National Governors' Federation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:57:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  National Governors' Federation
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: National Governors' Federation  (Read 3445 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 06, 2007, 10:50:21 PM »

OK, we need to start this, because the Regions are getting WAY to disorganized.  I am asking that every region pass an amendement requiring at least the governor to be a member of this.  Lt. Governors will be let in as well.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 11:21:40 PM »

Sorry to burst your bubble but the regons have been in a state of disorganization, to put it lightly, for over a year. The regions are disorganized because a good number of them have no working government.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 11:29:27 PM »

Sorry to burst your bubble but the regons have been in a state of disorganization, to put it lightly, for over a year. The regions are disorganized because a good number of them have no working government.

And this will fix it (at least some).
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 11:40:00 PM »

If I was a gambling man, which I am actually, I would bet you any amount of money that it wont.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 12:22:20 AM »

If I was a gambling man, which I am actually, I would bet you any amount of money that it wont.

What's the harm in trying?  And the fact that our President is a pessimist when it comes to Regional gov't doesn't comfort me as a Governor. Tongue
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007, 01:39:15 AM »

When I was Governor of the Northeast in 2005 I tried to this unsuccessfully. Nevertheless when I become Governor again soon I will join.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2007, 01:42:53 PM »

How wouuld this solve anything?

It seems kind of pointless.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2007, 01:48:07 PM »

How wouuld this solve anything?

It seems kind of pointless.

The way I see it, you would use your combined powers to solve crimes and fight evil-doers.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2007, 01:59:52 PM »

What's the harm in trying?  And the fact that our President is a pessimist when it comes to Regional gov't doesn't comfort me as a Governor. Tongue

I believe my opinion on regions is rather clear cut. I have mostly been against federalism and regional government in Atlasia because it hampers the amount that the actual working government, the federal government, can do. With the exception of the Pacific and the Midwest, to an extent, the regions don't do anything and with a population as small as ours federalism really isn't needed.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2007, 02:08:15 PM »

I believe my opinion on regions is rather clear cut. I have mostly been against federalism and regional government in Atlasia because it hampers the amount that the actual working government, the federal government, can do. With the exception of the Pacific and the Midwest, to an extent, the regions don't do anything and with a population as small as ours federalism really isn't needed.

I'm still upset over a certain GM's ridiculous and disastrous handling of the New Mexico situation. While it was still kind of fun, I think we could've done a lot more with it had you-know-who not ruined it. Oh well!

The legislature has worked well for the Pacific. Perhaps other regions should try it.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2007, 03:08:21 PM »
« Edited: September 07, 2007, 03:16:11 PM by Dic Penderyn »

I'm still upset over a certain GM's ridiculous and disastrous handling of the New Mexico situation.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Though I'm now inclined to think that there was something inherently ridiculous and disastrous in having a GM in the first place.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2007, 03:10:15 PM »

You don't deserve comfort. You deserve to be thrown out of office.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2007, 03:15:12 PM »
« Edited: September 07, 2007, 03:17:56 PM by Dic Penderyn »

The legislature has worked well for the Pacific. Perhaps other regions should try it.

A little known fact is that the people of the Mideast actually voted for a legislature (of sorts). We never actually got it as my successors never got round to certifying the results of that round of referenda (neither did I o/c, but then a close relative of mine was very close to dying at the time...)

I suspect it's far too late now though.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2007, 03:19:54 PM »

When I was Governor of the Northeast in 2005 I tried to this unsuccessfully. Nevertheless when I become Governor again soon I will join.

Oh God... these two idi... uh... interesting... people... aren't both Governers, are they? Christ...
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2007, 03:32:29 PM »

For what!?
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2007, 03:35:56 PM »

For what!?

Blue avatar!  Wink
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2007, 05:24:51 PM »

I will join this organization, as the regional governments do need fixing so federalism can be put into place.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2007, 09:50:53 AM »

I'm willing to join.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2007, 11:08:28 PM »

Alright - I'll put this just with the September ballot, because I don't want to flood the voters with weekly ballots, and overlapping ballots will just get crazy.

But until then, we can just start whenever - the only reason I want amendments is so that we have universal participation in the future.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2007, 06:17:04 AM »

What exactly do you propose that this group do, Inks?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2007, 11:57:03 AM »

Set some guidlines to how we as governors run things when we have to work with each other - so set rules for redistricting.  Make sure governors know of legislature that could be passed on to us for voting on - amendments.  Stuff like that.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2007, 03:29:30 PM »

Set some guidlines to how we as governors run things when we have to work with each other - so set rules for redistricting.  Make sure governors know of legislature that could be passed on to us for voting on - amendments.  Stuff like that.

In other words, nothing. There is no need for another quango.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2007, 04:53:02 PM »

I'm willing to join as well.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2007, 12:13:47 PM »

Just a little update - there is currently an Amendment being voted on by the people to change the SotU Adress.

I think Pacific is the only one we're waiting on.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2007, 01:31:17 AM »
« Edited: November 02, 2007, 01:39:24 AM by Lt. Governor Rockefeller Republican »

BUMP

I think we should re-start this, don't you think?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies