National Liberal Coalition Senate Endorsements Discussion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:33:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  National Liberal Coalition Senate Endorsements Discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: National Liberal Coalition Senate Endorsements Discussion  (Read 3405 times)
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2007, 02:48:35 PM »

I have the same concerns about the Mideast as Hashemite; I'm not sure whether Joe is running a serious campaign yet, and I think I could be swayed to support Sensei if Joe's campaign is not serious.

Also, there's always the possibility of new candidates (including NLC members?) entering Senate races.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2007, 02:59:42 PM »

rest assured, I'm running a serious race to represent the good people of the Mideast in the Senate.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2007, 04:11:09 PM »

Joe and Hugh, for the contested races.

I concur with Bacon King.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2007, 04:33:47 PM »

Joe and Hugh for the contested races as well. I would also support an endorsement for Lewis Trondheim in the Midwest.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2007, 04:53:24 PM »

I would like to thank the NLC for their endorsement of the Colin Wixted/Jas presidency. As one of the firm believers in the mission of the NLC I am happy to be its candidate in this next presidential election. The National Liberal Coalition has brought new hope and a new rallying point for the Atlasian political centre and for Atlasian liberals, in the words European sense. I have always wanted to fully thank Verily for having the willingness to start up an organization such as this and believe him to be one of the rising stars of Atlasian politics.

I would like to say that I believe that the policies of the Wixted/Jas presidency are those of the NLC as well. We were one of the few parties to come out in full support of proportional representation. We believed in reform and in changing the system, in a true presidential system that this administration has begun to create. The National Liberal Coalition also believes in progressive values of a true western society, a national healthcare system, social liberalism and reducing the role of government in peoples lives, and being open to new ideas.

The next term of a Wixted/Jas presidency will continue to update a system that had fallen into troubles during the doldrums of earlier times. By re-energizing the president's commitment to foreign policy and fighting for a domestic agenda based on reform and progress. Defeat cannot make us give up on the ideas put forward in reform. We, the members of the NLC, and all other reformers in Atlasia must continue to press for change in all areas that will be beneficial to Atlasia. We must push for proportional representation, for public healthcare, for national referendas. We must actively seek ways to increase participation in government, for the only way an Atlasian will feel that he is truly part of the system is through being active in the lawmaking activities, otherwise we are nothing more than a group of people who come together every month to vote for each other. Atlasia should be more than that and it has, since almost the beginning, been more than just elections. Direct democracy is not a horrible demon to be supressed at all costs, it is an ideal that should be promoted inside a community as small as ours.

We must face the facts that the beliefs we hold in the real world are often not applicable to the realities of Atlasian politics. Atlasia has existed now for almost 3 and a half years, within that time it has developed its own political culture and ideologies that are different from American politics and stand alone. While certain ideas may seem out of the question in a nation like the United States they may be the right tools for effective government in Atlasia. We cannot hold onto ideals from the real world that are untenable in Atlasia.

I believe that these are principals that the National Liberal Coalition would agree with and they are the positions that I have held throughout my presidency. I would like to thank the National Liberal Coalition and our allies in the Democratic Centre for the honour of being their candidate and I promise to hold fast to the values that have been the guiding light of my first term.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2007, 09:02:59 PM »

The only endorsement I'm 100% on right now is, obviously, Verily in the Northeast, regardless of future candidate announcements.

I'm strongly leaning to Hughento in the Pacific, but I still want to learn more about all the candidates there.  Ditto for Lewis and Sam—I want to see if those races wind up being contested first (and I may be alone here in my personal preference for Senator Spade, who may very well be the most centrist option there is in the Southeast).

The mideast is a tough call.  I'd love to see both the candidates make a brief statement here as to why they're the best choice for Senate.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2007, 12:25:08 PM »

I agree that Verily (NE), Lewis (MW) and Hugh (Pac) are the obvious endorsements. As regards the Mideast race, I had contemplated enterring the race if it was left uncontested, however, I will now not be. I am concerned about Joe's campaign being joke, otherwise I would ordinarily endorse him over a nominal resident, however that concern coupled with Sensei's closeness to the platform, means I would be happy to see either endorsed at this point.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2007, 03:07:19 PM »

Joe has dropped out, replaced by Inks
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2007, 03:40:06 PM »

I have no desire to endorse an idiot for Mideast Senate or to have another idiot in the Senate so soon after DWTL, so, unless someone else gets in, I feel we must endorse Sensei. (Which I would have no problems with otherwise anyway.)
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2007, 04:00:13 PM »

I must concur - Inks is absolutely not an option for the Mideast. Somebody ought to make a banner for Sensei.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2007, 04:51:31 PM »

I have no desire to endorse an idiot for Mideast Senate or to have another idiot in the Senate so soon after DWTL, so, unless someone else gets in, I feel we must endorse Sensei. (Which I would have no problems with otherwise anyway.)

I'm not sure I agree as to the characterization of Inks as an idiot—I think he did a solid enough job as Governor of the Mideast.  I do agree, however, that Sensei fits the NLC much better than Inks does.

While I'm not making a personal endorsement in the race here because I think there's a good arguement to be made for some ideological balance in the Senate, I do plan on voting to give Sensei the endorsement of the party.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2007, 04:57:24 PM »

I must concur - Inks is absolutely not an option for the Mideast. Somebody ought to make a banner for Sensei.

I completely agree as well. Inks is not an option in any region, or as a member of any sane Senate. It is the obligation of this party to support a candidate, like Sensei, who believes in many of our core values.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2007, 10:12:49 PM »

I'm strongly leaning to Hughento in the Pacific, but I still want to learn more about all the candidates there.  Ditto for Lewis and Sam—I want to see if those races wind up being contested first (and I may be alone here in my personal preference for Senator Spade, who may very well be the most centrist option there is in the Southeast).

It's good to hear the kind words, Moderate, although I doubt to hear them echoed again around the convention halls very much...
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2007, 10:20:54 PM »

Inks is not an option in any region, or as a member of any sane Senate.

I agree, Mr. President.  Inks first, Ebowed next.  Return a sane Senate, please.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2007, 10:22:52 PM »

Return a sane Senate, please.

You're resigning? Smiley
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2007, 10:31:30 PM »

Return a sane Senate, please.

You're resigning? Smiley

I guess you're interested in returning a sane Pacific Region any time soon, are you?
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2007, 11:40:59 PM »

A question I would like to ask the Chairman. When will the National Liberal Coaltion decide on who we're endorsing for the October Senate races? And when will we decide on Gubernatorial endorsements? Your endorsement would be appreciated for Lieutenant Governor of the Northeast Wink
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2007, 12:14:24 AM »

Well, I think you're guaranteed endorsement, no worries.

For Senate endorsements, I anticipate releasing them at the end of next week, around the 19th.

I don't see gubernatorial endorsements as particularly important, and all gubernatorial races are uncontested at this time anyway.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2007, 09:23:01 AM »

For Senate endorsements, I anticipate releasing them at the end of next week, around the 19th.

I don't see gubernatorial endorsements as particularly important, and all gubernatorial races are uncontested at this time anyway.

Unless there are any objections, I move to automatically endorse any NLCer currently running without opposition.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2007, 12:57:19 PM »

SE is now contested.

Thanks for the kind words everybody, btw. Smiley
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2007, 04:48:27 PM »

Okay, it's getting near time to release Senate endorsements. So far, we seem to have reached consensus on endorsing Sensei in the Mideast, Hughento in the Pacific and myself in the Northeast. (Correct me if I'm wrong on any of those.)

Personally, I think Senator Lewis or his challenger Speed of Sound would make equally good Senators from the Midwest, both being considerably to my left but reasonable and sensible people. I know most of the comments about endorsing Lewis were made before SoS entered the race, so if anyone would like to chime in, feel free.

In the Southeast, I would be fine with endorsing Sam Spade for reelection. He's been an adept President Pro Tem and, again, although I disagree with him on many issues, is also a reasonable and sensible person. (I would, however, also like to take this time to encourage one of the NLC members running for Governor in the Southeast to run for another office, possibly Senate, instead in order to avoid an intra-party election.)
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2007, 06:25:22 PM »

I agree that I'd like to see Preston go for the Senate.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2007, 07:06:44 PM »

Basically, heres the difference, and probably only difference, between me and Lewis: I will really push to get the GM re-instated, or else ask for the elimination of the budget (again). Also, I will work to have the GM increase cabinet activity through events they create. If I lose, I promise to push for this anyway, possibly taking the position myself, through the Atlasian Messenger. thats it gang, thats the difference, so its up to you as to whether you think the GM was a good (and still possibly efficient) idea or not.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2007, 08:54:55 PM »

Fair enough, you have my support then, SoS.  (although I'm nowhere near a member of the NLC).
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2007, 09:45:16 PM »

Fair enough, you have my support then, SoS.  (although I'm nowhere near a member of the NLC).
Much appreciated. Smiley We'll bring variety back to this game yet, dammit! Wink
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies