rest stop, parked my car, flashed my headlights, which was "the signal," and waited. Glancing in my rearview mirror, I saw a state trooper approaching. I desperately tried to convince the trooper of my innocence, showing him my former prosecutor's badge, a gift from the office when I left. The trooper radioed his office and returned. "I never want to see you here again," he said. I survived for another day.

click link
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies