Unions spent $900 million+ in 2004?!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:53:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Unions spent $900 million+ in 2004?!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Unions spent $900 million+ in 2004?!  (Read 2164 times)
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2007, 06:46:18 PM »

Why do liberals support gun control and want to restrict freedom?

It doesn't matter, gun control is dead. The Democrats will never pursue it again. Period. The gun control lobby is forever f**ked.
Good. We can hope that's right.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2007, 09:30:47 PM »

You've said the AWB was a stupid law. What's wrong with my opposing it?

Why didn't you answer my questions? Are Howard Dean, Bernie Sanders, you a year ago, jfern and Scoonie all rednecks?

And why are you ravaging me for holding a position on gun control that is actually more moderate than you used to hold?

Because, as I've already explained to you, it's not your position on gun control that makes you a redneck, it's the fact that every third post by you is about the issue.  GET OVER IT or join the Libertarian Party.

I haven't made any such topics in quite awhile, but whatever. I'll admit I can be repetitive, but I don't see why you care since you haven't bitched about my posts on strip clubs or Ralph Nader.

And why should I join the Libertarian Party with my economic views and the fact that the Democrats are doing EXACTLY what I propose on gun control? Do you honestly think the Democratic party will ever do jack sh!t in strengthening gun control now?

Then why are you unable to figure out what calling you a redneck means?

Because you say it in a way that you seem to believe that anyone who isn't a WalterMitty clone on the issue is a redneck.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2007, 09:36:30 PM »

BTW, Joe is not entirely correct about Nader, he is not irrelevant as he plans on running again in 2008, and anyone who thinks Democrats don't rip him to shreds constantly still doesn't read DU.
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2007, 10:08:25 PM »

26 replies and still no doubts of the veracity of this stat! Does anyone here think that unions, who comprise less than 10% of the private workforce, could've spent $925 million nationally on political activities?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2007, 08:08:13 AM »

BTW, Joe is not entirely correct about Nader, he is not irrelevant as he plans on running again in 2008

... and will have even less of an impact than he did in 2004.  In fact, in the last election, he succeeded in winning 200,000 less votes than he did in 1996 (when he wasn't even the most notable third party candidate).  Ralph Nader is now completely irrelevant, and thus the amount of attention that you pay to him is a truly laughable (yet tiresome) attempt at beating a dead horse.

and anyone who thinks Democrats don't rip him to shreds constantly still doesn't read DU.

The problem is that you're assuming that Democrats like yourself and those who post at DU are sensible, logical people.  In any case, what I've already posted here applies just as much to those rabid crackpots at DU as it does to you.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2007, 10:30:39 PM »

Big Pharma spent over $200 million on just the 2005 California special election.
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2007, 11:25:15 AM »

Big Pharma spent over $200 million on just the 2005 California special election.

Didn't Big Oil spent over $100 million too? I thought Big Tobacco also dumped a huge amount of cash in a California battle measure fight.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies