National Governors' Federation (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:45:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  National Governors' Federation (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: National Governors' Federation  (Read 3493 times)
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« on: September 07, 2007, 01:42:53 PM »

How wouuld this solve anything?

It seems kind of pointless.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 02:08:15 PM »

Sorry to burst your bubble but the regons have been in a state of disorganization, to put it lightly, for over a year. The regions are disorganized because a good number of them have no working government.

And this will fix it (at least some).

If I was a gambling man, which I am actually, I would bet you any amount of money that it wont.

What's the harm in trying?  And the fact that our President is a pessimist when it comes to Regional gov't doesn't comfort me as a Governor. Tongue

I believe my opinion on regions is rather clear cut. I have mostly been against federalism and regional government in Atlasia because it hampers the amount that the actual working government, the federal government, can do. With the exception of the Pacific and the Midwest, to an extent, the regions don't do anything and with a population as small as ours federalism really isn't needed.

I'm still upset over a certain GM's ridiculous and disastrous handling of the New Mexico situation. While it was still kind of fun, I think we could've done a lot more with it had you-know-who not ruined it. Oh well!

The legislature has worked well for the Pacific. Perhaps other regions should try it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies